Author Topic: primitives bash Senator Ben Nelson (D-Nebraska)  (Read 612 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives bash Senator Ben Nelson (D-Nebraska)
« on: May 03, 2009, 01:41:05 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5582880

Oh my.

phantom power  (1000+ posts)        Sat May-02-09 02:44 PM
Original message

Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) opposes public health ins. "Would be too attractive"

Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Neb.) said Friday that he will oppose legislation that would give people the option of a public health insurance plan. The move puts him on the opposite side of two-thirds of Americans.

A poll released this week by Consumer Reports National Research Center showed that 66 percent of Americans back the creation of a public health plan that would compete with private plans. Nelson, in comments made to CQ, joins the 16 percent of poll respondents who said they oppose the plan.

Nelson's problem, he told CQ, is that the public plan would be too attractive and would hurt the private insurance plans. "At the end of the day, the public plan wins the game," Nelson said. Including a public option in a health plan, he said, was a "deal breaker."

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/president-nelson...

leftstreet  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-02-09 02:46 PM
Response to Original message

2. FFS! They're just coming right out and saying it

We, the Congress, are here to work against the rest of you.

Raksha  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-02-09 10:46 PM
Response to Reply #2

58. Yup, they're coming right out and saying it, which makes it a lot easier for the rest of us. We KNOW whose side they're on...and who's side they aren't on.

Enrique (1000+ posts)      Sat May-02-09 02:46 PM

3. capitalism at its finest

lumberjack_jeff  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-02-09 02:48 PM

5. The poor insurance companies would be exploited by the people I ostensibly work for.

drm604  (1000+ posts)        Sat May-02-09 02:49 PM

6. A Democrat yet!

So he's basically saying that he's more concerned about the health of the insurance companies than he is about the health of Americans.

CaliforniaPeggy  (1000+ posts)        Sat May-02-09 02:49 PM

7. It would hurt the private insurance plans?

Good! We want them removed from the scene!

He needs to go....

The Wizard  (1000+ posts)        Sun May-03-09 09:34 AM
Response to Reply #7

81. It would hurt the campaign contributions he gets from the insurance lobby. **** him and his campaign fund. He should change his name to Shyster.

glinda  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-02-09 02:50 PM

8. Pretty interesting that all these people are gloating publicly at us isn't it?

Yeah, it is; everybody loves to laugh at the primitives.

glinda  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-02-09 04:27 PM
Response to Reply #29

39. Yes. It makes sense. He has to GO! He is showing who he is really supporting. 

It is not us. And to think we thought it would be easier when Obama won. Not!

kristopher  (1000+ posts)        Sun May-03-09 12:23 AM
Response to Reply #12

63. It isn't complicated

From his bio:

Nelson enjoyed a successful career in insurance law. He has served as CEO of the Central National Insurance Group, as chief of staff and executive vice president of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, and as director of the Nebraska Department of Insurance.

lumberjack_jeff  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-02-09 02:52 PM

9. DU rules prohibit expression of my thoughts about Mr Nelson.

Ha ha.  And CC rules allow franksolich expression of his thoughts about Mr. Nelson.

demodonkey  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-02-09 03:01 PM
Response to Reply #9

16. But they don't prohibit your advocating for another Democrat to challenge him for his seat!

Maru Kitteh  (1000+ posts)        Sun May-03-09 01:43 PM
Response to Reply #46

107. It might not be that impossible in Nebraska. John Kleeb enjoys high name recognition here.

Many NE Democrats have feckin' sick of Nelson, so he might be able to challenge Nelson, and many Republicans like Kleeb very much in spite of the fact that he is definitely to the left of Nelson, which means he could win conceivably the seat as well.

This is s-o-o-o-o wrong on so many levels.

One doubts the primitive lives in Nebraska.

It's not "John Kleeb;" it's Scott Kleeb.

And Scott Kleeb, the failed Democrat candidate against current Congressman Adrian Smith (R-Nebraska) in 2006, and current Senator Michael Johanns (R-Nebraska), is definitely to the right of Nelson.

This primitive isn't from Nebraska.  DUmmies lie.  All the time, DUmmies lie.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Airwolf

Re: primitives bash Senator Ben Nelson (D-Nebraska)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 01:45:32 PM »
I don't agree with everythign Nelson hass done but he has been a far better person then that fat ass Kennedy or the President of the girl haters club, Barney Frank
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 01:47:17 PM »
I don't agree with everythign Nelson has done.....

Oh my yes; neither do I.

However, the more the primitives Hate him, the more mellow I get towards him.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 02:50:29 PM »
Oh my yes; neither do I.

However, the more the primitives Hate him, the more mellow I get towards him.

Ditto that!   :II:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 12:48:31 AM »
glinda  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-02-09 04:27 PM
Response to Reply #29

39. Yes. It makes sense. He has to GO! He is showing who he is really supporting. 

It is not us. And to think we thought it would be easier when Obama won. Not!

Glinda, the stupidly insane witch, thought things would be easier when Obama won, huh? Well, besides the great schadenfraude one gets, in her own words, NOT. Geez, these people want it all. Of course the fact that destroying an industry might just cause this little recession to last longer, doesn't seem to sink in, now does it?
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 02:38:10 AM »
. capitalism at its finest

:lmao:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 05:38:55 AM »
Glinda, the stupidly insane witch, thought things would be easier when Obama won, huh? Well, besides the great schadenfraude one gets, in her own words, NOT. Geez, these people want it all. Of course the fact that destroying an industry might just cause this little recession to last longer, doesn't seem to sink in, now does it?

Its the reflection of magical thinking - They felt that an emboldened majority would suddenly change its stripes and support everything that candidate Obama was pushing. Firstly, they still have free will, and secondly President Obama doesn't agree with everything that candidate Obama was pushing. The same is true with a 60 seat Senate majority. Many seem to think there is a magical Pokemon like transformation that occurs when that number is reached -- that the new Senate majority becomes something of a monolith. They will be disappointed once that pesky free will kicks in time and time again.