Author Topic: South AL gunman identified, death toll now at 12  (Read 842 times)

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
South AL gunman identified, death toll now at 12
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:00:35 AM »

South AL gunman identified, death toll now at 12

Man goes on shooting rampage in Alabama
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Police have now identified the man behind Tuesday's deadly south Alabama shooting spree. Police say Michael McLendon of Kinston went on a two county rampage before turning the gun on himself.

The Coffee County coroner said McLendon started his day off with bloodshed at the Kinston area home owned by his mother; a home he ended up burning to the ground. The mother's body was still inside the house Tuesday evening, but Coroner Robert Preachers said officials had not been able to enter the house to determine if she was shot. It's also believed McClendon's girlfriend was killed inside the home.

The death toll now stands at 12, including the gunman. Others citizens and law enforcment officers were wounded as McClendon drove though town firing shots at anyone in his path.

The man's shooting spree covered two counties (Coffee and Geneva) and targeted people in the town of Kinston and the cities of Samson and Geneva in extreme southeast Alabama.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=9982408

*******************************************************************************************************

:(
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 12:50:15 PM by asdf2231 »

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: South AL gunman identified, death toll now at 12
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 11:59:12 AM »
I don't remember if it was the Today show news, or the local news here, was reporting that the 18 month old and it's mother that were both killed are the family of the wounded officer. Report said investigators thought they were visiting the next door neighbors of the house where most were killed.  :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.