Author Topic: I Still Hate You, Sarah Palin  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
I Still Hate You, Sarah Palin
« on: July 07, 2009, 02:14:16 PM »
By way of Milwaukee's Very Own Mark Belling while filling in for Rush this morning:

Not only were we offended at the sheer effrontery of McCain’s pick: How dare the Republicans proffer this déclassée piece of Wasilla trailer trash whose only claim to fame was that she didn’t exercise her right to choose? Where were her degrees from Smith or Barnard, her internships at PETA, the Brookings Institution, or the Young Pioneers? We were also outraged that the Stupid Party had just nominated a completely unqualified candidate nobody had ever heard of, a first-term governor of Alaska whose previous experience consisted of a small-town mayoralty. As opposed to our guy, Barry Soetoro of Mombasa, Djakarta, and Honolulu, a first-term senator nobody had ever heard of, whose previous experience had been as a state senator (D., Daley Machine) in Illinois. After eight long, illegitimate, lawless years of &*^%BUSH$#@! tyranny, how dare you contest this election?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: I Still Hate You, Sarah Palin
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 02:22:35 PM »
I heard it today.

The man has points. Why aren't we tearing down the lefties?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 02:41:28 PM »
I heard it today.

The man has points. Why aren't we tearing down the lefties?

Why aren't we hanging them in the streets?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 02:45:38 PM »
It would be much easier to go after the leftists if there weren't so many attacks from members on the right also. 

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 02:52:53 PM »
Why aren't we hanging them in the streets?
I'll take: What would make us a tyranny? for $500, Alex.

It would be much easier to go after the leftists if there weren't so many attacks from members on the right also. 
Frum, Noonan, Parker et al...

...do they really think their up-turned noses advanced the conservative cause one iota?

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 03:34:32 PM »

Yeah this whole kissing their ass so we will be liked crap that the GOP leadership seems to think is the pathway to prominence will only leave us with chapped lips.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 03:57:51 PM »

Going into an election with John McCain as your lead candidate is like going to a gunfight with a Scout knife.  The various Beltway Conservatives (All pretty much Fiscal Conservatives with no use, or even fear of, Social Conservatives and Libertarian Conservatives) and wannabee Beltway Conservatives were in love with McCain (Since he basically is one of them) aghast at Sarah.  If they retain control of the GOP, 2012 will be a year of gloom and doom.

Watching the various so-called Conservative commentators (Talking actual non-infotainment types here) the two for which I have gained some significant respect are Krauthammer and Kristol, most of the rest of them seem to have a much, much higher opinion of themselves and their Ivy League educations than any of their analytical work seems to merit. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 04:05:09 PM »
Going into an election with John McCain as your lead candidate is like going to a gunfight with a Scout knife.  The various Beltway Conservatives (All pretty much Fiscal Conservatives with no use, or even fear of, Social Conservatives and Libertarian Conservatives) and wannabee Beltway Conservatives were in love with McCain (Since he basically is one of them) aghast at Sarah.  If they retain control of the GOP, 2012 will be a year of gloom and doom.

Watching the various so-called Conservative commentators (Talking actual non-infotainment types here) the two for which I have gained some significant respect are Krauthammer and Kristol, most of the rest of them seem to have a much, much higher opinion of themselves and their Ivy League educations than any of their analytical work seems to merit. 
concur

Maybe it's just me but I'm of the opinion that with the Tea Parties et al the real conservatives are gaining the upper-hand in the fight for the GOP. I try not to be a Polly Anna, i.e. my belief that Palin's national elected office career is over (assuming she holds such aspirations) but she can help turn the tide mightily for us as kingmaker (HOPING she holds such aspirations).

Personally I think she--we?--should focus on legislative races as that is where laws need to be made...or preferrably not made as we have enough of the damned things already. We've allowed the argument to be framed as control of the presidency. The POTUS needs to be a strong CinC and not a whole helluva lot else. By the electorate vesting so much imagery into the POTUS office we are drifting to a more centralized government every day and that is NOT what our constitution wanted to envision.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 04:21:49 PM »
I'll take: What would make us a tyranny? for $500, Alex.
Frum, Noonan, Parker et al...

