Author Topic: We sold our house....  (Read 3761 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
We sold our house....
« on: June 04, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »
We got the first offer 6 days after we put it on the market (they were the 2nd couple to look at the house).  Our Realtor didn't get it up on the internet for two days after we listed, then it took her a couple more days (last friday) to get the pictures up.  I was a little mad with her about all of that and her description she did for our house and made her change it.  I guess she must of done something right though.   

We went back and forth with counter offers and today we finally settled on a price.  They originally wanted our washer/dryer and our large flat screen TV.  Bastards...I didn't let them have either.  They want to close on July 3rd.

We are going to LA tomorrow to look at houses.  We come back Monday night.  I don't want to move or give those people my house. 

Offline Lord Undies

Re: We sold our house....
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »
Now I'm tearing up.  This is heartbreaking.  I tried to be strong for you, but dammit, this is your HOME we're talking about. 

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »
Now I'm tearing up.  This is heartbreaking.  I tried to be strong for you, but dammit, this is your HOME we're talking about. 

I know...... :bawl:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 05:45:31 PM »
I know...... :bawl:

I've lived in my little lean-to for 23 years.  They'll have to sedate me or embalm me to get me out.  I'm emotionally attached.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »
We went back and forth with counter offers and today we finally settled on a price.  They originally wanted our washer/dryer and our large flat screen TV.  Bastards...I didn't let them have either.  They want to close on July 3rd.

People actually DO that?  Unreal. :mental:

Did you at least break even? :(
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »
I've lived in my little lean-to for 23 years.  They'll have to sedate me or embalm me to get me out.  I'm emotionally attached.

I'd imagine after 23 years, the house is "lived-in" with your tastes.  It's taken me a while to get used to my house...I think I could leave it tomorrow though and not be upset...but I've only been here 2.5 years.  I cried when I left my condo in New York though...I lived there for 8 years.

BEG...moving your house so fast is a good sign....Hell, If I were re-locating to Texas..I'D BUY IT...you'd have to leave the TV, washer, dryer AND the furniture though... :tongue:

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 12:48:29 AM »
We got the first offer 6 days after we put it on the market (they were the 2nd couple to look at the house).  Our Realtor didn't get it up on the internet for two days after we listed, then it took her a couple more days (last friday) to get the pictures up.  I was a little mad with her about all of that and her description she did for our house and made her change it.  I guess she must of done something right though.   

We are going to LA tomorrow to look at houses.  We come back Monday night.  I don't want to move or give those people my house. 

Glad it sold quickly.

I have heard of appliances staying, but never a TV!!!

Didn't they know all you went through to get a dryer that works?   :-)

Offline Flame

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 06:47:36 AM »
I don't know if I should say I'm glad it sold so fast, or sad for you.  I guess a little of both.  :bawl: :-)

At least you don't have to worry about floating two mortgages, I guess.

I hope you find a house in CA that you totally love, and that the girls find their niche.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 07:42:17 AM »
Count me among the sad. I loved that house and I know how much you and K put into the yard, the kitichen and all the decorating. Many fond memories I have visiting you in TX.... I am glad it sold quickly for you, but still.  :bawl:

Oh I made this post all about me and my feelings.... could I be a bigger shmuck without trying?  :-*
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 07:44:43 AM by Schadenfreude »
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 07:46:54 AM »
Count me among the sad. I loved that house and I know how much you and K put into the yard, the kitichen and all the decorating. Many fond memories I have visiting you in TX.... I am glad it sold quickly for you, but still.  :bawl:

Oh I made this post all about me and my feelings.... could I be a bigger shmuck without trying?  :-*

SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Well glad ya sold it BEG.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 07:48:29 AM »
Sucks that you're having to move, but as previously mentioned, be thankful the house sold quickly--as long as the buyers get financing.  Did you put any conditions on that?  I know when we tried to sell our house in CA, we had to get to the third offer before the buyer got financing.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 08:28:13 AM »
I hope everything goes as well as can be hoped for BEG.

