Author Topic: California public union OKs strike authorization  (Read 571 times)

Offline thundley4

California public union OKs strike authorization
« on: August 02, 2009, 08:39:36 PM »
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - California's largest state employees' union voted on Saturday to approve a strike authorization measure to protest furloughs of state workers and pressure state officials to ratify its labor contract.

A spokesman for Service Employees International Union Local 1000 said a strike was not imminent but that the vote authorized union officers to initiate certain job actions, including a strike if necessary.

The SEIU represents about 95,000 state employees, including clerical workers and teachers.

The group's labor contract with the state expired last year, SEIU spokesman Jim Zamora said. The union negotiated a new deal with Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's administration in February, but the contract has not been ratified by the state Legislature.
Link
 :banghead:

You're making me take unpaid days of, so'I'm going to take lots of unpaid days off.  Yeah, that's logical.   I wonder if the union has a strike fund to provide for the workers. Fire them all and start taking applications online. Out of the millions unemployed right now, it wouldn't take long to replace all the striking workers.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: California public union OKs strike authorization
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 09:03:49 PM »
Personally, I say let them strike.  It can't hurt the state financially any more than the state already is.  Then the state can fire them all, give 'em IOUs for their final paychecks, and bring in non-union people who actually WORK FOR A LIVING...

I fail to see the down side to this.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
Re: California public union OKs strike authorization
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 10:02:10 PM »
Personally, I say let them strike.  It can't hurt the state financially any more than the state already is.  Then the state can fire them all, give 'em IOUs for their final paychecks, and bring in non-union people who actually WORK FOR A LIVING...

I fail to see the down side to this.

If we had enough people with any sense in our State's government, that is exactly what we would do.  We would cut open positions to the absolute minimum while we were at it as well.

Unfortunately, our state has too many moonbats and liberals to do it.