...do they really think their up-turned noses advanced the conservative cause one iota?

No, not tyranny.

War.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 04:28:00 PM »
No, not tyranny.

War.
Until the avenues of peaceful resolution are denied by acts of force (free press, free assembly, right to vote, right to hold office etc) are denied there is no excuse for violence.

The Constitution guarantees peaceable political participation. Go see Bill Ayers for someone who thought just because policy didn't go his way he was allowed to throw bombs.

I don't play that way and I took an oath to use force against those who do.

Offline megimoo

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 04:48:56 PM »
An Absolutely Brilliant Must-Read

Assigned Reading: I Still Hate You, Sarah Palin
I don’t know why I’m telling you this, but maybe now you’re beginning to understand the high-stakes game we’re playing here. This ain’t John McCain’s logrolling senatorial club any more. This is a deadly serious attempt to realize the vision of the 1960s and to fundamentally transform the United States of America. This is the fusion of Communist dogma, high ideals, gangster tactics, and a stunning amount of self-loathing. For the first time in history, the patrician class is deliberately selling its own country down the river just to prove a point: that, yes, we can! This country stinks and we won’t be happy until we’ve forced you to admit it.

In other words, stop thinking of the Democratic Party as merely a political party, because it’s much more than that. We’re not just the party of slavery, segregation, secularism, and sedition. Not just the party of Aaron Burr, Boss Tweed, Richard J. Croker, Bull Connor, Chris Dodd, Richard Daley, Bill Ayers, the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, and Emperor Barack Hussein Obama II. Not just the party of Kendall “Agent 202” Myers, the State Department official recruited as a Cuban spy along with his wife during the Carter administration. Rather, think of the Democratic Party as what it really is: a criminal organization masquerading as a political party.

From top to bottom, an absolutely incredible piece of writing. Please read it from start to finish, pass it along to your friends, and encourage them to do the same.

http://www.americasright.com/2009/07/absolutely-brilliant-must-read.html

Offline megimoo

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 04:51:42 PM »
The Republicans bring a knife to a gunfight, and lose again.

By David Kahane

One of the most terrifying moments of my political life came last summer at the Republican convention in St. Paul. No, I don’t mean seeing John McCain careering around the Xcel Energy Center like Eyegore in Young Frankenstein, his face frozen in a Lon Chaney Sr. rictus grin as he reached across the aisle to his erstwhile friends in the media and got his hand bitten off. Rather, I’m referring to the aftermath of Sarah Palin’s outrageous acceptance speech, which whipped up the Rotary Club delegates into a frenzy of white-boy fury that not even heckling by a brave Code Pink embed could deter. Truly a fascist classic and one that sent shivers down our collectivist spines.

Even worse was the glaze of horror on the phizzes of the assembled heroes of the Mainstream Media. Andrea Mitchell — yes, the very same Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington, whose employer saw no conflict of interest at all when she married then Fed pooh-bah Alan Greenspan — stood there gaping like a frog while the rest of the assembled Finemans and Matthewses and Olbermanns scurried around like roaches when the light gets turned on: What the hell just hit us? For one horrible moment, it looked as if the carefully crafted plans of David Axelrod, Rahm Emanuel, George Soros, and the Second Chief Directorate, first department, of the old KGB were about to gang agley.

Not only were we offended at the sheer effrontery of McCain’s pick: How dare the Republicans proffer this déclassée piece of Wasilla trailer trash whose only claim to fame was that she didn’t exercise her right to choose? Where were her degrees from Smith or Barnard, her internships at PETA, the Brookings Institution, or the Young Pioneers? We were also outraged that the Stupid Party had just nominated a completely unqualified candidate nobody had ever heard of, a first-term governor of Alaska whose previous experience consisted of a small-town mayoralty. As opposed to our guy, Barry Soetoro of Mombasa, Djakarta, and Honolulu, a first-term senator nobody had ever heard of, whose previous experience had been as a state senator (D., Daley Machine) in Illinois. After eight long, illegitimate, lawless years of &*^%BUSH$#@! tyranny, how dare you contest this election?

And so the word went out, from that time and place: Eviscerate Sarah Palin like one of her field-dressed moose. Turn her life upside down. Attack her politics, her background, her educational history. Attack her family. Make fun of her husband, her children. Unleash the noted gynecologist Andrew Sullivan to prove that Palin’s fifth child was really her grandchild. Hit her with everything we have: Maureen Dowd of the New York Times, taking a beer-run break from her quixotic search for Mr. Right to drip venom on Sister Sarah; post-funny comic David Letterman, to joke about her and her daughters on national television; Katie Couric, the anchor nobody watches, to give this Alaskan interloper a taste of life in the big leagues; former New York Times hack Todd “Mr. Dee Dee Myers” Purdum, to act as an instrument of Graydon Carter’s wrath at Vanity Fair. Heck, we even burned her church down. Even after the teleological triumph of The One, the assault had to continue, each blow delivered with our Lefty SneerTM (viz.: Donny Deutsch yesterday on Morning Joe), until Sarah was finished.

You know what? It worked! McCain finally succumbed to his long-standing case of Stockholm Syndrome (“My friends, you have nothing to fear from an Obama presidency”), Tina Fey turned Palin into a see-Russia-from-my-house joke, “conservative” useful idiots like Peggy Noonan and Kathleen Parker hatched her, and finally Sarah cried No más and walked away. If we could, we’d cut off her head and mount it on a wall at Tammany Hall, except there is no more Tammany Hall unless you count Obama’s Tony Rezko–financed home in Chicago. And it took only eight months — heck, Sarah couldn't even have another kid in the time it took us to destroy her. That’s the Chicago way!

Yes, my friends, it’s once again time to quote Sean Connery’s famous speech from The Untouchables, written by David Mamet — the lecture the veteran Chicago cop gives a wet-behind-the-ears Eliot Ness (Kevin Costner, back when he was a movie star) while they sit in a church pew. “You want to get Capone? Here’s how you get him: he pulls a knife, you pull a gun, he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That’s the Chicago way!” If you just think of us — liberal Democrats — as Capone you’ll begin to understand what we’re up to. And we just put one of yours in the morgue.

http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=NDE3MmE5MDVmMGM1YjQ2NmVhMjJkN2I2ZTcxMzhlNjU=

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 05:08:29 PM »
Until the avenues of peaceful resolution are denied by acts of force (free press, free assembly, right to vote, right to hold office etc) are denied there is no excuse for violence.

The Constitution guarantees peaceable political participation. Go see Bill Ayers for someone who thought just because policy didn't go his way he was allowed to throw bombs.

I don't play that way and I took an oath to use force against those who do.

Therein lies the problem.

THEY certainly believe they are at war with US.  Not a hot war yet, but a war, and one that they are winning, because too many on "our" side do not believe it IS a war.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 05:34:06 PM »
Therein lies the problem.

THEY certainly believe they are at war with US.  Not a hot war yet, but a war, and one that they are winning, because too many on "our" side do not believe it IS a war.
An ideological war...which is healthy.

The battlefield is the marketplace of ideas.

When they send police to remove conservative candidates from ballots or arrest those campaigning for conservative ideals then you can start blasting and I won't leave the armory to stop you.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 05:42:02 PM »
An ideological war...which is healthy.

The battlefield is the marketplace of ideas.

When they send police to remove conservative candidates from ballots or arrest those campaigning for conservative ideals then you can start blasting and I won't leave the armory to stop you.

You obviously didn't watch Beck last week.

LINK

While the government warns that right-wing extremists could be domestic terrorists, and The New York Times, says I could incite those crazy conservatives to violence, the extreme left is actively calling for violence!

As world economies go down the tank and unemployment continues to rise, disenfranchised people are set to explode.

The dangerous leftist book that could spark this is "The Coming Insurrection." This is a call to arms for violent revolution, authored anonymously by a French group called the Invisible Committee who want to bring down capitalism.

This started in France and spread to countries like Greece and Iceland, where people are out of work, out of money and out of patience.

Now it's coming here. The book comes out in English in the U.S. in August. I have one of the first English copies.

The book was written after riots in the Paris suburbs in 2005 tore the country apart, and that was before the economy really got bad. This is the anti-"Common Sense," where I call for peaceful protest.

This is a book of revolution. Remember this is not from the right, you know the radicals that everyone is so worried about in government. This is from the far left. Let me share a bit:

"Take up arms. Do everything possible to make their use unnecessary. There is no such thing as a peaceful insurrection. Weapons are necessary."

LINK

Still think they're not at war with us, Bunny?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 05:49:31 PM »
You obviously didn't watch Beck last week.

LINK

LINK

Still think they're not at war with us, Bunny?
Apples and oranges

If I had a dollar everytime those paste-eating mouth-breathers fapped about "rising-up and taking to the streets to fight da man" I could have paid for the stimulus out-of-pocket.

And those idiots in their book--which I'm sure will avoid tri-syllabic words like DUmmies avoid job fairs--is an effort by private "citizens" and I will be happy to club and shoot them on your behalf.

When the gov't starts outlawing peaceful forms of dissent and opposition THEN we have a genuine war on our hands.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 05:52:35 PM »
When the gov't starts outlawing peaceful forms of dissent and opposition THEN we have a genuine war on our hands.

Imagine the hoops that the TEA party organizers have to go through.  If you're not outlawing it, you're certainly making it difficult enough to express and assemble--oh, where did I read that whole deal about the right of the people to peaceably assemble...damn.  Just damn.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 09:38:38 PM »
Imagine the hoops that the TEA party organizers have to go through.  If you're not outlawing it, you're certainly making it difficult enough to express and assemble--oh, where did I read that whole deal about the right of the people to peaceably assemble...damn.  Just damn.
Most regulations concerning assembly are state or local. The locals have a vested interest to ensure public order/health/etc. In other words, police have to be provided for as public order is a primary function of the state (and they work to protect Tea Partiers as much as make sure they don't get unruly) as well as bathroom facilities etc (local business owners aren't obligated to allow people to pee on the sidewalks in the supposed name of freedom).

And just because Tea Partiers in--say--The Gay Bay have to overcome obstacles to hold a rally doesn't mean we have casus belli when governments in--say--Texas welcome them with open arms. Even in those areas where Tea Partiers were harassed with legal regulations that were misapplied out of political spite the remedy is found in the courts which are very much open to us.

The Constitution never promised you would have grievances. On the contrary it images you're going to be pretty pissed-off a fair amount of the time and if not you then someone else. What matters is we have MULTIPLE mechanisms enshrined as to how to seek redress for those grievances from protesting to bringing suits to running for office to electing leaders to pass better laws or repeal bad ones to a free press. These are supposed to work in tandem so if one safeguard fails others remain because the founders anticipated these sorts of incursions. When all the safeguards are abolished there won't be enough of the US left over to make a difference if we set to each others throat...but not until then.

I am very much against this hyperventilating notion of armed response to each affront. We might as well burn the Constitution ourselves and let all matters be settled by contest of arms and at the end of the day we have to ask ourselves how many Americans do we WANT to kill. Do you really think Sarah Palin wants to be carried to the White House by a bunch of people who shot their way to power?

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 09:42:35 PM »
we have to ask ourselves how many Americans do we WANT to kill

How many voted for Obumble?

