Author Topic: NFL Draft live thread  (Read 5467 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

NFL Draft live thread
« on: April 23, 2009, 06:39:53 PM »
Yeah, it's early but I wanted to give everyone (who want's to) a chance to thow out their own mock draft ahead of the main event. Mine will go up later tonight after I eat, lol.

Good luck, have fun! Whoever gets the most picks right is, uhh, very lucky. Oh, and be sure to check back Sunday night for the "(insert your team here)'s going to the superbowl after all their great draft/free agent moves they made!" time as that's tons of fun every year.

FOOTBALL!!!!!!
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline formerlurker

Re: NFL Draft live thread
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 07:59:59 PM »
WOOHOO!!!!  It's almost here!!!

No freakin idea how it is all going to go down.   Just about anything can and will happen.

:popcorn:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 08:41:38 PM »
OK here goes.... (feel free to mock my mock)

1. DET - Matthew Stafford
2. STL - Jason Smith
3. KC - Tyson Jackson
4. SEA - Michael Crabtree
5. CLE - Aaron Curry
6. CIN - Chris Wells
7. OAK - B.J. Raji
8. JAC - Mark Sanchez
9. GB - Eugene Monroe
10. SF - Andre Smith
11.BUF - Brian Orakpo
12. DEN - Malcolm Jenkins
13. WAS - Darrius Heyward-Bey
14. NO - Robert Ayers
15. HOU - Jeremy Maclin
16. SD - Michael Oher
17. NYJ - Knowshon Moreno
18. DEN - Josh Freeman
19. TB - Peria Jerry
20. DET - Brandon Pettigrew
21. PHI - Everette Brown
22. MIN - Vontae Davis
23. NE - Rey Maualuga
24. ATL - Clay Matthews
25. MIA - Larry English
26. BAL - Hakeem Nicks
27. IND - Evander Hood
28. BUF - Eben Britton
29. NYG - Percy Harvin (or trade to Cleveland for WR B. Edwards)
30. TEN - James Laurinaitis
31. ARI - Donald Brown
32. PIT - Max Unger

Countdown to NFL Draft
1 DAY 18 HRS 16 MIN 10 SEC
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 11:53:11 AM »
About 2 and 1/2 hours...
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 01:27:09 PM »
About 2 and 1/2 hours...

One of the office moonbats is currently in front of one of his three TVs, with his computer on a Bills' message board, and he's got something either in the microwave, or on order to eat . . .
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 01:31:54 PM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »
I can say without a doubt that Carolinas 1st round pick will not amount to anything this year
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 02:20:57 PM »
1 minute
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:56:23 PM by Odin's Hand »

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 02:55:13 PM »

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
One minute till the Seahawks are on the clock...  :-) :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 03:26:35 PM »
One minute till the Seahawks are on the clock...  :-) :-)

WR please. Maybe Crabtree?
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 03:28:26 PM »
Wow! I am surprised the Chiefs took Jackson. They need LB BAD.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 03:30:14 PM »

:-) :-) :-)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 03:31:53 PM »
Aaron Curry? Word...  :hyper:
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 03:34:14 PM »
Curry is relentless. He will be a good SLB in the league.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 03:35:50 PM »
Aaron Curry? Word...  :hyper:

I'd have liked Crabtree too but Mora is a D kind of guy. I should have guessed that in my mock, lol.

Browns are up, I wonder if they are going to trade with someone??

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 03:40:09 PM »
Sanchez will get lit up in the AFC East. I can't wait until Mr. Mexico is crying like a little bitch on the sidelines like his boyfriend Matt Leinart.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 03:41:13 PM »
Sanchez will get lit up in the AFC East. I can't wait until Mr. Mexico is crying like a little bitch on the sidelines like his boyfriend Matt Leinart.

:rotf:

I have yet to hear what the Jets gave up for that pick. (??)

Just heard. 3 Jets players (including a starting CB) plus the 1st and 2nd pick in the draft wow.

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 03:49:19 PM »
Well my mock is blown but none of you bastards put one up so there's that. (I win, lol)  :tongue:

As to my Hawks not getting Crabtree, well, it's a pretty deep WR class and a good one will be there at #37.

Here comes my second favorite team (Cincy). They grab an OT, that's cool. I kind of hoped for DT BJ. Oh well, protecting Palmer is a big deal.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 03:50:30 PM »
Crabtree to Raiders

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 03:51:48 PM »
Crabtree to Raiders

Too bad. I liked Crabtree, he's just fun to watch. But Oakland is where NFL careers go to die.  :uhsure:

- Ayn Rand

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 03:55:01 PM »
Wow!!

Oakland really blows. (now watch me have to eat those words, lol)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 03:55:38 PM »
Al Davis officially needs to be hauled away to the nuthouse. Del Rio will not make the same mistake.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 03:59:51 PM by Odin's Hand »

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 04:04:32 PM »
Stupid move by Jax. Crabtree will be on Pro Bowl rosterS during his career.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2009, 04:06:50 PM »
Stupid move by Jax. Crabtree will be on Pro Bowl rosterS during his career.

I agree. GB is up next and they have plenty of good WR's.

I can't belive someone is not moving up in a trade to grab the Crab.

- Ayn Rand

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2009, 04:14:28 PM »
looks to be a boring draft for Cowboy fans