Author Topic: Lurking DUmmies: Only $50,000 to Italy?  (Read 1448 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Lurking DUmmies: Only $50,000 to Italy?
« on: April 06, 2009, 05:05:07 PM »

Cheapshit Dumbama

When the tsunami hit, we sent warships and helicopters loaded with aid, but you complained to high heaven that Bushitler wasn't doing enough.

Now Dumbama sends $50K to earthquake-ravaged Italy, and there is NOTHING about it on your precious little site. What gives?
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline Miss Mia

Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Lurking DUmmies: Only $50,000 to Italy?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 05:31:57 PM »
It seems that Libs believe in giving aid $$$ to our allies about as much as they believe in donating to charities in the states.

Berlusconi is Conservative and was a friend of President Bush.

He's giving them the "Kentucky Ice Storm Treatment"
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:44:55 PM »
We're giving Italy $50,000 for earthquake relief?!? Good grief, why bother?
Hey now!

$50,000 buys a lot of pasta fagiole!

They could have asked for more but Obama isn't exactly sure because he doesn't speak Roman.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 05:48:09 PM »
Hey now!

$50,000 buys a lot of pasta fagiole!

They could have asked for more but Obama isn't exactly sure because he doesn't speak Roman.

The US did offer search & rescue teams and it was declined. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 05:52:07 PM »
Yes, I posted a clipping in the BN forum that mentioned that.

Still, we toss money on the order of magnitudes higher than that for chinese condoms in the name of economic stimulus.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 05:53:12 PM »
Yes, I posted a clipping in the BN forum that mentioned that.

Still, we toss money on the order of magnitudes higher than that for chinese condoms in the name of economic stimulus.

I agree.  I'm wondering if this was just the initial infusion or if more help was declined. 
Stink Eye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »

I agree.  I'm wondering if this was just the initial infusion or if more help was declined. 
In all fairness I'm assuming:

A) Additional funds were declined

B) $50k was merely the start but the reporting cycle is ahead of additional offers of aid

But considering the Oval Office has been reduced to a gaffe chamber since 20 Jan 2009 one cannot help but wonder what the little rascal has embarrassed us with today.

However, if this were in ANY way intended to be a diplomatic comeuppance aimed at Berlusconi over his friendship with Bush and aid in Iraq at the expense of the Italian people the man is a dangerous demagogue...and anyone that voted for him should be embarrassed and vow to turn him out on his oversized ears come 2012...and no, I don't entirely put it past this crew. They are extremely political, conniving and petty.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 06:06:03 PM »

The US was supposed to essentially invade Thailand after the tsunami, if you recall. Nothing we did or offered was nearly enough, and in fact for a while there a cadre of DUmmies was sure we CAUSED the tsunami.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 06:12:47 PM »
     The US was supposed to essentially invade Thailand after the tsunami, if you recall. Nothing we did or offered was nearly enough, and in fact for a while there a cadre of DUmmies was sure we CAUSED the tsunami.

And honestly, while the earthquake in Italy is bad, it's not on the same level as what happened in Indonesia after the tsunami.  Also, the Italian earthquake isn't constantly on the news like the tsunami was, and DU is too busy arguing over military spending and guns.  *shrug*  I really don't care what they say or do over there. 
Stink Eye

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 06:45:25 PM »
OMG!!! Did everyone see this gem in a little fight on that thread???

rvablue  (1000+ posts)        Mon Apr-06-09 05:05 PM
Response to Reply #14
17. Uh huh. Show me one positive post you've made and I'll retract 
 my criticism.

And if you don't like anything about Obama or his administration maybe you should spend time elsewhere.

This is DEMOCRATIC UNDERGROUND, not "I'm always suspiscous of the federal government and want to complain about everything all the time."

:orly: :bwah:

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 06:51:18 PM »

And honestly, while the earthquake in Italy is bad, it's not on the same level as what happened in Indonesia after the tsunami.  Also, the Italian earthquake isn't constantly on the news like the tsunami was, and DU is too busy arguing over military spending and guns.  *shrug*  I really don't care what they say or do over there. 
I always defend people who I don't care what they say or do and then shrug.  *shrug*
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 07:54:11 PM »

DU was never too busy to pour shit on Bush for every single thing that ever went wrong in the world. This was a major earthquake, and had Bush been in office, it wouldn't matter to DU that Italy is a first-world country.

They're full of shit and hypocritical.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline djones520

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 08:01:54 PM »
This reply tickled me.

rvablue  (1000+ posts)        Mon Apr-06-09 09:02 PM
Response to Reply #8
15. I'd say the Obama administration has got this covered
 and if Italy needed more we'd be doing more for them. They are allies.

The nominal donation is so that RW nutjob reactionaries aren't going to go on the teevees and series of tubes and bitch and moan that the administration is ignoring our friends during their time of need.

It's a diplomatic niceity...something the Shrub knew nothing about ... as when he gave pittance to very poor countries when they were going through some horrible tragedies until public outrage forced them to do more.

Obama gave them the $50 grand just to keep the right wingers quiet?  Wow...  the level of retardeness in that is just beyond belief.  And then going on talking about how Bush had no clue about being diplomatic.  Never mind the $350 million we gave for the Tsunami.   :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 08:05:19 PM »
This reply tickled me.

Obama gave them the $50 grand just to keep the right wingers quiet?  Wow...  the level of retardeness in that is just beyond belief.  And then going on talking about how Bush had no clue about being diplomatic.  Never mind the $350 million we gave for the Tsunami.   :whatever:

They invent new history every moment.

Offline djones520

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »
US Foreign Aid DOUBLED under the Bush Administration.  What the **** is wrong with these idiots?   :whatever:
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 08:17:06 PM »
OMG!!! Did everyone see this gem in a little fight on that thread???

:orly: :bwah:
ha ha ha ha ha...
SemiCharmedQuark  (1000+ posts)        Mon Apr-06-09 06:52 PM
Response to Reply #22
30. This thread gets the Sad Trombone:

http://www.sadtrombone.com/ 
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 08:22:23 PM »
It's a diplomatic niceity...something the Shrub knew nothing about ... as when he gave pittance to very poor countries when they were going through some horrible tragedies until public outrage forced them to do more.

WTF?  Bush increased spending to most of the poorest countries during his administration. Even black leaders credited him with the money given to Africa, when the UN only talked about helping them.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 08:23:30 PM »
     DU was never too busy to pour shit on Bush for every single thing that ever went wrong in the world. This was a major earthquake, and had Bush been in office, it wouldn't matter to DU that Italy is a first-world country.

They're full of shit and hypocritical.

It's nothing new, of course they are. 
Stink Eye

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 11:54:45 PM »
Ya spose we could hold a convention for these pukes? I mean, you know how they promise to give away a cruise or a wide screen TV and catch felons with warrants out?

Maybe we could do the same thing, only in a Colosseum or sump'in. Once we got them all in one place we could feed them the truth thru the loudspeakers and kill them with the facts!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 11:29:49 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ya spose we could hold a convention for these pukes? I mean, you know how they promise to give away a cruise or a wide screen TV and catch felons with warrants out?

Maybe we could do the same thing, only in a Colosseum or sump'in. Once we got them all in one place we could feed them the truth thru the loudspeakers and kill them.

There, fixed it for you.
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »
The Big Zero was too busy shoving his head up a Shieks ass.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 09:46:28 AM »
My avatar is coming too close to reality........
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.