Author Topic: Obama bin Nixon  (Read 1272 times)

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
Obama bin Nixon
« on: March 04, 2009, 12:18:51 PM »
Rush Job: Inside Dems' Limbaugh plan
By JONATHAN MARTIN | 3/4/09 4:04 AM EST

Top Democrats believe they have struck political gold by depicting Rush Limbaugh as the new face of the Republican Party, a full-scale effort first hatched by some of the most familiar names in politics and now being guided in part from inside the White House.

The strategy took shape after Democratic strategists Stanley Greenberg and James Carville included Limbaugh’s name in an October poll and learned their longtime tormentor was deeply unpopular with many Americans, especially younger voters. Then the conservative talk-radio host emerged as an unapologetic critic of Barack Obama shortly before his inauguration, when even many Republicans were showering him with praise.

Soon it clicked: Democrats realized they could roll out a new GOP bogeyman for the post-Bush era by turning to an old one in Limbaugh, a polarizing figure since he rose to prominence in the 1990s.

Limbaugh is embracing the line of attack, suggesting a certain symbiosis between him and his political adversaries.

"The administration is enabling me,” he wrote in an e-mail to POLITICO. “They are expanding my profile, expanding my audience and expanding my influence. An ever larger number of people are now being exposed to the antidote to Obamaism: conservatism, as articulated by me. An ever larger number of people are now exposed to substantive warnings, analysis and criticism of Obama's policies and intentions, a ‘story’ I own because the [mainstream media] is largely the Obama Press Office.”

snip

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19596.html

Rush already has the Obama bin Nixon administration backed into a corner on this. Since they say he is the leader of the Republican party, he has offered to debate the leader of the Democrat party (Obama), at his own complete expense, no taxpayer dollars spent at all.

What a bunch of morans. They have a better chance of taking on the economy than they do taking on Rush.

Offline thundley4

Re: Obama bin Nixon
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:30:03 PM »
I've only heard bits and pieces of Rush's show when I've ventured into other departments at work, (I listen to music all the time), but I think this could backfire on the dems.  More moderates might tune him in just to see what the fuss is all about.

Offline TandT

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:41:29 PM »
I've only heard bits and pieces of Rush's show when I've ventured into other departments at work, (I listen to music all the time), but I think this could backfire on the dems.  More moderates might tune him in just to see what the fuss is all about.

personally, i hope they do ... and find boortz and hannity and levin along the way .... could be a coup d’état for us ....... :D
A day without laughter is a day misspent!  e.e. cummings

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 12:51:17 PM »
personally, i hope they do ... and find boortz and hannity and levin along the way .... could be a coup d’état for us ....... :D

I don't listen to much talk radio, but I do read Boortz's blog every weekday. I think he's more libertarian than conservative, but still has many things I agree with.

Offline TandT

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 01:03:03 PM »
I don't listen to much talk radio, but I do read Boortz's blog every weekday. I think he's more libertarian than conservative, but still has many things I agree with.

As do i ... he is an advocate for the Fair Tax ... whose time has come ... get rid of the IRS and go with a consumption tax ... couldn't be more fair .....

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »
As do i ... he is an advocate for the Fair Tax ... whose time has come ... get rid of the IRS and go with a consumption tax ... couldn't be more fair .....

But that would be unfair to the poor. When people on welfare go to buy their plasma TVs and Cadillac Escilades, they would be hit with actual taxes. You heartless eeeevil conservative!

Offline TandT

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 07:52:38 AM »
But that would be unfair to the poor. When people on welfare go to buy their plasma TVs and Cadillac Escilades, they would be hit with actual taxes. You heartless eeeevil conservative!

damnit  :thatsright: ... you just had to out me ...  :hammer:

:cheersmate: