Author Topic: primitives don't like lawn care companies  (Read 554 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives don't like lawn care companies
« on: May 06, 2009, 04:52:07 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5600830

Oh my.

The list of things the primitives don't don't like gets shorter and shorter.

HopeHoops  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-05-09 06:36 PM
Original message

An open letter to "lawn care" companies:

Dear so-called "lawn care" companies:

LEAVE MY LAWN THE **** ALONE!

I have children who play in the yard. They do not need to be exposed to your poisons.

I have dogs who play in the yard. They also do not need to be exposed to your poisons.

I have one of the only yards in the neighborhood with honey bees. I doubt this can be challenged as a coincidence. They aren't in any of the poisoned yards! It seems obvious why we have had problems with the hives - nerve agents freak them out. They get lost and die in isolation.

I have a garden and there are bees everywhere when the blossoms are out - I know of at least 30 different kinds. I didn't even know there WHERE that many kinds 20 years ago. The neighbors with poisoned lawns who have tried gardens have given up and reseeded the areas with grass. No bees = no fruit. They listened to you instead of reality. I grow a lot of my own food for my family and I need those bees. You kill the bees. Three years ago, my cherry tree didn't even produce a single fruit. Not one. Last year wasn't bad and I hope this year will be better. I blame you.

I have birds. I have rabbits, although those do tend to nibble at my garden parts, but at least I have them. The poisoned lawns do not.

I have bugs. I have slugs. I have toads. I have worms. I have beetles. I have a yard that is ALIVE! The poisoned lawns are not alive.

Oh, and I have dandylions! I have a SHITLOAD of dandylions! They are pretty! The poisoned lawns do not. They look like dead green carpets.

So keep your ****ING PESTICIDE INFESTED BOOTS OFF OF MY ****ING PROPERTY!!!!

"For more information in English, press 1"

**** YOU SCOTT'S, TRU GREEN, LAWN DOCTOR, and all of the other poison spreaders out there. Your job is a road straight to HELL!

I've got a 77 lb border collie and a loud but cowardly 17 lb sheltie that will give you what-not if you come around again! And don't make me sic our rabbit on you!

So there.

It's a superenormous bonfire.

SpiralHawk  (1000+ posts)     Tue May-05-09 06:41 PM
Response to Original message

2. Chemlawn changed their name a few years ago to something so freaking mindf*ckingly propagandisticaly 1984ish -- TruGreen.

PTOOOOey. Makes me want to Blow Chunks.

This is the Republicon Homelaner anti-Life Mindset in action.

I, like the OP Ranter HopeHoops or HoopHoper, or whatever, don't want no steenkin toxic chemicals on my lawn, or my planet for that matter.

One wonders if the primitive ever thinks about those "steenkin toxic chemicals," licit pharmaceuticals and illicit drugs, he consumes.  Same thing.

tabasco  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-05-09 07:54 PM
Response to Reply #11

15. That's right. Leftover of the Leave It To Beaver era when everybody had to have a perfect lawn.

More people are planting gardens and wildflower patches which looks a lot nicer than astrofurf-looking grass.

Mari333  (1000+ posts)        Tue May-05-09 08:12 PM
Response to Reply #15

18. Thats why I would rather eat worms then live in a gated community

I cannot even imagine anyone telling me what to do with my property. i wouldnt last a millisecond.

Hmmmm.  Apparently the above primitive doesn't want to neighbor with the kaput primitive, the affluent "kpete" primitive.

The grouchy old primitive:

NNN0LHI  (1000+ posts)      Tue May-05-09 09:20 PM
Response to Reply #20

33. The downturn in the economy will bring back the natural lawn no doubt

When someone gets in financial straights around here the lawn service is the first thing to go. Usually isn't too long after the dandelions start taking over someones yard the for sale sign goes up.

What downturn?  Didn't Pa Kettle in the White House already take care of it?

He's already had more than enough time.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME  (1000+ posts)        Wed May-06-09 02:32 PM
Response to Original message

66. Oh. My. God.

The operating one's obviously trying to imitate the Bostonian Drunkard's "style."
apres moi, le deluge