Author Topic: Dissent is no longer the highest form of patriotism. Agree or disagree?  (Read 6411 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
timeforpeace (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-06-09 11:51 PM
Original message
Dissent is no longer the highest form of patriotism. Agree or disagree?
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6240407

The mental contortions a DUmmy has to make...
Lex  (1000+ posts)          Thu Aug-06-09 11:52 PM
Response to Original message
1. I agree that it is, but being a misinformed loudmouth isn't informed dissent.
   nt

Hugabear (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-06-09 11:56 PM
Response to Reply #3
5. Dissent just for the sake of dissent is no core value
   In the past, whenever protesters dissented, they usually had an alternative solution. These mobs are not offering anything substantive, they're dissenting for the sheer purpose of intimidating and bullying others into submission.

BattyDem  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-06-09 11:55 PM
4. What's happening at the town hall meetings is NOT dissent!
   It's an organized effort to prevent ordinary citizens from talking to their congressional representatives about healthcare and other issues that matter to them. It was bad enough when they were simply being obnoxious and shouting RW talking points, but now they're getting aggressive. They're using fear and intimidation to stop the democratic process.

It's not dissent - it's terrorism.
:whatever:

MADem  (1000+ posts)        Fri Aug-07-09 12:49 AM
14. There's a difference between being a clueless hectoring crackpot, and
   disagreeing with a government policy or program based on honest KNOWLEDGE of what that program entails.

When you say "dissent," if you don't mean "INFORMED dissent" you're not being true to the original meaning of the sentence.

Crazed rantings by misinformed asswipes isn't dissent. That's behavior that is the result of clueless nitwits buying off on pure propaganda.

Juche  (1000+ posts)          Fri Aug-07-09 04:11 AM
29. Dissent based on what
   Edited on Fri Aug-07-09 04:12 AM by Juche
Dissent based on a desire for personal liberties and freedom carried out by an informed, passionate public against a tyrannical government? Yes.

Dissent based on low information voters with right wing authoritarian (aka protofascist) personality types who have their fears, prejudices and bigotries stoked and manipulated by corporate interests so they can be molded into useful idiot foot soldiers who oppose meaningful legislation designed to improve standards of living for Americans, legislation most of them don't understand the first thing about? No.

AngryAmish (1000+ posts)          Fri Aug-07-09 10:25 AM
35. We have an obligation to silence these teabaggin' assholes
   These disruptions are clearly hate crimes. In order for justice and freedom to continue we must crush these assholes and their stinking families - as a warning to other haters.

The irony of that statement. ::)

There you have it,agree with a left position and it is dissent...agree with a conservative position and it is being an uninformed thug.

Notice how quickly one can redefine protest and dissent into criminal behaviour.
History is trying to repeat itself and it is a bit scary.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Dissent is no longer the highest form of patriotism. Agree or disagree?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 05:26:53 AM »
In that vein, neighbor, I just found this:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPMqVIFe7z4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPMqVIFe7z4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Hopefully, the link works . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 09:17:23 AM »
It is, of course, they are just changing the definition of dissent now to suit their agenda!

Kinda like "Depends on what the definition of "is" is".

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »
BattyDem  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-06-09 11:55 PM
4. What's happening at the town hall meetings is NOT dissent!
   It's an organized effort to prevent ordinary citizens from talking to their congressional representatives about healthcare and other issues that matter to them. It was bad enough when they were simply being obnoxious and shouting RW talking points, but now they're getting aggressive. They're using fear and intimidation to stop the democratic process.

It's not dissent - it's terrorism.

so a bunch of rightwingers showing dissent is terrorism but slamming planes into the world trade center wasn't. Gotta love the DUmmies.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »
AngryAmish (1000+ posts)          Fri Aug-07-09 10:25 AM
   These disruptions are clearly hate crimes.

Funny how you weren't saying that when the Ditch Bitch was disrupting everything and everyone.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 09:51:25 AM »
Funny how you weren't saying that when the Ditch Bitch was disrupting everything and everyone.

havent you got the meme?
Activism and protests from the left are patriotic. Activism and protests from the right is hate speech and needs to be silenced.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
   These disruptions are clearly hate crimes. In order for justice and freedom to continue we must crush these assholes and their stinking families - as a warning to other haters.

This one should be distributed to every person you know.
The real views of the liberal left on public display.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Karin

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 10:04:09 AM »
Badcat, absolutely.  Deeply disturbing post.  Forwarding to Beck, Rush, Hannity and anybody else who will listen.  Also, my other site Moonbattery, which is getting a lot of traffic. 

Most of that thread was such pure bullshit I scrolled through it until I got to the end. 

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »
Badcat, absolutely.  Deeply disturbing post.  Forwarding to Beck, Rush, Hannity and anybody else who will listen.  Also, my other site Moonbattery, which is getting a lot of traffic. 

Most of that thread was such pure bullshit I scrolled through it until I got to the end. 

Forwarding to DUmmie Funnies. lol

Offline djones520

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 01:14:05 PM »

Hell, I'd forward it to the FBI as well.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 01:19:35 PM »
Everyone on this thread is gonna be reported on the snitch line.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 04:02:59 PM »

Hell, I want to be first, then!

Oh, and this idiot:

Just which group has most of the guns?   :uhsure:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 06:16:14 PM »
They must really be feeling their oats if they want to keep pushing this agenda on those that don't want it.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 08:44:53 PM »
Quote from:
MADem

When you say "dissent," if you don't mean "INFORMED dissent" you're not being true to the original meaning of the sentence.

And exactly who defines "INFORMED dessent?"  Because I assure you that any definition from the likes of you and those like you is not now, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be, an accurate definition.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 10:14:58 PM »

My name's already in the Gov't system. They won't have to look too hard to find me so I'm not worried.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 11:11:45 PM »
Situational ethics on parade.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 08:45:23 AM »
Situational ethics on parade.

It's one of the cornerstones of being a Libtard.  Being able to take any side of any of any issue so they are never wrong.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 10:26:27 AM »
Where was the "informed opinion" when they were orgasming when Cindy was camping in the ditch? Or assaulting Condi Rice with blood-stained hands? Or any of that other Code-Pinko wacko crap?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 10:44:06 AM »
AngryAmish has GOT to be a mole. No one can be that ignorant, even a DUmmie. I don't think the Amish part is working out so well for Angry. This kind of rage would be dangerous if it wasn't a DUmmie and therefore impotent.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams