Author Topic: NHL Playoffs!  (Read 11502 times)

Offline djones520

NHL Playoffs!
« on: April 15, 2009, 07:24:03 PM »
Anyone here but me care?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: NHL Playoffs!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:02:47 PM »
Our team missed the playoffs, so... no.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 10:09:35 PM »
I do, a tad, as the Canadiens were my team, until their fans booed the National Anthem in Montreal in '03.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 01:21:31 AM »
I do, since the local team won the Presidents Trophy this year  :-)
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 06:01:45 AM »
I'm kinda bummed that Detroit is playing Columbus in the first round.  It's the first time Columbus has made it to the play offs, so their going to be playing their assess off to not get sent home in the first round.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 06:17:06 PM »
I am since at least the Canucks made it. Unfortunately, the Stars (my other team) didn't. Slackers.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline djones520

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 06:35:49 PM »
Holy crap I wish I was in Detroit tonight.  This game is unbelievable.

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 06:21:34 AM »
I do, since the local team won the Presidents Trophy this year  :-)
Doesn't mean a whole lot actually...the playoffs are a second season! :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 06:25:11 AM »
I'm kinda bummed that Detroit is playing Columbus in the first round.  It's the first time Columbus has made it to the play offs, so their going to be playing their assess off to not get sent home in the first round.
You can play your ass off all you want but if you don't have the goaltending or the skill....well lets just say Columbus found out after the first period what they are up against! Unless The Red Wings beat themselves....i'm saying Wings in 5! :cheersmate:

Offline djones520

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 05:58:56 PM »
That first period was awesome though.  I was really hoping that Columbus could have kept that momentum up, just because it was so entertaining to watch.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »
Canucks whooped up on St. Louie last night.  :hyper:

Up 2-0. Keep it going.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

Offline djones520

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 03:39:07 PM »
Not sure on what to feel about St. Louis.  I live here now, so their kinda a home team, even though the only game I've been to was the one I went to see Detroit womp their ass on.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 07:55:00 AM »
Anyone here but me care?

I care, but given the fact my team (Ducks) are gonna get killed, not for long.

That being said, I HAVE considered buying a Bruins jersey if only because one of the players shares my last name.  Nice coinky-dink.  Then I looked at the price.  Maybe I'll wait to see if he's on the roster for next year.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline djones520

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »
I care, but given the fact my team (Ducks) are gonna get killed, not for long.

That being said, I HAVE considered buying a Bruins jersey if only because one of the players shares my last name.  Nice coinky-dink.  Then I looked at the price.  Maybe I'll wait to see if he's on the roster for next year.

I'm kind hoping Anaheim pulls an upset.  I wouldn't mind seeing the Sharks just dissapear first round.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 12:24:38 PM »
I don't have a favorite team but enjoy watching the playoffs. Boston put an @ss whipping on Montreal last night. They look unbeatable. 

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 11:20:12 PM »
Canucks sweep the Blues with an overtime win!

On to round two... against the Wings, more than likely.

:thumbs: :hyper:

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 06:16:08 AM »
Columbus is done! My beloved Wings put on another clinic last night! :thumbs:

Offline djones520

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 04:23:39 PM »
Yep, Vancouver against the Wings shortly enough.  Just gotta seal the deal with Columbus.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »
I'm kind hoping Anaheim pulls an upset.  I wouldn't mind seeing the Sharks just dissapear first round.

I bet all of the teams in the west are feeling the way you are. Anaheim's good....good enough to take down the Sharks? Don't think so but that's why they play the games. I think the Sharks will take it in 7.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 12:16:00 AM »
I bet all of the teams in the west are feeling the way you are. Anaheim's good....good enough to take down the Sharks? Don't think so but that's why they play the games. I think the Sharks will take it in 7.

Damn Straight.  Go Sharks!  :cheersmate:

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 12:58:35 AM »
Damn Straight.  Go Sharks!  :cheersmate:

I hope the Guppies choke...  :fuelfire:

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 02:20:21 AM »
I hope the Guppies choke...  :fuelfire:

Heh heh, I'll bet you do because if you get by the Wings (a big if right there) you'll probably be facing the Sharks.

Oh and if you could, take the series with the Wings for a full seven games please. A tired team facing the Sharks is what I'd like to see in the conference finals.  :-)

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 01:12:20 PM »
Heh heh, I'll bet you do because if you get by the Wings (a big if right there) you'll probably be facing the Sharks.

Oh and if you could, take the series with the Wings for a full seven games please. A tired team facing the Sharks is what I'd like to see in the conference finals.  :-)

Nah, we're going for a sweep of the Wings. (Hey, I can dream can't I?)

The Ducks are putting more of a fight than I thought they would though. Tonight should be interesting.

Offline djones520

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2009, 07:27:02 AM »
Well Vancouver, it be on.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2009, 11:17:54 AM »
Well Vancouver, it be on.

Well, after last nights performance by the Sharks, I doubt the Wings and Canucks will be playing in the 2nd round....yet another great season wasted by piss poor performance in the playoffs.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 11:20:17 AM by Zathras »