Author Topic: It's the AL ongoing thread! will it be the angels and the bosox in the ALCS?  (Read 17863 times)

Offline formerlurker

Oh yeah, about those Broncos --  :evillaugh:

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Oh yeah, about those Broncos --  :evillaugh:

I don't see Marcia Brady exactly running it up either.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

I don't see Marcia Brady exactly running it up either.

He's kicking your boys ass in your crib, and your special teams coach SUCKS.     McDaniels had a nice temper tantrum on the sideline there.   NEVER did that happen in New England.     

When the adults are away, the children will play. 

Offline formerlurker

As soon as I post, Denver gets back in the game.

:popcorn:

Offline NHSparky

I'm surprised the Globe isn't reporting the mass suicides going on this morning.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

BTW, Lurker--I didn't see this until someone mentioned it to me.  It's just as well I hadn't... :censored: :censored:

LINK TO VIDEO

For those who don't have video or would like a little more background, Dave Henderson was the guy who hit off Donnie Moore in the 1986 ALCS to send the Sox to the WS.  The Angels were one strike away from winning the game (and the series) at that point.  But they won that game and then won Games 6 and 7 in Boston.  But Dave wanted to recreate 1986 and did his little dance off the mound and point at (I say TAUNT) the Angels bullpen on Sunday.

From the original article on MLB.com:

Following a toss to Red Sox pitcher Manny Delcarmen at home plate on Sunday, which was met with thunderous applause, Henderson repeated his trademark leap before playfully pointing toward the Angels' dugout.

Real ****in classy, guys.  Any respect I ever had for the SUX just evaporated.  Classless whiny little bitchass losers.  Enjoy your trip back to the cellar.

Offline formerlurker

BTW, Lurker--I didn't see this until someone mentioned it to me.  It's just as well I hadn't... :censored: :censored:

LINK TO VIDEO

For those who don't have video or would like a little more background, Dave Henderson was the guy who hit off Donnie Moore in the 1986 ALCS to send the Sox to the WS.  The Angels were one strike away from winning the game (and the series) at that point.  But they won that game and then won Games 6 and 7 in Boston.  But Dave wanted to recreate 1986 and did his little dance off the mound and point at (I say TAUNT) the Angels bullpen on Sunday.

From the original article on MLB.com:

Real ****** classy, guys.  Any respect I ever had for the SUX just evaporated.  Classless whiny little bitchass losers.  Enjoy your trip back to the cellar.

:lmao:

:rotf:

OMG are you a freakin baby.

Offline formerlurker

Angels suck.

Yankees, Dodgers in WS with Torre exacting his revenge against Georgie with the win.   

Offline NHSparky

Angels suck.

Yankees, Dodgers in WS with Torre exacting his revenge against Georgie with the win.   

Pfft.  Not likely.  And you're still pissed cause 1--you're not there, 2--you got SWEPT in the process.  Don't think you would have had any better luck against the Yanks.  Not with your batting, not with your bullpen, and not with your fat, slow, old, injured rotation.

Lemme say that again--SWEPT.  Yeah, that word DOES have a nice ring to it.  Get used to hearing that word used against you in the future.  And Theo the Spreadsheet Bitch is gonna have a nice little problem facing him this offseason.  Not only did he screw himself vis-a-vis Jason Bay, he has other issues facing him, like Lowell, Papi, and Papelbon. 

The Sox aren't another year better in 2010, just another year older.

Oh, and don't tell me for one ****ing second that if the Angels had done something classless like that in Anaheim to the Sox that Red Sucks Nation wouldn't be beating their chests and howling like the bunch of retarded gorillas they are.  But then again, the Angels are a class organization, so we'll never have to worry about that, now will we?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Angels suck.

Gotta back Sparky here--the Angels are playing in at least two more games.  The Sox are watching those games.

Game, set, and match to the Angels.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

Uh, I called the Red Sox midseason.  I knew they weren't long for the postseason, so really not even thinking about it.

The Angels FINALLY make it past the first round and they are getting their asses handed to them by the Yankees.   Seriously, I could give a flying frack they lasted two games.   They will be SWEPT in two more games, which is typical choking Angels.

As for Henderson?   give me a break already.   :whatever:

Offline NHSparky

As for Henderson?   give me a break already.   :whatever:

Fine.  Next time the Sox are in Anaheim, we'll have Jack Hamilton throw out the first pitch and dance around when the Conigliaro cutout gets nailed in the eye again, and Jack will then point at the Boston dugout and laugh his ass off.

That sound fair to you?

Offline formerlurker

Fine.  Next time the Sox are in Anaheim, we'll have Jack Hamilton throw out the first pitch and dance around when the Conigliaro cutout gets nailed in the eye again, and Jack will then point at the Boston dugout and laugh his ass off.

That sound fair to you?

HAHAHAHA -- if there weren't more Sox fans at your games than Angel fans then it would be funny actually..... listening to the booing that is........     :evillaugh:

Offline NHSparky

HAHAHAHA -- if there weren't more Sox fans at your games than Angel fans then it would be funny actually..... listening to the booing that is........     :evillaugh:

Try going to one of YOUR OWN GAMES before you start to pull crap about more Sox fans than Angels fans in Anaheim...and for the record, you're so full of crap on that one your eyes are brown.

Offline NHSparky

It's amazing--beat down a Boston fan, and they come back for more.  So far this year, the Angels have knocked out the Sox, the Ducks bitchslapped the Bruins (then again, so has everyone else), and my beloved Donks showed how shallow the Pats really are.  Now all we need is the Lakers (once again) dominating the Celtics, and the universe will be restored to normal.

Offline formerlurker

It's amazing--beat down a Boston fan, and they come back for more.  So far this year, the Angels have knocked out the Sox, the Ducks bitchslapped the Bruins (then again, so has everyone else), and my beloved Donks showed how shallow the Pats really are.  Now all we need is the Lakers (once again) dominating the Celtics, and the universe will be restored to normal.

:whatever:

The Sox knocked themselves out.   Of course, the Yankees are now showing how "shallow" the Angels are, and without the total bullshit taunting call (we all know how sensitive you are to taunting), the Pats would have won that game.     

Offline formerlurker

Try going to one of YOUR OWN GAMES before you start to pull crap about more Sox fans than Angels fans in Anaheim...and for the record, you're so full of crap on that one your eyes are brown.

Um, sold out.  Every game.    I have three boys on the autism spectrum Sparky.   Attending games is a luxury of time I wish I could claim.   

Offline NHSparky

:whatever:

The Sox knocked themselves out.   Of course, the Yankees are now showing how "shallow" the Angels are, and without the total bullshit taunting call (we all know how sensitive you are to taunting), the Pats would have won that game.     

Tell me, oh enlightened one, how much better would the Sux have fared?  They certainly wouldn't have gone to extras last night.

Offline formerlurker

Tell me, oh enlightened one, how much better would the Sux have fared?  They certainly wouldn't have gone to extras last night.

Homerun derby park and your lineup can't do shat for shit?  Come on.    The Sox are doing nothing this year, and from the rumblings from Theo the wonderboy it looks like he is turning to young players -- no big name signings this off season.   Not expecting much next year either.

The Yankees on the other hand... come on, they aren't that good.  Your Angels need to pull three wins out of their ass at home.   Remember when you used to beat them at will?   Channel that now please.   

Offline NHSparky

Homerun derby park and your lineup can't do shat for shit?  Come on.    The Sox are doing nothing this year, and from the rumblings from Theo the wonderboy it looks like he is turning to young players -- no big name signings this off season.   Not expecting much next year either.

The Yankees on the other hand... come on, they aren't that good.  Your Angels need to pull three wins out of their ass at home.   Remember when you used to beat them at will?   Channel that now please.   

Funny, I don't see you saying you would have won a series against the Yanks.  Pray tell, why?

And yeah, I want the Angels to win.  Deep down inside, so do you.

Offline formerlurker

Funny, I don't see you saying you would have won a series against the Yanks.  Pray tell, why?

Uh, didn't I mention WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back midseason that the Red Sox are doing nothing this year?   

And yeah, I want the Angels to win.  Deep down inside, so do you.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Yankees win ONLY if the Dodgers had won,  now it really doesn't matter either way. 

Phils need a repeat here.   

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Uh, didn't I mention WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back midseason that the Red Sox are doing nothing this year?   

I wouldn't mind seeing the Yankees win ONLY if the Dodgers had won,  now it really doesn't matter either way. 

Phils need a repeat here.   

No, they don't.  If the Yankees win, more than likely Johnny Damon will have had something to do with it.  With the revelation by an ESPN reporter that Matt Holliday's top two destinations to play for next year are the Yankees and Mets (in that order), resigning Damon would put that position out of Holliday's reach, or so I hope.  So, he'd be more likely to come to CitiField, even with his reservations about Citi's outfield dimensions.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

No, they don't.  If the Yankees win, more than likely Johnny Damon will have had something to do with it.  With the revelation by an ESPN reporter that Matt Holliday's top two destinations to play for next year are the Yankees and Mets (in that order), resigning Damon would put that position out of Holliday's reach, or so I hope.  So, he'd be more likely to come to CitiField, even with his reservations about Citi's outfield dimensions.

:lmao:

The Yankees are stupid my friend, but not THAT stupid to resign Johnny the rockstar.  My money is on the Yankees singing Holliday or Bay (cause Theo the wonderboy will blow resigning Bay in a big way).

Offline NHSparky

Wadyya mean, "WILL?"  He already did by not signing him in June.

And you've got more holes than solutions, Sux Nation.  Better get used to being part of the pack again.

Offline blitzkrieg_17

• The harder they come, the harder they fall
SIX runs? The Angels bullpen BLOWS. Arggh.
Caught somewhere in time