Author Topic: Can you believe there is going ot be a conference in NYC on GLOBAL COOLING??!!!  (Read 26059 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
I love Cindie and I'm not afraid to be called a Lesbian Quilter for it.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Well, I, too am a Lesbian Quilter!  And we don't even need to bother to list Undies -- it is a given.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Well, I, too am a Lesbian Quilter!  And we don't even need to bother to list Undies -- it is a given.

Lesbian Quilter's UNITE!

Offline Chris_

yadda, yadda, yadda....

Why trust liars?
You mean like all those folks who are competing for "research" dollars to study globalwarming?   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

Let me guess...."consensus" right?

Wonder what the consensus on TNO is right now?  :-)
Ok, now YOU owe me a monitor cleaning.   :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
TNO, where the **** is that global warming at you are screaming about? I just went out to walk my dog and get cigarettes and soda...it's 6 degrees out with a windchill of -16. Where is it, because I could sure use some!

Like the DUmb****s, TNO will probably try to claim that global warming causes cooling or some other idiotic contradiction.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
There's a Lunar Eclipse tonight.  I bet it's caused by Global Warming(TM).
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Chris_

Lesbian Quilter's UNITE!

Well girls are a lot more huggy-kissy than boys. I think girls can be sentimental and huggy without being quilters.

Cindie

Offline Happy Fun Ball

And there was a solar eclipse (annular) just two weeks ago. Coincidence?

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
TNO, where the **** is that global warming at you are screaming about? I just went out to walk my dog and get cigarettes and soda...it's 6 degrees out with a windchill of -16. Where is it, because I could sure use some!

Are you really so naive that you think the weather on one given day says something about climate? Are you really so naive that you think global warming means warm weather all the time?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:49:59 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama

Are you really so naive that you would think that the weather on one given day says something about climate? Are you really so naive that you think that global warming means warm weather all the time?

Are you really so naive to buy into the pure bullshit that is Global Warming? Oh wait, you're a big fat lib.... so, that answers that question.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps

Are you really so naive that you would think that the weather on one given day says something about climate? Are you really so naive that you think that global warming means warm weather all the time?

Are you really so naive as to call anything that disputes global warming "crackpot"?
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Duke Nukum

And there was a solar eclipse (annular) just two weeks ago. Coincidence?
:ohnoes: 

Is it Human Induced Eclipse Syndrome?
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.

HUH?

I LIKE Cindie. . .but how did this outbreak of teh dyke start?

*TKay*

Offline Chris_

HUH?

I LIKE Cindie. . .but how did this outbreak of teh dyke start?

*TKay*

Be like me and roll with it...

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Why do you bother? Honestly. No one here finds you the least bit credible. You never argue facts, you attack the messenger. When you do get backed into a corner, you simply ignore it and build another straw man.

Feel free to point out any important fact you think I've ignored or any strawman argument you think I've put up.

The fact is global cooling was all the rage when I was growing up. You couldn't open a newspaper or an issue of TIME without some reference to it. We discussed it in science class. It was dire. The world was going to end.

Again with the global cooling. As I've pointed out at least a few times now, the idea that Earth is entering an ice age is an idea which gained a lot of publicity in the 1970s news media but which did not gain a lot of support amongst scientists studying climate...

http://www.wmconnolley.org.uk/sci/iceage/

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:57:29 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
And yet a large number of scientists do not support the theory of man-made global warming either.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.SenateReport

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Are you really so naive as to call anything that disputes global warming "crackpot"?

I don't consider all scientists who dispute the idea of anthropogenic global warming to be crackpots.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
And yet a large number of scientists do not support the theory of man-made global warming either.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.SenateReport

Yeah, but they are discredited by the Daily Kos and Al Gore says they aren't really scientist, so they don't count! /TNO mode.   :-)

Offline Gwitness

• Leave that thing alone.
Just out of curiosity, what scientific degree of higher learning does Al Gore hold?

My position on global warming is based on what scientists who have studied it are saying, not on what activists are saying.

So......what is the temperature of the Earth supposed to be?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator

:werd:

We've pretty much been a ball of ice a few times, and a planet where we had vineyards in England. The Earth's climate is ever-so changing. A few two-legged ants on it aren't going to change it.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Duke Nukum

Just out of curiosity, what scientific degree of higher learning does Al Gore hold?

My position on global warming is based on what scientists who have studied it are saying, not on what activists are saying.

I set the Global Thermostat to 85 F but I think the darn thing is broken.  We'll be lucky to reach 20 F today :(
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Lord Undies

I set the Global Thermostat to 85 F but I think the darn thing is broken.  We'll be lucky to reach 20 F today :(

It's out of calibration.  You need a Honeywell with a dial face.  Get rid of that hi-tech sh*t.

Offline Duke Nukum

It's out of calibration.  You need a Honeywell with a dial face.  Get rid of that hi-tech sh*t.
I was going to take a sledge hammer to it today but the hammer froze and shattered when I merely tapped it against a snow drift.  Maybe it's not 20 F but 20 K?
― Homer, The Odyssey

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama

I was going to take a sledge hammer to it today but the hammer froze and shattered when I merely tapped it against a snow drift.  Maybe it's not 20 F but 20 K?

Well, set it back to what it should be. All this global warming is making me freeze my ass off when I talk my dog out on a daily walk.  :-) 10 degrees with 3 inches of snow and ice on the ground does not make for a pleasant walk when the dog wants to take YOU for a "pull".