Author Topic: House Dems favor insurance requirement  (Read 3159 times)

Offline thundley4

Re: House Dems favor insurance requirement
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 08:31:06 AM »
I really don't want to see my medical benefits turn into taxable income.

I work for a big company, it's within the top 50 of the Fortune 500. My health insurance is a big part of my benefits package. Even the little bit of it that I pay  ($60 a month) is paid for with my pre-tax income. The estimated value of such coverage is $600 a month. That would be alot of extra tax for me.

So much for President Obama only wanting to raise taxes on the "rich."  Let's tax my benefits so we can pay for others.  :bird:

I pay about $40/week pretax also, and I still don't want to have to pay tax on my benefits. I haven't even met my deductible in over 10 years, so it would almost be cheaper to be with out the company insurance , if it weren't for the proposed fines on people without insurance.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2009, 10:28:03 AM »
I pay about $40/week pretax also, and I still don't want to have to pay tax on my benefits. I haven't even met my deductible in over 10 years, so it would almost be cheaper to be with out the company insurance , if it weren't for the proposed fines on people without insurance.

If benefits are taxed, I think more would opt out of coverage. Then of course we would see people being put in jail for not taking out health insurance. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »
If benefits are taxed, I think more would opt out of coverage. Then of course we would see people being put in jail for not taking out health insurance. 

That's why the Dimrats want to have the insurance requirement. You have insurance or you pay a fine.   What gets me is that all this BS about uninsured in this country counts the illegal immigrants and also those of an age that think they are still immortal and invincible, (the 20 somethings).

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 08:35:58 PM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aqLNecbH0dcg

$600 BILLION in new taxes and a $400 BILLION reduction in medicare and medicade.
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 12:05:55 AM »
My mother was on the phone asking questions about her Medicare advantage plan. They were trying to up sell her....the lady on the phone told her that even though it would be an extra $85 a month right now, President Obama has a law in the works that is going to make it less expensive for "seniors"....of course even if this was true, it would cost me twice as much in taxes...

What type of sales pitch needs to include the word "Obama?"   :lmao: :lmao:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 06:12:10 AM »
What type of sales pitch needs to include the word "Obama?"   :lmao: :lmao:

Really bad ones.  I'm also guessing in about 3 1/2 years, the sales pitch will be, "And it'll overcome Obama's ****ups!"
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford