Author Topic: brain-damaged primitives discuss legalizing dope  (Read 972 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
brain-damaged primitives discuss legalizing dope
« on: July 29, 2009, 08:56:21 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6115979

Oh my.

It's predictable.

First, legalize dope, and then make it like medical care, free for all.

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-21-09 02:46 PM
Original message

NO ONE has ever died from smoking weed, legalize marijuana NOW IS THE TIME

NO ONE HAS EVER, OR WILL EVER DIE FROM SMOKING WEED. You may die from something else, WHILE smoking weed. Contrary to popular believe, Marijuana DOES NOT kill brain cells, it DOES NOT destroy organs. THC is the chemical in weed that makes you get the feeling, it has NO negative side effects. Its the only chemical used by the body. Everything else is exhaled.

People believe it makes you not think as well, this is simply untrue. People have killed people and killed themselves while high, but this has nothing to do with being high. They would have killed the person or themselves even if they weren't high. It does NOT impair the brains ability to do...anything. The people that have killed themselves under the influence of Marijuana, is only because Marijuana makes you feel happy.

Many people that commit suicide are depressed, so they smoke weed so they might get happier. Sometimes it helps, and the person rethinks their decision. Sometimes it doesn't...sometimes they don't smoke strong enough, or enough to get "happy enough" not to kill themselves. Marijuana has nothing to do with it. There are ONLY...I MEAN ONLY 2 reasons why Marijuana is outlawed....

1. Just like Moonshine, the United States would not be able to collect taxes on it, for it can be grown virtually anywhere unlike tobacco. Yet there is one company permitted to make moonshine and sell it, they do have to pay taxes on it and they cannot make it more than 50% alcohol.

2. In the early 1900's, Mexicans would come in the united states. Many of them so they could sell their Marijuana easier. This caused violence...fights over sales, robbing sellers, etc.

Some guy (I cannot recall his name) didn't like this. So he tried to outlaw it, but he couldn't because it was not "dangerous" enough. The government had nothing against it that would need it to be outlawed. He Started talking about the taxes. The government was listening yet still wasn't very concerned. In the 1930's he started making movies about Marijuana. These movies disgust me. One had a kid in it...He was smoking marijuana. One day he was talking to his mom and his mother saw a joint fall out of his pocket. His mother went to bend down to pick it up, he picked up a knife and stabbed and killed his mother...At the end of the video it was said the only reason he killed his mother is because of the marijuana influenced him. This is ignorant. There are 5-10 movies like this.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080206163...

Enough of this Fundie ConJob bullshit. The benefits greatly outweigh the negatives.

Oh my.  After copying-and-pasting the above, I suddenly noticed it's a very large bonfire, taking at least fifteen minutes to scroll down to the bottom of the page.

And so space enough only to quote a few primitives, selected at random:

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-21-09 03:08 PM
Response to Reply #9

11. It's also documented that it wasn't just sitting off-shore, that  Canadian liquor manufacturers made a mint smuggling illegal booze into the country.

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-21-09 03:09 PM
Response to Reply #2

12. Actually, I guess current research suggests negative cancer risk... 

In fact, it might help prevent some cancers. As well as Alzheimers (as will caffeine, possibly).

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-21-09 03:10 PM
Response to Reply #3

13. Of course it's not harm-free... 

Of course, if vaporizers weren't illegal in the states, it would be far less harmful than it already is.

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-21-09 03:54 PM
Response to Reply #25

28. Huh. Last I heard they weren't even available here. 

Of course, that was during the Tommy Chong pogrom, so maybe things have changed.

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-21-09 06:08 PM
Response to Reply #56

57. Tells you how out of the loop I am... 

They weren't last I checked.

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-21-09 06:10 PM
Response to Reply #30

58. I've known several who suffered from bipolar disorder and anxiety disorders but then we fall into the question of whether smoking is an attempt to self-medicate, which I believe it is.

Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-21-09 08:28 PM
Response to Reply #71

73. Oh, probably... 

I know some people who probably shouldn't smoke because it exacerbates their already bad social anxiety (and I know while it can decrease the effects of general anxiety in many, that's not something I've observed with social anxiety at all). As long as someone isn't prone to paranoia on pot (and the majority I've known don't seem to be), generalized anxiety can be decreased considerably.

Alcohol, on the other hand, is great for treating either. Until the point you drink enough to look like an ass (think you're socially anxious BEFORE, try it now after you've made a fool of yourself) or drink enough to wake up with a hangover the next morning STILL having the same issues that made you want to drink in the first place.

For the record, franksolich was 18 years old when dope first flowed into his lungs, and at various times, although not consistenly so, franksolich did hash too.

But by the time franksolich was in his mid-20s, it was old and stale and boring, and so he grew out of it.

franksolich suggests the primitives, nearly all of whom are w-a-a-a-a-y past their mid-20s, get around to growing up and growing out of it too. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

Re: brain-damaged primitives discuss legalizing dope
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 09:00:34 AM »
Mythsaje  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jul-21-09 03:09 PM
Response to Reply #2

12. Actually, I guess current research suggests negative cancer risk... 

In fact, it might help prevent some cancers. As well as Alzheimers (as will caffeine, possibly).

Um, no DUmmie. Some of the latest research does support the fact that pot contains carcinogens and does in fact cause cancer.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:22:22 AM »
Too bad they weren`t as concerned about being productive members of society as they are finding ways to escape from it.

Useless leeches.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 09:30:55 AM »
Stupid DUmbasses, it'll kill the "cash crop". I've known some, ummm, "farmers", and they DON'T want it legalized.

DUmmies, be careful what you wish for.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 09:35:55 AM »
Stupid DUmbasses, it'll kill the "cash crop". I've known some, ummm, "farmers", and they DON'T want it legalized.

DUmmies, be careful what you wish for.

Just as there's a minimum age for purchase of cigarettes and alcohol, I think it would be a good idea to have a maximum age for the use of dope.

Say, nobody over the age of 25 years.

By the time one's 25 years old, if one isn't already grown up, it's time to get cracking and grow up.

It freaks me, that primitives in their 40s, 50s, and 60s are still smoking dope.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 09:51:28 AM »
Most of them don't want to grow up, as we well know.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 10:01:40 AM »
The erstwhile protege DUmmy Mythsaje has clearly spent money on illegal drugs that could have improved his appalling living conditions. Of course, without benefit of illegal drugs, how could he ever have written:

He didn’t turn to look at her as she walked up on him. “When I was first turned,
I was afraid of becoming a monster. The one who turned me seemed callous,
uncaring, though honorable in his own way. The vampire he made me to fight
was a madwoman, a dark queen in truth. But before I’d been a year dead I made
a deal with a devil, and made vampires at his whim.

“I became a monster’s monster. I secretly hunted those I created at his command,
and destroyed them. I took their lives and then killed them. I’m not even sure I
regretted a bit of it. I was Raven, the hunter of the night, death to the undead.
I was the vampire bogeyman. I was the thing that the fearsome feared.”

Say what you will about DUmmy Mythsaje, he is a master of dialogue.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 11:00:29 AM »
Say what you will about DUmmy Mythsaje, he is a master of dialogue.

Damn.

Hey, where are you finding this stuff?  As far as I know, the maudlin waif primitive's never posted his druids and dragons fantasy stuff on Skins's island, or if he has, I've never seen it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 11:34:15 AM »
Wow.

So the maudlin waif primitive has his own web-site.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 12:53:30 PM »
I've always hated pot. Even when I was a teenager and "everyone" was doing it. Couldn't stand feeling stupid, spacey, and lazy.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 12:57:44 PM »
I've always hated pot. Even when I was a teenager and "everyone" was doing it. Couldn't stand feeling stupid, spacey, and lazy.

Cindie

I never tried it, but I saw enough friends while partying be so zoned out it wasn't funny. A few tokes on top of a few drinks and people want to sleep.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »
Well, damn.

I found the maudlin waif primitive's web-site.

I've worked as a carny, made pizza, helped build houses, worked the counter at a convenience store, delivered newspapers, ran a machine that bent metal for window screens, driven a delivery truck loaded with several tons of steel, and worked in a retail store.

Now, franksolich, the literary expert, sees at least three good best-selling books in this.  There's some really great material here.

But no, the maudlin waif primitive wants to be another NanceGreggs idiot, in addition to this stupid fantasy druids and dragons stuff.

Perhaps the maudlin waif primitive should ask how much money the NanceGreggs idiot makes off her writing, for comparison.

Damn.  The heart weeps, to see such Talent go to waste.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
Well, damn.

I found the maudlin waif primitive's web-site.

Now, franksolich, the literary expert, sees at least three good best-selling books in this.  There's some really great material here.

But no, the maudlin waif primitive wants to be another NanceGreggs idiot, in addition to this stupid fantasy druids and dragons stuff.

Perhaps the maudlin waif primitive should ask how much money the NanceGreggs idiot makes off her writing, for comparison.

Damn.  The heart weeps, to see such Talent go to waste.
As much as you are no doubt tempted, internet safety demands that you not purchase a bookshelf full of DUmmy Mythsaje's bestsellers. Since surely many, many months go by with not a single book being sold, and since DUmmy Mythsaje very possibly lurks here and is bitter about his lost opportunity for a protegeship, an order suddenly being shipped to the lonely Sandhills might snag unhealthy attention. When his big break comes on the Oprah show, via the DUmp "Greatest" page, his works will become widely available through Amazon and Barnes & Noble. I'm hoping that Oprah herself lurks here, and has noticed the excerpts I've posted. Come to think of it, there are female posters here who share Oprah's political leanings. I wonder.....

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 02:48:06 PM »
As much as you are no doubt tempted, internet safety demands that you not purchase a bookshelf full of DUmmy Mythsaje's bestsellers. Since surely many, many months go by with not a single book being sold, and since DUmmy Mythsaje very possibly lurks here and is bitter about his lost opportunity for a protegeship, an order suddenly being shipped to the lonely Sandhills might snag unhealthy attention.

No worries.  Fantasy and druids and dragons stuff doesn't rock my chair.

I'll bet the maudlin waif primitive could write a Hell of a story, a best-selling story, about the observations and experiences he had as an itinerant carnival worker.

I suspect the maudlin waif primitive is afraid to, because he might find out he has more talent than he thinks he does, and the maudlin waif primitive likes being small.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 02:48:30 PM »
Then why aren't they taking THC pills instead of inhaling smoke into their lungs containing hundreds of chemicals?

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 03:21:30 PM »

Cindie

I know watcha mean! Always made me null and void! Quit even being in the same room with idiots indulging about 25 years ago!

Besides, they'd pull my bond license in a nanosecond!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 04:23:35 PM »
I've worked as a carny, made pizza, helped build houses, worked the counter at a convenience store, delivered newspapers, ran a machine that bent metal for window screens, driven a delivery truck loaded with several tons of steel, and worked in a retail store.

Well, this primitive has an employment history as varied as mine - and eerily similar.

I've worked for Ma Bell, was a precious metals inspector, done basic butchering & cooked assorted deli foods, ran a convenience store, delivered newspapers, assembled interior doors, Mail delivery, and worked in a retail store.

Ive also cleaned and sterilized restaurant equipment, and ran the returned goods operation for a factory outlet, scored a children's musical, was a film and commercial extra, and a lifeguard.

I still work for the USPS delivering mail, and run a small webhosting business.

-as for college, I was an Elementary Education major, with a minor in music theory.   

-- Anyway, my point is one needs to roll with the punches to survive, which many primitives are incapable of doing. It makes me wonder why Mythsaje is now stuck in this rut, looking at his varied employment. My only answer is it has to be the weed. Its seems to deaden the ability one has to pick themselves up and move on. Too bad.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 04:26:42 PM »
It makes me wonder why Mythsaje is now stuck in this rut, looking at his varied employment. My only answer is it has to be the weed. Its seems to deaden the ability one has to pick themselves up and move on. Too bad.

That's exactly the maudlin waif primitive's problem.

And yes, it's very sad.
apres moi, le deluge