Author Topic: Can you believe there is going ot be a conference in NYC on GLOBAL COOLING??!!!  (Read 26061 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: Can you believe there is going ot be a conference in NYC on GLOBAL COOLING??
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2008, 08:26:39 PM »
I love Cindie and I'm not afraid to be called a Lesbian Quilter for it.

HUH?

I LIKE Cindie. . .but how did this outbreak of teh dyke start?

*TKay*

I've been labeled "The Lesbian Quilter" by a few CC members.  I declared my love for Cindie even though I knew "Lesbian Quilter" would be whispered behind my back.    :-*

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
By the way, reading the Bio of some of the faculty of the OISM, I'd say you are doing a HUGE injustice by calling them crack pots.  Quite frankly, this one post of yours has caused me to lose more respect for your thinking faculties then anything else you've done here.

Aw DJ, don' be mad at TNO; he don't know no better, he's just repeating what the lib websites tell him to say.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Can you believe there is going ot be a conference in NYC on GLOBAL COOLING??
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2008, 09:28:31 PM »
I love Cindie and I'm not afraid to be called a Lesbian Quilter for it.

HUH?

I LIKE Cindie. . .but how did this outbreak of teh dyke start?

*TKay*

I've been labeled "The Lesbian Quilter" by a few CC members.  I declared my love for Cindie even though I knew "Lesbian Quilter" would be whispered behind my back.    :-*

Don't worry about those types, BEG...I've seen your picture...you're damn cute, I'd quilt with you any ole day!

Cindie
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2008, 09:50:32 PM »
There's a Lunar Eclipse tonight.  I bet it's caused by Global Warming(TM).
And there was a solar eclipse (annular) just two weeks ago. Coincidence?
:ohnoes: 

Is it Human Induced Eclipse Syndrome?

those cartoon characters are some of my favorites of all time... they are splendidly perfect in their simplicity..  :-)

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2008, 09:56:20 PM »
There's a Lunar Eclipse tonight.  I bet it's caused by Global Warming(TM).
And there was a solar eclipse (annular) just two weeks ago. Coincidence?
:ohnoes: 

Is it Human Induced Eclipse Syndrome?

those cartoon characters are some of my favorites of all time... they are splendidly perfect in their simplicity..  :-)
Me too!  I think it's my favorite one.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline jukin

« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2008, 06:55:53 PM »
I'm a lesbian quilter trapped in a man tailor body.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2008, 07:12:22 PM »
I'm a lesbian quilter trapped in a man tailor body.
I guess that's better than being a lesbian quilter trapped in Rod Taylor's body. :tongue:
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline djones520

TNO, here's that response.

You asked for proof, here it is right from the horses mouth.  You got issues with it, you can go to Mr. Robinson himself and ask about it.

As shown on page 1 of the paper, it was published by the Journal of Physicians and Surgeons. This journal is peer reviewed.

Moreover, it is a review article - not an original research article.
Therefore - as is ordinary practice - all facts in the article are referenced to the peer reviewed research literature - in the 132 references included.

Art Robinson

Now at any time you may withdraw your statement about the OISM.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2008, 09:13:04 AM »

One thing you'll learn about TNO as time goes by...he never retracts...even when he's hopelessly wrong.

He either moves the goal posts...claims we didn't understand the nuance of one particular word he was splitting hairs on or ignores the thread from here on out.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2008, 09:18:51 AM »
TNO, here's that response.

You asked for proof, here it is right from the horses mouth.  You got issues with it, you can go to Mr. Robinson himself and ask about it.

As shown on page 1 of the paper, it was published by the Journal of Physicians and Surgeons. This journal is peer reviewed.

Moreover, it is a review article - not an original research article.
Therefore - as is ordinary practice - all facts in the article are referenced to the peer reviewed research literature - in the 132 references included.

Art Robinson

Oh... my... God! A study on climate change reviewed by a medical journal. You have got to be kidding me.

First, the American Journal of Physicians and Surgeons is not listed in the MEDLINE/PubMed database of medical literature and does not, as far as I know, show up in other lists of peer reviewed science journals.

Second, the AJPS has been listed as untrustworthy by Quackwatch...

http://www.quackwatch.com/04ConsumerEducation/nonrecperiodicals.html

But even if the AJPS were considered a legitimate science journal, the fact that the OISM had to go to a medical journal to get its study on climate change published says everything one needs to know about the OISM. The OISM is a fraud.

Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2008, 09:22:38 AM »
Hmmm...sounds like you're just spewing a lot of opinion with no real fact to back up what you say.

Didn't you try to tsk tsk us for the same thing recently?

*sniff*  Yup hypocrisy is in the air.

But hey TNO you go ahead...and continue to deflect from the OP and hammer away at some senseless point that has nothing to do with the original subject.

