Author Topic: Walgreen's primitive seeking medical advice; gets locked  (Read 1826 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Walgreen's primitive seeking medical advice; gets locked
« on: May 28, 2009, 11:03:15 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=222x60625

Oh my.

One wonders if the primitives ever read the rules of Skins's island.

armyowalgreens  (450 posts)      Thu May-28-09 07:33 AM
Original message

Muscle twitches and a feeling of "being out of it". Should I be concerned?

I can't seem to find a lot of info on the internet about my symptoms.

Basically my left upper arm won't stop twitching. It's been spasming for several hours now. My right calf and both my lower arms have a dull pain in the muscle. My right hand also twitched for several minutes last night.

Now I feel like my mind is in a fog.

There hasn't been anything severe enough to affect my motor skills. But I'm a little worried.

Suggestions? Should I go to the ER?

On edit: My right thigh just started twitching a bit.

Isn't this a standard condition of primitives, the foggy mind and twitching muscles?

If I were a primitive, I wouldn't be too worried about it, as it's normal for a primitive.

Uben  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-28-09 07:44 AM
Response to Original message

3. You have PTDM

That stands for "Posting Too Damned Much!" 447 posts in 17 days! What you need is to get away from the puter and get some exercise! Damn! That's almost thirty posts per day! No wonder you have twitches! It took me over four years to post that many.

Now we all know what ails Doug's ex-wife.

Well, at least one thing.

armyowalgreens  (450 posts)      Thu May-28-09 07:45 AM
Response to Reply #3

4. Just got out of school and the job search is not working out well.

I have a lot of free time on my hands.

Uben  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-28-09 07:50 AM
Response to Reply #4

8. Yeah. my daughter is in the same boat

She got her MBA last year and hasn't had much luck in finding a decent offer. The one's she gas gotten are all jobs that require extensive travel, and they aren't willing to pay enough to warrant that kind of headache.

TexasProgresive (1000+ posts)        Thu May-28-09 07:46 AM

6. Are you taking any Statins?

armyowalgreens  (450 posts)      Thu May-28-09 07:49 AM
Response to Reply #6

7. No. I was taking provigil though.

I stopped a couple months ago.

It's a stimulant and very similar to ritalin.

trotsky  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-28-09 07:51 AM

9. See a doctor.

DU is not the place to ask for medical advice.

Or any other sort of advice, for that matter.

independentpiney  (840 posts)      Thu May-28-09 08:21 AM

10. Yes, see a doctor

It may be nothing, or a Dr may not even be able to diagnose anything , but I had those symptoms off and on for a couple years before a) having a moderate stroke and b) being diagnosed with MS. Hopefully you've just been sitting at a keyboard too long.Better safe than sorry.

ayeshahaqqiqa  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-28-09 08:27 AM

11. Could be a number of things causing this

I'm thinking the symptoms are stress related. Sounds like a mineral imbalance to me, but the person to ask is a doctor who believes in checking out your biochemistry and doesn't simply dose you up with the latest drug. Meanwhile, get some rest, listen to soothing music, do Qi Gong or breathing practices. None of these things will make the symptoms worse, and they may help.

xchrom  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-28-09 09:53 AM

12. this thread should be locked

Yeah, I suspect the Walgreen's primitive is just an attention whore, nothing more.

SidDithers  (1000+ posts)        Thu May-28-09 10:11 AM

13. I've heard Vitamin D will help...

Edit: I don't mean to be glib. The real answer is that you shouldn't be seeking medical advice here. Hope you feel better.

OKIsItJustMe  (1000+ posts)     Thu May-28-09 10:48 AM

14. Should be: "My body is doing something it doesn't normally do. Should I be concerned?"

Answer: Yes! Of course you should be concerned.

It may be nothing. It may be something terribly serious.

Redbear   (1000+ posts)        Thu May-28-09 10:53 AM

15. Locking

Seeking medical advice.

The above should really read:

Redbear   (1000+ posts)        Thu May-28-09 10:53 AM

15. Locking

Being an attention whore.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: Walgreen's primitive seeking medical advice; gets locked
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »
armyowalgreens  (450 posts)      Thu May-28-09 07:45 AM
Response to Reply #3

4. Just got out of school and the job search is not working out well.

I have a lot of free time on my hands.

Yeah, I'm sure posting on the DUmp will better your luck.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 11:17:42 AM »
Response to Reply #4

She got her MBA last year and hasn't had much luck in finding a decent offer. The one's she gas gotten are all jobs that require extensive travel, and they aren't willing to pay enough to warrant that kind of headache.

So your daughter has been offered chances to fly around and make business and employment contacts by companies, while performing necessary and college entry level jobs for them?  Your daughter is an idiot.  How do you think the world works?
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 11:18:03 AM »
Response to Reply #4

Words almost fail me on this one.  The Princess is gonna have to lower her sights a wee bit unless the DUmmie just likes having her underfoot for the rest of his life.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 11:20:01 AM »
So your daughter has been offered chances to fly around and make business and employment contacts by companies, while performing necessary and college entry level jobs for them?  Your daughter is an idiot.  How do you think the world works?

I wondered about that too.

Unless one is weighed down with an ill spouse or dependent, I think most--not all, but most--people would love a job requiring first-class travel, the chance to meet people.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 11:23:05 AM »
To be fair, I haven't had a lot of luck either and I'm a recent graduate with a stellar record, however I'm more entitled to that bitter pill since I didn't put the current failure in office that is sitting there right now. Walgreens dude, however, I'm sure diminished his chances when he poked the card, pulled the lever, or touched the screen for the anointed one. The point is, in this area, there isn't anything there, and I have children and another person's livlihood so I'm restricted to where I can apply geographically. I'm hoping just to get a foot in part time in hours where daycare is not a concern(since I can't afford it part time) so I can try to get some momentum going, but no luck..not even a call back to even get the shoe in and interview.

As for the symptoms, this is why national healthcare would be a failure. All the DU health fatalists who are sure they are having something major going on with every little ache, pain, and twitch. Bodies don't always function just perfectly, they can misfire a little without it being a major health crisis. Wow.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 11:32:49 AM »

Unless one is weighed down with an ill spouse or dependent, I think most--not all, but most--people would love a job requiring first-class travel, the chance to meet people.

After I earned my shot to work within the PM group, I went on a lot of trips.  I did a lot of handshaking with a lot of different folks.  I keep in contact with a lot of them via e-mail.  When I'm done stashing money away over here, I am walking right down my list of contacts.  I do not suspect I will be out of work long.  I am a known value to these people, some of them have already tried to hire me.

Liberals think they are entitled to something they are just not.  Instead of climbing the mountain, they demand it be bulldozed to an acceptable size.  It won't ever happen.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 11:42:44 AM »

Oh geeez - my son just graduated from college and he got a full-time job at the radio station he was working at part-time.  His line of work is more in doing the radio announcing, calling sports contests, and writing but they offered him a chance to sell ad time 75% of the time and he took it.  He's never really been interested in doing sales but he said he would be very willing to try it out. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 01:03:40 PM »
Oh geeez - my son just graduated from college and he got a full-time job at the radio station he was working at part-time.  His line of work is more in doing the radio announcing, calling sports contests, and writing but they offered him a chance to sell ad time 75% of the time and he took it.  He's never really been interested in doing sales but he said he would be very willing to try it out. 

Willingness to at least take a shot at it when someone extends an opportunity is 90% of professional success, he'll do well with that attitude even if he ultimately finds out sales is not his long suit.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 01:14:56 PM »
armyowalgreens  (450 posts)      Thu May-28-09 07:33 AM
Original message

Muscle twitches and a feeling of "being out of it". Should I be concerned?

I can't seem to find a lot of info on the internet about my symptoms.

Basically my left upper arm won't stop twitching. It's been spasming for several hours now. My right calf and both my lower arms have a dull pain in the muscle. My right hand also twitched for several minutes last night.

Now I feel like my mind is in a fog.

There hasn't been anything severe enough to affect my motor skills. But I'm a little worried.

Suggestions? Should I go to the ER?

On edit: My right thigh just started twitching a bit.

What is wrong with the DUmp? A DUmmy has physical symptoms, and no one is giving advice on balancing chakras, or acupuncture, or herbal therapy, or chiropractic, or aromatherapy, or any of the other usual DUmp quackeries? Where have all the shamans gone?

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 01:16:17 PM »

exactly.

oh and wally primitive... eat something and go to sleep for a while. You'll feel better, I get web addicted some days too.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 01:27:59 PM »
Willingness to at least take a shot at it when someone extends an opportunity is 90% of professional success, he'll do well with that attitude even if he ultimately finds out sales is not his long suit.

Finding an extended opportunity is part of the problem right now unfortunately.

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »
GOBUCKS:  You missed it:

listen to soothing music, do Qi Gong or breathing practices.]

I get so sick of MBA's who think they deserve a 6 figure income right out of the box because of those stupid three letters.  Nobody's that impressed with you.  Newsflash to Uben's daughter:  Business careers require travel, genius.  

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 01:45:03 PM »
GOBUCKS:  You missed it:

I get so sick of MBA's who think they deserve a 6 figure income right out of the box because of those stupid three letters.  Nobody's that impressed with you.  Newsflash to Uben's daughter:  Business careers require travel, genius.  

Not necessarily. Depends what your job is and what your responsibilities are. I speak from my own experience obviously and before I had children, and my estranged husb who still maintains a very lengthy career in business. I've actually never traveled on business that I recall and he has traveled in a limited capacity when the travel budgets were more open. I'm quite frankly surprised she is finding companies willing to subsidize such things when so many are cutting back on travel budgets. Actually might be a good time to take up on something like that while the travel might be substantially lighter compared to better economic times. Will get her her experience in that while it's less of a burden to her. But ultimately, yeah, you have to put the crap work in up front before you get the better job you have the eye on.

