Author Topic: "The Question that Flummoxed the Great Orator" (Guardian/UK)  (Read 2282 times)

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
"The Question that Flummoxed the Great Orator" (Guardian/UK)
« on: April 03, 2009, 07:42:44 PM »
A little Baracky humor from across the pond  :cheersmate:

The question that flummoxed the great orator

John Crace The Guardian, Friday 3 April 2009 Article historyBarack Obama, the World's Greatest Orator (â„¢all news organisations), didn't exactly cover himself in glory when the BBC's political editor Nick Robinson asked him a question about who was to blame for the financial crisis. Normally word perfect, Obama ummed, ahed and waffled for the best part of two and a half minutes. Here, John Crace decodes what he was really thinking ...

Nick Robinson: "A question for you both, if I may. The prime minister has repeatedly blamed the United States of America for causing this crisis. France and Germany both blame Britain and America for causing this crisis. Who is right? And isn't the debate about that at the heart of the debate about what to do now?" Brown immediately swivels to leave Obama in pole position.

There is a four-second delay before Obama starts speaking [THANKS FOR NOTHING, GORDY BABY. REMIND ME TO HANG YOU OUT TO DRY ONE DAY.]

Barack Obama: "I, I, would say that, er ... pause [I HAVEN'T A CLUE] ... if you look at ... pause [WHO IS THIS NICK ROBINSON JERK?] ... the, the sources of this crisis ... pause [JUST KEEP GOING, BUDDY] ... the United States certainly has some accounting to do with respect to . . . pause [I'M IN WAY TOO DEEP HERE] ... a regulatory system that was inadequate to the massive changes that have taken place in the global financial system ... pause, close eyes [THIS IS GOING TO GO DOWN LIKE A CROCK OF SHIT BACK HOME. HELP]. I think what is also true is that ... pause [I WANT NICK ROBINSON TO DISAPPEAR] ... here in Great Britain ... pause [SHIT, GORDY'S THE HOST, DON'T LAND HIM IN IT] ... here in continental Europe ... pause [DAMN IT, BLAME EVERYONE.] ... around the world. We were seeing the same mismatch between the regulatory regimes that were in place and er ... pause [I'VE LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT AGAIN] ... the highly integrated, er, global capital markets that have emerged ... pause [I'M REALLY WINGING IT NOW]. So at this point, I'm less interested in ... pause [YOU] ... identifying blame than fixing the problem. I think we've taken some very aggressive steps in the United States to do so, not just responding to the immediate crisis, ensuring banks are adequately capitalised, er, dealing with the enormous, er ... pause [WHY DIDN'T I QUIT WHILE I WAS AHEAD?] ... drop-off in demand and contraction that has taken place. More importantly, for the long term, making sure that we've got a set of, er, er, regulations that are up to the task, er, and that includes, er, a number that will be discussed at this summit. I think there's a lot of convergence between all the parties involved about the need, for example, to focus not on the legal form that a particular financial product takes or the institution it emerges from, but rather what's the risk involved, what's the function of this product and how do we regulate that adequately, much more effective coordination, er, between countries so we can, er, anticipate the risks that are involved there. Dealing with the, er, problem of derivatives markets, making sure we have set up systems, er, that can reduce some of the risks there. So, I actually think ... pause [FANTASTIC. I'VE LOST EVERYONE, INCLUDING MYSELF] ... there's enormous consensus that has emerged in terms of what we need to do now and, er ... pause [I'M OUTTA HERE. TIME FOR THE USUAL CLOSING BOLLOCKS] ... I'm a great believer in looking forwards than looking backwards.
    :rotf:

Source:http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/03/g20-barack-obama-nick-robinson-question

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: "The Question that Flummoxed the Great Orator" (Guardian/UK)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »
Priceless :-) TOTUS FAIL.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Jim

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 08:09:37 PM »
where was Mr Teleprompter ?
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 08:29:14 PM »
I guess someone forgot to tell Obummer that Europe runs on 240 volt power versus our 120.

That and they forgot to bring the right adapters.  Aw, damn it all to hell.

SHOULD LOOKED HERE FIRST, BARACK!!!
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 08:49:29 PM »
 :lmao:  they got him pegged.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 10:29:46 PM »
I guess someone forgot to tell Obummer that Europe runs on 240 volt power versus our 120.

That and they forgot to bring the right adapters.  Aw, damn it all to hell.

SHOULD LOOKED HERE FIRST, BARACK!!!

If they had asked the Protocol Office first, someone might have thought of this...

Offline seabelle

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 10:43:22 PM »
There is no POTUS without TOTUS ....

Did you guys know his teleprompter has a blog!?

http://baracksteleprompter.blogspot.com/ :muahaha:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 12:39:20 AM »
If they had asked the Protocol Office first, someone might have thought of this...

If Obama had KNOWN there was a Protocol Office, then he might have thought of it...

FROM NEWSWEEK, NO LESS!!!

Apparently it was a rookie mistake. According to a person close to the situation, Obama hasn't yet appointed a chief of protocol and his staffers, still unpacking, didn't realize that the State Department has an entire office dedicated to foreign visits.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline djones520

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 09:41:30 AM »
Apparently it was a rookie mistake. According to a person close to the situation, Obama hasn't yet appointed a chief of protocol and his staffers, still unpacking, didn't realize that the State Department has an entire office dedicated to foreign visits.

Someone wanna bet Hillary is in for an ass chewing?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline seabelle

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 09:46:23 AM »
Hot Air has the video up:

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/04/obamateurism-of-the-day-13/

Now you can read along with The Great Orator (tm).

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 10:02:22 AM »
Someone wanna bet Hillary is in for an ass chewing?

You kiddin me?  She's probably laughing her ass off so hard her cankles are shaking.

Offline djones520

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 10:57:13 AM »
You kiddin me?  She's probably laughing her ass off so hard her cankles are shaking.

Oh I don't doubt it one bit.  No doubt in my mind she "forgot" to inform Obama about this.  But now that the cat is out of the bag, you know he's gonna want retribution for this.  Chicago politician, remember.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Dragon

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 06:00:54 PM »
Oh I don't doubt it one bit.  No doubt in my mind she "forgot" to inform Obama about this.  But now that the cat is out of the bag, you know he's gonna want retribution for this.  Chicago politician, remember.

Isn't Hillgirl from Chicago?
Look at what happened to those who picked on her in Arkansas.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 06:32:56 PM »
where was Mr Teleprompter ?
In the presidential library, getting orated by a sweet, young video iPod he met recently.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."