No one but you really cares.  We showed what a fraud you are a long time ago.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

• Global Moderator
If quackwatch.com is a legit source does that mean junkscience.com is also a legit source?

Offline djones520

You never fail to dissapoint.  I knew the first words out of your mouth would be that AJPS was a medical journal and not something related to climatology.

Anyways, you'll have to excuse me for taking the word of someone who holds a PhD over yours.  As I said, if you want to take issue with Dr. Robinsons methods, then you can speak to him directly about it.  I've done my leg work, and now if you want to continue this discussion, you need to do yours.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2008, 09:34:48 AM »
You never fail to dissapoint.  I knew the first words out of your mouth would be that AJPS was a medical journal and not something related to climatology.

Anyways, you'll have to excuse me for taking the word of someone who holds a PhD over yours.  As I said, if you want to take issue with Dr. Robinsons methods, then you can speak to him directly about it.  I've done my leg work, and now if you want to continue this discussion, you need to do yours.

Even if the AJPS were qualified to assess climate science, and it is not, the fact remains that it is not recognized as a legitimate peer reviewed science journal.

Perhaps Dr. Geri Halliwell PhD considers the AJPS to be legitimate.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline djones520

« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2008, 09:36:21 AM »
You never fail to dissapoint.  I knew the first words out of your mouth would be that AJPS was a medical journal and not something related to climatology.

Anyways, you'll have to excuse me for taking the word of someone who holds a PhD over yours.  As I said, if you want to take issue with Dr. Robinsons methods, then you can speak to him directly about it.  I've done my leg work, and now if you want to continue this discussion, you need to do yours.

Even if the AJPS were qualified to assess climate science, and it is not, the fact remains that it is not recognized as a legitimate peer reviewed science journal.

Perhaps Dr. Geri Halliwell PhD considers the AJPS to be legitimate.

Like I said, take it to him.  I'm sure he'll love to listen to your reasoning.

• Global Moderator
QUERY: Would "peer-review" be defined as "those who espouse AGW"?

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2008, 09:42:48 AM »
If quackwatch.com is a legit source does that mean junkscience.com is also a legit source?

Quackwatch is a nonprofit organization affiliated with the National Council Against Health Fraud and was recognized by the Journal of the American Medical Association as one of 9 trustworthy websites which provide reliable information to the public.

I don't know enough about Junkscience.com to make a judgment about it. Feel free to inform me of any accolades or recognition Junkscience.com has received from the scientific community.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 01:42:50 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2008, 09:50:24 AM »

I don't know enough about Junkscience.com to make a judgement about it.

Liberal code for I can't refute anything they've said so I'm just gonna plead ignorance and pretend those pesky facts that counter my "feelings" don't exist.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2008, 09:57:01 AM »
You never fail to dissapoint.  I knew the first words out of your mouth would be that AJPS was a medical journal and not something related to climatology.

And yet the Libs like TNO will hold up Algores movie like it's the Gospel.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2008, 10:15:13 AM »
If they want to stuff dirty socks in their ears and call it educating their minds they're free to do it but what chafes me about TNO and his sort is they insist on using their "science" to impose their laws without the consent of the governed.

In short: environmentally-based dictatorship

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »

Feel free to point out any posts I've made in which I cite Al Gore's work as the basis for my position on climate change.
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2008, 02:11:27 PM »
Like I said, take it to him.  I'm sure he'll love to listen to your reasoning.

Come on, Djones... I know that you have a large capacity for critical thinking which must have caused alarm bells to go off in your head when you found out that Arthur Robinson's study about climate change was reviewed by the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons.

By the way, I just read that Jane Orient, the director of the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons which publishes the JPandS, also happens to be an professor at... guess where... the OISM.

And, guess who happens to be a notable member of the AAPS... wait for it... wait for it... Ron Paul... or, as he is called here at CC, Dr. Nutz.

OISM and AAPS... crackpots, quacks, and frauds.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 02:28:06 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2008, 02:24:09 PM »
Are you going to keep chasing these red herrings TNO or are you going to actually comment on the OP?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2008, 02:26:13 PM »
Are you going to keep chasing these red herrings TNO or are you going to actually comment on the OP?
He just wants to spout.

When you ask him what sort of practical policy agenda he has there's suddenly nought but crickets to be heard.

Offline djones520

No actually, it didn't send of any warnings.  If you read the first page of the study you will see why being posted in a medical journal would be relavent.  It makes a strong case about how Global Warming would be a good thing for the health of mankind.

I'm not suprised by your attack against it's veracity (and the AAPS) though, since it's a very large advocate of privatized healthcare, and has been a key player in keeping a national healthcare plan out of this country.