Author Topic: FBI Arrests Two After Raiding Office of Obama's Pick for Information Officer  (Read 1297 times)

Offline ironhorsedriver

Obama's Pick for Information Officer Raided by FBI
The investigation is related to allegations of corruption, one source said, but at this point is not targeting Vivek Kundra.

FOXNews.com

Thursday, March 12, 2009
FBI agents have raided the D.C. office of the man tapped to be President Obama's chief information officer, sources told FOX News.

The agents on Thursday morning raided the office of Vivek Kundra, who is also the outgoing D.C. chief technology officer. The investigation is related to allegations of corruption, one source said, but at this point is not targeting Kundra.

FBI spokeswoman Lindsay Gotwin would not describe the nature of the probe.

"It's an ongoing law enforcement investigation," she said.

In a March 5 White House press release, the administration said it chose Kundra to be the federal chief information officer because of his "depth of experience in the technology arena and a commitment to lowering the cost of government operations to this position."

The chief information officer is responsible for overseeing federal technology spending.

FOX News' Mike Levine contributed to this report.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
It's getting to the point where I am tempted to put in an application for a cabinet post. OK I am not American, nor do I have any experience in politics or government but I have paid my taxes and they must be getting desperate to appoint someone soon.  :-)

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
OK I am not American, nor do I have any experience in politics or government but I have paid my taxes and they must be getting desperate to appoint someone soon.  :-)

Shit, dude--with that resume you could be president.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Peter3_1

Another tune and video dedicated to "THE ONE".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIdV4Y56gYM

I think he'd RELATE to the costume......

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Shit, dude--with that resume you could be president.

You could put bijou on the cabinet...

Wait...bijou actually PAID taxes. Never mind.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Here's another story...

FBI agents have made two arrests after raiding the D.C. office of the man tapped to be President Obama's chief information officer, sources told FOX News.

The agents on Thursday morning raided the office of Vivek Kundra, who was leaving his post as the D.C. chief technology officer to join the administration. The investigation is related to allegations of corruption, one source said, but is not targeting Kundra.

FBI agents arrested a District of Columbia government worker, Yusuf Acar, as well as Sushil Bansal, who works for a company called Advanced Integrated Technologies Corp, sources said. Both are expected in court later Thursday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/12/obamas-pick-information-officer-raided-fbi/

Unbelievable.  Is anyone connected to this guy NOT being investigated by the government?
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Here's another story...

Unbelievable.  Is anyone connected to this guy NOT being investigated by the government?
Makes you wonder what exactly the Office of the President Elect was actually doing for all those weeks.

Offline Peter3_1

When the LEO's raid YOUR office and say you're NOT the target, CHECK your BACK, there's a GIANT BULLESEYE painted there!