Now, if it is required in her expertise, then she's an idiot for not taking it. If i were without the parenting responsibilities I have now, I'd be looking out of my geographic area and for opportunities that required things like travel. I've done my fair share of moving over the  years to pursue job opportunities. Really sucks I can't do that now and I know it hinders my job efforts. This young lady needs to broaden the horizons, especially facing this kind of economy. I envy her ability to be able to be wide open to any opportunity. Shame she doesn't see how lucky she is right now. *sigh*

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 02:24:20 PM »
Well, Jetty, sometimes we limit our own career opportunities due to family or other considerations that we deem more important, I have certainly done that myself.  Setting geographical or other limits will drasically reduce the chances of getting in the door to ever be exposed to opportunities for advancement, and no doubt I'd be wealthier if I had chose differently, but the other five members of my family would have been paying most of the price for it.  I'm satisfied that mostly I chose the better path for them and me at those particular points.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 05:12:33 PM »
Well, Jetty, sometimes we limit our own career opportunities due to family or other considerations that we deem more important, I have certainly done that myself.  Setting geographical or other limits will drasically reduce the chances of getting in the door to ever be exposed to opportunities for advancement, and no doubt I'd be wealthier if I had chose differently, but the other five members of my family would have been paying most of the price for it.  I'm satisfied that mostly I chose the better path for them and me at those particular points.

Ya know something, DAT?  H5 for that.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 05:32:16 PM »

:cheersmate:

My father did the same thing, family came first.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 07:16:03 PM »
Whoa, was my point ever misunderstood.  :banghead:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 07:23:29 PM »

It happens.

Don't sweat it.

You're wonderful.

Carry on, madam.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 07:31:34 PM »
It happens.

Don't sweat it.

You're wonderful.

Carry on, madam.

Thank you, sir. It is just frustrating to be misunderstood, considering I share the opinion of those in the latter part of this thread in regards to family responsibilities and obligations. I think it's my own fault since I didn't quote the original DU post I was referring to. I get so excited by the primitives and their willful ignorance that I just start typing and tapping away, perhaps hoping in futility that one will have a real moment of tolerance and come to this board and read the response(I know, I'm far too optimistic, but I leaned left once so i always carry hope that there are others like me who long for truth and consistency in their views and just haven't had their light bulb moment yet).

I'll do better with quoting so the response flows better with regards to the original post.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 07:37:12 PM »
Thank you, sir. It is just frustrating to be misunderstood, considering I share the opinion of those in the latter part of this thread in regards to family responsibilities and obligations. I think it's my own fault since I didn't quote the original DU post I was referring to. I get so excited by the primitives and their willful ignorance that I just start typing and tapping away, perhaps hoping in futility that one will have a real moment of tolerance and come to this board and read the response(I know, I'm far too optimistic, but I leaned left once so i always carry hope that there are others like me who long for truth and consistency in their views and just haven't had their light bulb moment yet).

I'll do better with quoting so the response flows better with regards to the original post.

Ah, angel, madam, just don't sweat it.

Everybody here has been misunderstood at one time or another; it's most usually due to that one reads the computer screen faster than one reads, for example, a newspaper or a book, and skips something.

In fact, I rather suspect the primitives lurking here, if their reading abilities are above words of more than four letters, read us more carefully than we do ourselves.

We all know where your heart and brain are, and that's good enough.

If I were you, I'd just continue to post in the way which you feel most comfortable, and if someone misunderstands, well, his problem not yours.

You do good.  You do great.  You do remarkable.  I always look forward to you.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 07:57:16 PM »

My post was in agreement with DAT, and not in disagreement with anything you had said.

In fact, I took your post as to putting your family first, which does limit employment opportunities at times.

To me it seems like all three of us agree, (you, DAT & myself) but of course I could be wrong.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 07:58:14 PM »
Happy birthday, Rob; I've been looking for you all day.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 08:20:11 PM »
Happy birthday, Rob; I've been looking for you all day.

Thank you.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 02:52:26 AM »
Unfortunately travel, and other things that are unpleasant can sometimes be the bear you have to face in business. My hubby is 62, and for the last few yrs he had been able to stay home and work the phones and just travel to China and Mexico about twice a yr. Since the Obamanation election last yr, our business has been in the K-rapper, and he is now having to travel double time, just to keep things going as they should. The scary part is that things seem to be looking worse, instead of improving, and that means more and more driving, flying and eating lousey food. I wish I could do more of it for him, but I can't. Figures a DUmmy has a kid who thinks that traveling for work is a "headache" they aren't willing to do. I can totally understand not wanting to travel if you have family commitments. Who would? But it sounds like  DUmmy kid is young, so obviously just waiting for Obama to give them a handout so they can stay home until their dream job comes along.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.