Author Topic: Aide resigns over NY plane scare  (Read 2648 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Aide resigns over NY plane scare
« on: May 08, 2009, 04:25:58 PM »

A senior White House aide has quit over his role in presidential plane's low-level fly-past that caused panic among New York office workers.

A statement from the White House said President Barack Obama had accepted the resignation of military office director Louis Caldera.

The photo opportunity fly-past prompted the evacuation of number of offices.

The president has ordered a review to make sure such an incident is not repeated, the White House said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8041257.stm

Offline jinxmchue

Re: Aide resigns over NY plane scare
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 05:08:25 PM »
Another one thrown under the bus to protect the Magic Negro.

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 06:14:37 PM »
I'll gladly accept barack's resignation...waiting...waiting...
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 06:29:05 PM »
They released the photo of what 328,835 taxpayer dollars was wasted on.

I guess The Administration felt they had to do this because they are not well versed in photoshop-fu

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 07:53:02 PM by Attero Dominatus »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 07:08:00 PM »
I've seen better photoshops !  Nice they got Jersey in the background!

There's more on Hot Air....

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/08/the-357000-photo/

Offline 5412

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »

A senior White House aide has quit over his role in presidential plane's low-level fly-past that caused panic among New York office workers.

A statement from the White House said President Barack Obama had accepted the resignation of military office director Louis Caldera.

The photo opportunity fly-past prompted the evacuation of number of offices.

The president has ordered a review to make sure such an incident is not repeated, the White House said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8041257.stm

Hi,

This is significant to me.  Not the fact that he threw a guy under the bus; but rather it shows me just how sensitive BO is to criticism.  He showed no judgment at all, rather than take the responsibility himself and say he authorized the mission and now he wished he had a do over; instead he waffled and then created a fall guy.  I love it because as the criticism grows, he may find a lot of folks around him lose respect for him in the process.

On a personal basis, my first thought was what a A-hole BO is, like he must think the American public is stupid enough to believe he knew nothing about what was going on.  That is an insult!

This guy has no leadership experience and is quickly showing that he has no leadership ability.  Eventually, hopefully, the mainstream media will have to stop covering for him.  Make no mistake our enemies see this as just another sign of his weakness.

regards,

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 08:14:24 PM »
Add one more to the unemployment rolls courtesy of BO.  Now the poor bastard has to go look for another job because his boss is an arrogant, vain douchebag that wanted to have some pictures taken of "his" plane.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 10:21:34 PM »

On a personal basis, my first thought was what a A-hole BO is, like he must think the American public is stupid enough to believe he knew nothing about what was going on.  That is an insult!

Well, to be fair, the American public did elect him.  That whole stunt with he and Biden going out to a hamburger joint shows he's much more comfortable in campaign mode.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 10:46:13 PM »
Add one more to the unemployment rolls courtesy of BO.  Now the poor bastard has to go look for another job because his boss is an arrogant, vain douchebag that wanted to have some pictures taken of "his" plane.

No sympathy from me for Obamabots, indeed ANYBODY who is willing to work in any administration.

They go in knowing their time is limited and that they'll be doin' the duffle-bag drag outta the joint eventually.

Caldera's time simply came a little earlier than he anticipated.

If he was smart, he would've been renting.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline djones520

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 11:44:39 PM »
They released the photo of what 328,835 taxpayer dollars was wasted on.

I guess The Administration felt they had to do this because they are not well versed in photoshop-fu

750 jobs in my career field are getting cut.  I wonder how many of this this photo op would have saved.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 12:15:40 AM »
750 jobs in my career field are getting cut.  I wonder how many of this this photo op would have saved.

Considering that His Lordship seems bent on cutting them regardless of the cost/benefit analysis, probably none of 'em.

Face it, according to DHS, you're just another right-wing terrorist.  Count yourself lucky that you aren't being reassigned to a cell in Gitmo.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 12:54:55 AM »
  He showed no judgment at all, rather than take the responsibility himself and say he authorized the mission and now he wished he had a do over; instead he waffled and then created a fall guy. 
That's my take on this too. H5
Likely this guy had nothing to do with the photo op, but his resignation halts any further investigation into the incident.

Bottom line: Obama is a coward, his minions exist to please their master and take the fall for O's mistakes.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2009, 08:07:10 AM »
That's my take on this too. H5
Likely this guy had nothing to do with the photo op, but his resignation halts any further investigation into the incident.

Bottom line: Obama is a coward, his minions exist to please their master and take the fall for O's mistakes.

I think that O is just a willing,arrogant figurehead...he loves the luxury and also knows he is simply there because he is the untouchable black President that libs wanted to make any criticism of policy into something racist.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2009, 08:30:50 AM »
I'm still waiting for the manifest of the flight as well.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2009, 09:29:20 AM »
I would bet the aide was well paid to take the hit.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 12:35:26 PM »
I would bet the aide was well paid to take the hit.

That was my first thought when I heard Caldera had quit also.

I still don't understand, nor have I seen/heard any explanation of why this was done in the first place.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 01:49:47 PM »

That was my first thought when I heard Caldera had quit also.

I still don't understand, nor have I seen/heard any explanation of why this was done in the first place.

I think they were looking for a photo op - AF1 over the Statue of Liberty.

You'd think the morons would've heard of Photoshop.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 01:56:51 PM »
Attention successfully divirted from B. Hussein, so "whitehouse MISSION ACOMPLISHED", and they bought us off with a lie and a photograph, hoe perfect is that? :(

Offline statue of liberty

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 10:49:35 PM »
the statue of liberty airforce photo is fake  the real events of that day was a test of NYC's emergency readiness

you can why  and how to tell the photo is a fake at http://statuegate.wordpress.com/

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2009, 10:57:04 PM »
the statue of liberty airforce photo is fake  the real events of that day was a test of NYC's emergency readiness

you can why  and how to tell the photo is a fake at http://statuegate.wordpress.com/

Again, no.  And there was no need to start a thread over it, either.  The photo is more likely than not very real, because if you're claiming lack of a shadow makes it a fake, that dog won't hunt.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 01:21:55 AM »
More conspiridiocy theory Male Bovine Excrement

Bitch-slapped for being from the shallow end of the gene pool. Do everyone a favor and don't breed.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2009, 01:49:12 AM »
Bitch slap for the stupid.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 03:36:30 PM »

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 08:30:55 AM »

YAAFM.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...