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 09:19:06 AM »
The Constitution never promised you would have grievances. On the contrary it images you're going to be pretty pissed-off a fair amount of the time and if not you then someone else. What matters is we have MULTIPLE mechanisms enshrined as to how to seek redress for those grievances from protesting to bringing suits to running for office to electing leaders to pass better laws or repeal bad ones to a free press. These are supposed to work in tandem so if one safeguard fails others remain because the founders anticipated these sorts of incursions. When all the safeguards are abolished there won't be enough of the US left over to make a difference if we set to each others throat...but not until then.

I am very much against this hyperventilating notion of armed response to each affront. We might as well burn the Constitution ourselves and let all matters be settled by contest of arms and at the end of the day we have to ask ourselves how many Americans do we WANT to kill. Do you really think Sarah Palin wants to be carried to the White House by a bunch of people who shot their way to power?

The point is, I DON'T want to "shoot my way to power".  The left has no illusions or limitations on what they'll do to attain and keep power.  That, dear man, is what frightens me--the fact they can piss all over the Consitution while we sit here playing patty-cake.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 09:49:04 AM »
The point is, I DON'T want to "shoot my way to power".  The left has no illusions or limitations on what they'll do to attain and keep power.  That, dear man, is what frightens me--the fact they can piss all over the Consitution while we sit here playing patty-cake.
The problem is with all the limp-wristed conservatives that don't want to get down and dirty.

When L'il 'B says Rev Wright no longer matters we had talking heads from the right say, "OK, good enough for us." and they cut us off in mid-sentence. Let the ****ing libs play dirty with their lies and Marxist cock-sucking ways. It's what they do...it's also why I'm not a lib.

What I can't abide are the *****-assed conservatives who say "NO! Don't call him a Marxist cock-sucking liar...IT'S NOT NICE!" **** nice how about we try for: TRUE!

And constitutional.

It's a war to be fought in the media and marketplace of ideas and any GOP'er who even mentions the words "decorum" or "bipartisan" should be pushed aside.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 10:02:44 AM »
Which is precisely why fewer and fewer conservatives are identifying themselves as Republicans.  We see not a dime's worth of difference between the two major parties these days.

And before someone goes on the, "Go Libertarian!" kick on me, let me just curb-stomp that idea real fast.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 10:15:01 AM »
Which is precisely why fewer and fewer conservatives are identifying themselves as Republicans.  We see not a dime's worth of difference between the two major parties these days.

And before someone goes on the, "Go Libertarian!" kick on me, let me just curb-stomp that idea real fast.
concur

I think we need to just define ourselves as conservatives first and foremost and when our numbers grow large enough we won't have to think about forming a third party the parties will be fighting to have us vote with them. It's exactly what happened to the parties. The reason Bush and McCain got so squishy on us is because they weren't looking for Republican votes they were courting votes from "blocs" of this group or that.

In a way I can be sympathetic to that notion because "Republican" (as we have come to painfully learn) is just a label. It's the policy agenda that matters. The sin we have had to deal with to date is that the policy agendas are based on identity politics, i.e. black, hispanic, gay, dead Norwegian blue parrot, etc. Add to this the fact that the blocs were courted not out of sincerity to the agenda but only for the sake of a label and it was a disaster in the making.

Our voting bloc needs to be based on ideology...especially one that transcends demographic identity. We need to sell the point that we don't need gay rights if we have a federal government that is so small it lacks the power to regulate that which properly belongs to the states. It can pay big dividends (of course humans being what they are we'll have to refight the exact same battle a generation from now).

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 10:20:36 AM »
Oh, I completely agree with your last two posts, MSB.

I'm just pointing out, that when and if, the shit hits the proverbial fan, I know who I'm going to blame.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »
Oh, I completely agree with your last two posts, MSB.

I'm just pointing out, that when and if, the shit hits the proverbial fan, I know who I'm going to blame.
Well, we hope our daughters don't end-up in Hell's Angels gang-bang porn either...

...but you can't live as if it's definitely going to happen tomorrow. Instead you focus of imparting strengths, not living in fear of weaknesses. Fear and weakness are liberal traits; it's why the little shitbags can't live without their gov't minders. Let them be the veal calves; you're better than that. It's why we're friends.