Author Topic: The Obamas: When Insulting a World Leader, Closest Ally & Wife Aren't Enough...  (Read 1156 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
...go for their kids:

Like all good guests, Sarah Brown arrived bearing gifts for the children, Malia and Sasha. And they were really nice presents. A bit of thought had clearly gone into choosing them: Top Shop dresses (with matching necklaces) and a selection of books by British authors. Lovely.
Mrs Brown may have two boys but she certainly knows the way to a little girl’s heart. These were gifts chosen in the true spirit of present-giving: to please the recipient, not the giver.

In return Mrs Obama gave the Brown children, Fraser and John, two toy models of Marine One, the Presidential helicopter. Fair enough on the helicopter part, always a popular choice with small boys; but Marine One? It’s not as though anyone needs reminding that Barack Obama is President or that he has his own helicopter. Short of giving the boys Action Man models of her own husband smiting the evil forces of neoconservatism, Mrs Obama’s gesture could not have been more solipsistic or more inherently dismissive of Mrs Brown.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5848073.ece

The capper: the toy helicopters can be had from the WH gift store for $15 a piece.

So basically Michelle had some unpaid intern run down to the WH gift store and pull a couple of toys off the shelf to rub it in the face of the Brown family what a big-shot L'il 'O is supposed to be.

I bet Bill Ayers' kids got better gifts. Probably some stuffed plush toy of Che or Marx made in a Vietnamese sweatshop.

"Deliberate" is the only word that can explain this insult.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

I am sure that he will put more thought into gifts when he meets with "his" allies , you know, Iran , North Korea, Raoul Castro, etc.

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
it's just freakin tacky...hell he gave Brown DVDs....somethin ya could pickup a blockbuster... unfreakinbelieveable.....
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
it's just freakin tacky...hell he gave Brown DVDs....somethin ya could pickup a blockbuster... unfreakinbelieveable.....

Rush read off the stuff that Brown gave to barack - clearly priceless objects to be treasured forever - the obama's are trash.
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
On another note, when was the last time you saw a newspaper article with the word "solipsistic" in it?

:-)
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
'O' took some pieces out of the models before they were given to the children.  That way he can PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that he needs a new $400 million helicopter.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Lacarnut

All I can think of is cheap, cheap, cheap and low class.