Author Topic: latest update from the gigantic primitive; misses birthday dinner  (Read 4504 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=337x4178

The gigantic primitive, now the systematically chaotic primitive, was formerly known as the "Gentle Giant" primitive, the card-shark in Last Vegas who sat at the table all day, dealing out cards and scarfing down enough food and drink to more than satiate an elephant.

The incredible bulk varies between 520 and 480 pounds.

Systematic Chaos  (1000+ posts)      Mon Mar-02-09 08:32 PM
Original message

This GD post about sums up my day today:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Hopefully, it can only get better from here.

I'll post again tomorrow when I get back from the doctor, assuming I make it at all.

I dunno what the linked bonfire's about, but am too blase to check.

auntAgonist (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-03-09 12:50 PM
Response to Original message

1. You have so much strength

Kirk, I don't know how I would handle all that you are going through. I followed both your threads.

Systematic Chaos  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-18-09 06:02 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. I've just been through a couple of whirlwind busy weeks.

I'm really sorry I didn't get back to you on this sooner, but before I start a new thread sometime in the next few days I thought I'd at least stop in to let you know that, for the first time in wa-a-a-a-ay too long, some good things have been happening with us.

First and foremost my disability has been approved, and while the monthly amounts barely top the equivalent of a minimum wage job, the stress which has been lifted off our shoulders has caused a night-and-day change in our collective outlook. We can cover the basics now, as well as some of these dreaded co-pays, and still have money left over to live just a little here and there and treat ourselves to some fun things that we enjoy like our EverQuest 2 subscriptions and Netflix.

Additionally, I'm now with a new wound care team (mainly because, as I have said before here, while my old doctors were mostly great the hospital they were associated with is one of the shittiest in town and I made up my mind I'd die before I went back), and the new wound doctor was far less pessimistic about the condition of my left foot than my primary doctor was.

I still have some awfully ugly toes and all, yes, but immediately under the bad tissue is the sort of shade of red we need to see. It's just a matter of getting the weight loss ball rolling again and decreasing the overall stress on my system, and then I still have an excellent chance of healing up on my own.

I'm still hovering just a pinch above my low from late last year of 480; I was right around 482-483 a couple days ago. My 40th birthday, which I was kind of dreading - midlife crisis and all which never really took root since honestly, I have a lot more reasons to be happy now than I ever did at 30 or even 20 - has come and gone and I'm still the same old fun guy with the crazy sense of humor.

My shoulder pain continues to be a very serious and debilitating problem, but I'm doing all I can to try and "dig deep" and not let it get the better of me. Otherwise, I'm doing everything I can to keep my spirits up and have faith in myself and my ability to overcome.

justgamma  (1000+ posts)      Wed Mar-18-09 12:39 PM
Response to Reply #2

3. Thanks for posting, SC.

I was starting to get worried about you. I was looking in the lounge to see if you had posted anything lately. (That is one scary place sometimes)

Your new doctor sounds good if he is optimistic about your wounds.

Getting the disability must be a great relief.

You can do it! You just stay the same fun loving guy and I know you can do it. Attitude is everything. With all you are going through, I've marveled at the way you keep up your determination.

supernova  (1000+ posts)        Thu Mar-19-09 09:41 AM
Response to Reply #2

4. So glad things are looking up for you two

That's really good that with all the setbacks you've had, you've essentially kept off the weight that you lost. 

I'm sure once you feel like moving more (thank you spring/summer!) it will get even easier.

The gigantic primitive, as we know from other times, doesn't like the taxpayer-paid limousine service provided him:

Systematic Chaos  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-19-09 11:57 PM
Response to Original message

5. And so it happens again! (Paratransit rant #2)

Ah, yes. My 40th birthday. Everybody only gets one of those and historically speaking once you've had yours, your days of youth are over and it's on to middle age.

Hey, I don't mind... at least not until Paratransit comes along, yet again, to completely and totally **** up a dinner Jeanette and I had planned for weeks ahead of time.

To make a long story short, due to the ridiculous way the driver's manifest was arranged, we finally ordered the driver to take us home rather than to the restaurant after being nearly two and a half hours non-stop on his bus, and he still was nowhere near the neighborhood across town where the place was.

When we finally got back home it was 7:50 in the evening, and our ride home at the restaurant was set for 8:34. Mind you, we were picked up just a few minutes after 5:00! I don't believe he would have made it to the restaurant by 8:34... or if he did we might have had 10 minutes to walk in and take a deep whiff of the smells of what we wouldn't be eating tonight before jumping on another bus to get home who knows when...?

What sucks about this the most is that when Jeanette called these dipshits up and arranged the rides, she plainly stated that we wanted to be at the restaurant by 6:00. We expected to have over two hours to sit and eat and enjoy a couple margaritas. But noooooo. And then the driver was asking if we wanted to reschedule our ride home for a later time. As if I couldn't wait to see how badly they could **** that up as well.

We ordered pizza tonight. We'll sit home, play games on the computers or our XBox and just try to forget what happened tonight.

But seriously, how can this company be so consistently negligent and lax? They just raised all of the fares by a considerable amount due to when Diesel was running over $4.00 per gallon. Now it's back to around half that, so they can't be that strapped for cash. What? Did Bushit and "Big Dick" Cheney show up at the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada's main office and give a ****ing motivational speech?

Hell with my 40th birthday dinner... what about all the people who use this service for dialysis and other lifesaving medical treatments? I got off that bus shaking like a leaf from taking my blood sugar medications and then proceeding to be without any food or liquid for nearly three hours while being jounced around like a bingo ball in a hopper. How sick have other people gotten? I have to wonder how many people throw up or mess themselves from being trapped for hours just trying to get from point A to point B?

Do yourselves a favor, everyone. Stay the living **** out of Vegas for any reason! This town doesn't need your support or your tourism. I'd rather they just nuke it and start over about now.

I'm telling you, the same level of incompetence and bullshit that pervades this public transit system is in all walks of life in this city and why I didn't figure that out years ago is anybody's guess. Minneapolis and Phoenix both made infinitely more sense and were so much better arranged than this place. I'm gonna shut up now and quit going on about shit that doesn't matter.

Dinner will be here soon and Jeanette will be back with cold drinks. I just had to get this off my chest real quick while I was here alone.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: latest update from the gigantic primitive; misses birthday dinner
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 04:45:24 PM »
OH MY!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:15:08 PM »
I can only imagine this guy is severely diabetic and has developed peripheral neuropathy because he weighs three times what he should. Perhaps missing that birthday dinner was a blessing in disguise.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 06:54:13 PM »
The only good side to the nationalized obama care is that these types will be cut off.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 06:56:27 PM »
The only good side to the nationalized obama care is that these types will be cut off.

They'll have to be.

That's the nature of things, when one tries to match "resources" with "needs," and "needs" far outweigh the "resources."  Cuts have to be made.

Doesn't make me especially unhappy.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 08:45:27 PM »
Nothing makes feel quite so good as people who constantly bitch about the free stuff the rest of the tax payers give them.

Interesting how this turd tries to blame this on Bush and Cheney.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 10:00:08 PM »
They "ordered" the driver to take them home?  What does he think public transportation is?  A freaking limo service? 

Maybe if these people who receive taxpayer dollars for their living were a little more appreciative instead of complaining all the time, they might be treated better.  It seems like nothing is ever up to their high standards or good enough for them.  The hospital is bad, the doctor is bad, the wound care place is bad, blah, blah, blah - they ain't seen nothin' yet when it comes to bad health care as when we all receive Obamacare. 

And how nice that they can afford dinners out with a couple of margaritas, or if that doesn't work out to have pizza delivered to their home while they enjoy their leisurely evening of playing the X-Box or watching Netflix movies or playing on their computers.

It's not that my husband and I could not enjoy all those things if we wanted to, but we don't simply because we know we are going to be hit with bigger tax bills in the coming years because of people like Systematic Chaos.

I don't begrudge people who are on disability if they truly deserve it, but it's getting to the point where they will be living a better quality of life than those of us who actually work for a living to pay taxes to support them. 

:banghead:

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 10:12:57 PM »
I think it might just be cheaper to do a lipo, skin tuck, and stomach staple on this guy.  Definitely over any period of time it would be.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 10:15:40 PM »
It's just a matter of getting the weight loss ball rolling again

Everquest2 and Netflix will certainly help with that :mental:

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
So. This man who desperately needs to lose weight uses a paratransit service to go to a restaurant and down liquor but since the public bus service stunk so bad he went home played video games and ordered a stack of super-large pizza's with every topping they had?

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
It's just a matter of getting the weight loss ball rolling again

Everquest2 and Netflix will certainly help with that :mental:

Maybe he needs a Wii Fit instead of an X-Box.  But even with Wii Fit, there is a weight limit of 330 pounds. 

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 10:23:54 PM »

Maybe he needs a Wii Fit instead of an X-Box.  But even with Wii Fit, there is a weight limit of 330 pounds. 

one for each foot?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 11:17:25 PM »
You know, I've been reading the gigantic primitive for a long time now, through all of his ups and downs, and this guy is an ungrateful ass.

All he does is bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.....

The gigantic primitive never has a kind word to say about the physicians and nurses trying desperately to save his life, nor the other medical staff trying desperately to make him comfortable whenever he's in the hospital.

I'll bet he's never said "thank you" to a single one of them.

And then the nice guy who drives the gigantic primitive and his wife around, showing them the sights of Last Vegas; I'll bet the gigantic primitive's never tipped him.

Damn, this guy is just an insufferable ungrateful ass.

I'm starting to suspect the gigantic primitive entertains private fantasies--at his size, all he can do is fantasize--about being like one of those monolithic Polynesian kings reclining on a curtained platform borne on the shoulders of six or eight strong men, dining on whole pizzas and buckets of ice cream as they trot around.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Traveshamockery

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 12:14:05 AM »
Damn, this guy is just an insufferable ungrateful ass.

That is the understatement of the year. 

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 02:37:40 AM »
I'm starting to suspect the gigantic primitive entertains private fantasies--at his size, all he can do is fantasize--about being like one of those monolithic Polynesian kings reclining on a curtained platform borne on the shoulders of six or eight strong men, dining on whole pizzas and buckets of ice cream as they trot around.

I wonder how one even gets to that size.  I'll make two bets.  Number one, he takes no responsibility for his situation.  Number two, his mother and his wife have been huge enablers of his over eating, and lazy lifestyle.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline Karin

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 10:34:37 AM »
How did he even acquire a wife?  A horrible personality combined with a horrifying physicality doesn't make a lot of girls hot under the collar or dreaming of happily ever after......

This reminded me of a story over at Moonbattery.  A family of 4 in Britain, (H,W, 2 late-teens daughters) complained they weren't getting enough welfare.  They were too fat to work.  They were getting about 30K GBP.  "We can't even pay the bills or put food on the table.  It's not our fault we can't work.  We deserve more" the Mr. said.  A picture was posted, and they're not even that fat.  You and I have coworkers built like that who do just fine at a desk job. 

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 11:26:21 AM »
You know, I've been reading the gigantic primitive for a long time now, through all of his ups and downs, and this guy is an ungrateful ass.

Everything he has probably came from the taxpayers, he is living the "life" that all the DUmmies say everyone should have and he does nothing but complain. He thinks everyone should serve him at his whim, this is what he thinks bigger government would do, give him more stuff!! This is what they think governments main job should be.

But if the government got that power it would become tyrannical. Then where is he??

and of course he isn't grateful, he thinks he deserves this and much more simply because he made it to being born. Mommy didn't abort me so I'm special.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 12:00:55 PM »
Quote from:
Systematic

Do yourselves a favor, everyone. Stay the living **** out of Vegas for any reason! This town doesn't need your support or your tourism. I'd rather they just nuke it and start over about now.

I'm telling you, the same level of incompetence and bullshit that pervades this public transit system is in all walks of life in this city and why I didn't figure that out years ago is anybody's guess.

(metaphor alert)

You crapped out, missed hitting the jackpot, didn't even come close to making even money and holding your own.  You wanted to be a high roller, and playing the odds you knew were in favor of the house, you rolled the dice and took the gamble when you moved to Vegas.  Your life is one giant underlay, and in so many ways.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 12:52:51 PM »
How did he even acquire a wife?  A horrible personality combined with a horrifying physicality doesn't make a lot of girls hot under the collar or dreaming of happily ever after......

I suspect the gigantic primitive's been married for some years, and it is possible the wife is no Twiggy either.

