Author Topic: Cincy Tea Party (hometown pride)  (Read 716 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

Cincy Tea Party (hometown pride)
« on: March 16, 2009, 04:16:45 PM »

pic credit to DADvocate

Huge: Thousands converge for Cincinnati Tea Party; Update: 5k strong
By Michelle Malkin  •  March 15, 2009 06:14 PM

The Cincinnati Tea Party organizers told us it was going to be big. And it was. Organizer J. Binik-Thomas e-mails this evening that 5,000 folks turned out for the protest and more than 1,600 people signed a petition to ask local governments to reject porkulus funding.

Cincinnati Enquirer
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090315/NEWS01/303150014/1055/NEWS
Thousands of people filled Fountain Square this afternoon for the Cincinnati Tea Party, a grassroots-effort designed to show their disapproval for bailouts and the massive federal stimulus plan.

People wore Revolution-era costumes and raised anti-bailout signs with messages like “Give us Liberty, not debt” and “No more bailouts.”

Sean Lynch was one of thousands who navigated the crowd.

“I’m frustrated with the way things are going in Congress. They need to remember that they work for us, and right now, we don’t approve,” said Lynch, of Colerain. “This is not a Democrat thing or a Republican thing. It’s a government thing.”

Lynch brought his children to the demonstration and hoped that one day, when they’re older, they’ll understand the importance of taking a stand. His 8-year-old, Isabel, held a “Stop spending my allowance” sign and 5-year-old Kate raised a “Stay out of my piggy bank” one.

“I don’t think anything is going to change overnight,” Lynch said. “But this is a start.”

Sadly I didn't make it as I was working most of the day Sunday and also the Square is almost three miles from my place.  :p However on the national Tea Party day, April 15, I will go out of my way to get to the protest. Anywho, a bit hat tip to my neighbors who showed up in force. Remember these protesters are not the usual suspects. They are respectible types with jobs and everything!

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826