Author Topic: "Moderate" Senator Bill Nelson(D), FL  (Read 568 times)

Offline StantheTaxMan

• Probationary (Probie)
"Moderate" Senator Bill Nelson(D), FL
« on: July 07, 2009, 07:12:11 AM »
His response to my cap-and-trade letter.......

Dear Mr. Shultz:

Thank you for contacting me regarding cap-and-trade legislation.

I am interested in cap-and-trade programs because they would let the market, not the government, dictate how to lower harmful emissions. I believe that we have the technology and ability to meet the challenge of climate change in a way that will provide new economic opportunities and make us more competitive internationally while protecting consumers from high energy prices and breaking our dependence on oil.

Global warming threatens Florida's fragile ecosystem and $60 billion tourism industry. Rising sea levels will encroach on Florida's pristine beaches and harm coastal wetlands and the Everglades. Increased carbon dioxide and water temperatures will damage sensitive coral reefs and endanger Florida's diverse marine species. A scientific study by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change concluded with 90 percent certainty that global warming is caused by the accumulation of man-made greenhouse gasses.

On June 26, the House of Representatives passed H.R. 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009. The Senate is expected to consider legislation to address energy independence and climate change in the fall.

I will continue to work in the Senate to fight the effects of global warming. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me, and I respect your views. Please feel free to contact me regarding any additional issues of concern.

Sincerely,
Senator Bill Nelson

I think we're in BIG trouble if this is the mindset of the "moderates"?!
Wag more
Bark less