Author Topic: Illinois Income Tax May Jump 50 Percent  (Read 3398 times)

Offline ironhorsedriver

Re: Illinois Income Tax May Jump 50 Percent
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 07:03:28 AM »
That would most likely effect bottom dweller types...as they are mostly ones that still smoke in this day and age.  Smoking went out in the 80's.

:bolt:
Damn, I guess that makes me a bottom dweller. Oh well, at least the only way is up.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 08:42:21 AM »
I can't wait to move out of this friggin' state.  :banghead:

So with taxes on cigarettes going up here (1 dollar state tax and 1 dollar fed), and now your average family with two incomes getting raped on their taxes, it'll make it harder for businesses to thrive here, families to get what they need let along any excess spending, and unemployment will rise here because of it (it's already at 7.9%)..... we're F*&ked.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 09:12:37 AM »
As far Obama's taxes go, most states will still collect if you're working out of state,  but you do get a partial credit for taxes paid elsewhere on the income you make (since the state where a nonresident earns it will tax it there, if they have income tax).
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 11:02:07 AM »
I remember the good old days when the state income tax in IL was 1.25%

But with all those folks in public housing it's going to keep going up!

I love Illinois, so much cool stuff to see and do...but I really don't miss the ice & snow. Chicago is always fun to visit.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 05:24:05 PM »
I love Illinois, so much cool stuff to see and do...but I really don't miss the ice & snow. Chicago is always fun to visit.

I remember a millionaire telling me once, "Snow is a nice thing to visit, once or twice a year."  After this last winter, I'm really starting to think like that.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2009, 11:31:19 PM »
The residents of Illinois did it to themselves.  They voted for Democrats, and they hoisted Zero on us.  Personally, I think the governor should double the income tax just to be fair.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken