Author Topic: Obama assured of a chilly Russian welcome despite first signs of thaw  (Read 822 times)

Offline thundley4

BARACK Obama will have few traffic problems getting to the Kremlin for his first summit with Russian president Dmitri Medvedev on Monday – the Obamamania that has swept much of the rest of the world is absent from Moscow; there will be no adoring crowds to greet him.
A recent poll by Russia's Levada Centre found only 23 per cent of citizens believe the US president will "do the right thing in world affairs", with many doubting his promise of change will heal antagonisms between Russia and the West.
A long list of issues – from Nato's eastward expansion, to missile defence, to human rights, to the contest for oil and gas in Central Asia – continue to poison relations between the former Cold War superpowers.
Russian news agency Pravda was less than subtle in an editorial summing up the Obama administration, headlined: "Obama: Deceiver, cheat, swindler, liar, fraudster, con-artist."
Link

Dayum, it looks like Pravda has Lord Zero pegged.  :rotf:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Honestly, I can't see how they gain anything from deferring to him at all.  He has shown no a near-total distaste and indifference to European issues, it seems like the Russians will get everything they want that he could do for them by just ignoring him, because whether they give him an inch or not, he's going to do all those things (strategic disarmament, disengagement from Eurpope, cessation of support for any former Soviet republics or Pact nations) anyway.  Perhaps they'll be nice to him just to be contrarian, but it doesn't mean they'll agree or deliver on anything that isn't clearly to their advantage.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
Maybe Putin just wants to use him(obasma) as a chew toy for awhile....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

Link

Dayum, it looks like Pravda has Lord Zero pegged.  :rotf:

Pravda had his number months ago.  They published a story a month or so back about how shocked they were at how rapidly the U.S. was sliding into MARXISM under obama's rule.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Russian news agency Pravda was less than subtle in an editorial summing up the Obama administration, headlined: "Obama: Deceiver, cheat, swindler, liar, fraudster, con-artist."

If Pravda is going to lift entire passages from CC they owe us royalties.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."