Author Topic: White House Expresses 'Complete Confidence' in Geithner's Handling of AIG  (Read 1666 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
President Obama has "complete confidence" in his treasury secretary, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Tuesday, responding to growing criticism that Timothy Geithner did not do enough to prevent American International Group from doling out huge bonuses after it received billions in federal aid.

Gibbs, though, did not give an explanation as to why President Obama apparently did not find out about the $165 million in bonuses until last week. He declined to answer a question on when exactly administration officials first learned about key details of the plan.

"I don't have a particular tick-tock in front of me," Gibbs said.

link

Hmm, Obama has made only 1 of 18 Treasury appointments. Looks like he's about to throw his only one under the bus.

Offline Lacarnut

Gibbs was out of the loop. Geithner knew about the bonus's several days before they were issued last Friday. He asked AIG not to send them out. So that means that Obama knew about it last Monday also. These 2 idiots start bellowing about it after the fact.

Obama and those rich Democ. legislators like Barney Fag don't give a crap about the bonus money. They are all blowing smoke to cover up for the 78 billion lost on the purchase of bank stocks. As long as the politicians can blame someone else for their own shortcomings, the stupid and loons on the left will be appeased.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Wow. Just wow. I cannot imagine the fallout had this been Bush's admin.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Wow. Just wow. I cannot imagine the fallout had this been Bush's admin.
There might be an upside ...

Support for the Democratic Congressional candidates fell to a new low over the past week, allowing the GOP to move slightly head for the first time in recent years in the Generic Congressional Ballot.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 41% said they would vote for their district’s Republican candidate while 39% would choose the Democrat.

Investors now favor Republicans by a 46% to 36% margin, while non-investors would vote Democratic by a 45% to 33% margin.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
And it's only March.  :evillaugh:
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Gibbs was out of the loop. Geithner knew about the bonus's several days before they were issued last Friday. He asked AIG not to send them out. So that means that Obama knew about it last Monday also. These 2 idiots start bellowing about it after the fact.

Obama and those rich Democ. legislators like Barney Fag don't give a crap about the bonus money. They are all blowing smoke to cover up for the 78 billion lost on the purchase of bank stocks. As long as the politicians can blame someone else for their own shortcomings, the stupid and loons on the left will be appeased.

Tax cheat knew about it well before last week.  He designed the bailout at the FED and Dodd wrote an amendment into crap sandwich 1 or 2 about bonuses being paid and not part of the cap on execs
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.