From all I've ever read of the gigantic primitive, he sat on a chair at a table in a casino in Last Vegas, dealing out cards.

Not exactly physically-arduous work.

His weight gain was apparently over a long period of time, as he scarfed down all that Last Vegas cuisine, and oh so much of it.  Probably took in 6000 calories at a sitting, and remember, he was sitting all the time.  Probably gained a pound or so every week, over that time.

He eventually had to quit dealing cards because his arms weren't long enough to reach over himself to the table.

It's all his own damned fault.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 01:00:41 PM »
I can tell you where these types of people came from.

When you no longer have any shame in being a loser this is where you end up.

When you no longer have shame in taking from others this is where you end up and this is why I think there should be some shame from those on the gov't tit.  It should NOT be an easy thing to do and those at the DUmp are primarily there to hold each other up and tell each other that "It's ok to need help and to get it.  You are not a bad person.  You DESERVE that money.  Et ****ing cetera"

It pisses me off.  If you can post at the DUmp then you can be a productive member of society and someone should slap you until you realize you are stealing from the rest of the nation and part of the problem.

/rant. dammit.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 01:09:43 PM »

When you no longer have any shame in being a loser this is where you end up.

When you no longer have shame in taking from others this is where you end up
/rant. dammit.

Shame? They demand and expect it. Gargantua is living the socialist life, he complains about his free healthcare, govt paid bus/taxi and everything else. This is what they have been demanding for everyone.

But somehow they expect service will improve once everyone is forced to live that way.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 01:55:47 PM »
I got off that bus shaking like a leaf from taking my blood sugar medications and then proceeding to be without any food or liquor for nearly three hours while being jounced around like a bingo ball in a hopper. How sick have other people gotten? I have to wonder how many people throw up or mess themselves from being trapped for hours just trying to get from point A to point B?

Fixed.  :lmao:

Maybe if it did not take him two hours to walk to the sidewalk, they would of been on time???

I love Vegas, I suggest that Chaos moves.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 02:18:21 PM »
The last thing in the world that hippo needs is to go to the ol' Hog Trough All-U-Can-Eat Buffet for a night on the town.  I wonder how many pizzas he and his feeder went through instead.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline happy1ga

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 12:46:17 AM »
I love Vegas, too! Great town for fun. If I had my guess, from people watching over the years, I would say wifey is not svelte in any shape of the word.  I cannot understand this mentality to save my life, but my hubby likes to watch those obesity stories on Discovery and TLC, and those people whine and bitch about everything. Every once in a while, you will have one who knows they screwed up, and tries hard to lose the weight, and is kind to the caregivers. Unfortunately, it's rare. I volunteer at a nursing home, but I swear the ones who are a-holes, I ignore them above just grabbing a magazine or something for them. There are so many there who are great, I refuse to waste my time with the leeches. Funny thing is, I have gained about 25 lbs in the last 6 yrs or so, and even though I am just average now, I feel guilty. I weigh 130 lbs, and can't stand it, how do you live knowing you weigh nearly 500 lbs., and not just hate what you have let yourself become?
There is no virtue in compulsory government charity, and there is no virtue in advocating it. A politician who portrays himself as caring and sensitive because he wants to expand the government's charitable programs is merely saying that he is willing to do good with other people's money. Well, who isn't? And a voter who takes pride in supporting such programs is telling us that he will do good with his own money— if a gun is held to his head.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 03:32:46 PM »
I love Vegas, too! Great town for fun.

This is what got me about the gigantic primitive's complaining.

Sure, he was going to go celebrate his birthday at a fancy restaurant, but the guy who drives the van apparently had some complications in his schedule.

Excresence happens.

One accepts, adapts, and moves on.

When one gets a lemon, one makes lemonade.

The gigantic primitive and his wife, once it became obvious the driver was dealing with things out of his control, and so they weren't going to make it to the restaurant, should have just sat back, relaxed, and enjoyed the tour of Last Vegas.

Not everyone gets a tour of Last Vegas--including those spots tourists are likely to miss--and so the gigantic primitive should have thought of this as an unexpected birthday present, this luxurious cruise through the city, seeing all the sights.

When one gets a lemon, one makes lemonade.

God, I'm very happy I was born with nothing resembling the gigantic primitive's attitude, which limits him more than his incredible bulk does.
apres moi, le deluge