Turmoil sucks. :(

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »
Let us know how the house-hunting goes.  And again, I really could use a double-double from In-N-Out.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 09:03:50 AM »
I'm sad too dang it!!!! While it's a blessing in disguise that it sold so fast (and boy did it!) I bet it's shocking too because you're still getting used to the idea of moving. It's like, "Hey!!! Wait a minute!!!!"

I know whatever is in store for you will be great and you'll get settled in a new place and make all new memories.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 09:19:06 AM »
Congrats & condolences, BEG.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 10:14:58 AM »
Well BEG, welcome to the land of fruits and nuts!

Once ya'll get situated I can give you some ideas on what things to see in Cali. Theres MUCH more to it than the LA basin, despite the fact that Hollywierd portrays the state that way.
 I say this because most people that haven't been here think it's a one long beach with SF at one end and LA at the other. And no, there are not palm trees everywhere throughout the state.  :p
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 09:36:17 PM »
So...we had our first day of house hunting. Today it was looking close to Kevin's work. Friggen depressing.  We did find a couple places I MIGHT live but I would have to give up my quilting machine.  We were looking in the Redondo Beach area (Golden Hills) and Torrence area mainly. We looked at some POS places in el segundo and manhattan beach.  It looks like kevin will be commuting.  :p

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 09:43:36 PM »
So...we had our first day of house hunting. Today it was looking close to Kevin's work. Friggen depressing.  We did find a couple places I MIGHT live but I would have to give up my quilting machine.  We were looking in the Redondo Beach area (Golden Hills) and Torrence area mainly. We looked at some POS places in el segundo and manhattan beach.  It looks like kevin will be commuting.  :p

I think the Spelling place is still up for sale.  I think, with a little rearranging, your machine will fit.   :p

Offline Lanie

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 12:43:52 AM »
I'm sorry about your house. I hope things work out for you in the longrun though.
Happy Upcoming July 4th. Our country is still one of the best in the world.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009, 04:33:10 AM »
Well BEG, welcome to the land of fruits and nuts!

Once ya'll get situated I can give you some ideas on what things to see in Cali. Theres MUCH more to it than the LA basin, despite the fact that Hollywierd portrays the state that way.
 I say this because most people that haven't been here think it's a one long beach with SF at one end and LA at the other. And no, there are not palm trees everywhere throughout the state.  :p

I enjoyed reading about the free things to do in LA on the city's website.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 08:44:02 AM »

POS or just expensive?  Yeah, 1M for a crackerbox in Manhattan Beach is depressing.  The southern and western sides of Torrance are pretty decent, and if you can afford something up in Palos Verdes you'd be likely to find what you want.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 08:53:23 AM »
In this recessionary gloom and doom that we're continually bombarded with, it's actually refreshing to see that there are people out there who are buying and selling homes.

Um, yeah, I concur with Sparky. Unless the buyer has a very nice nest egg, it's kinda important that they get financing. Not so easy these days, I hear...

Floating two mortgages ain't fun, or even renting and paying on a mortgage at the same time is definitely not fun. That one I've done.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 08:54:45 AM »
I would like to sent you and your family many blessings in your journey to relocate. It's never a easy task. May God be with you.

I lived in the area you're looking(Torrance), in the 5th grade and it's a tough area. But lots to do.

Onward and upward.
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline Gratiot

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 08:56:09 AM »
Congrats & condolences, BEG.

+1.

BEG, I adored your home with your elegant touch and flair for style.  It truly was a beautiful abode, and certainly, 'you'.  I hope you're not too saddened by leaving it behind, hopefully seeing it as an opportunity to BEG'afiy' a new home for the benefit of all mankind  :cheersmate:

Congrat's on selling it so quickly too, I'm absolutely astonished by that!  Good luck with the move!!!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 08:10:04 PM »
They wanted the TV?
Bastards!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.