Author Topic: Romney to Quit the Race  (Read 34608 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Romney to Quit the Race
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2008, 02:02:42 PM »
Well shit mitt!!! :-) there....got it out of my system.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2008, 02:07:28 PM »
Shit.

$hit....I thought you couldn't actually "say" SHIT on here. 

Does $hit sound just like shit??

It does but it costs more to say it.

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2008, 02:17:39 PM »
 :pokingpoop: Shit?
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2008, 02:18:42 PM »
:pokingpoop: Shit?

I was wondering when someone was going to bring out the crap smilie.   :p

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2008, 02:26:59 PM »
I blame our march towards liberalism on the 19th amendment.

ooook .... I feel like I've just been slapped. 
Would you explain your reasoning please?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2008, 02:34:48 PM »

Approximately 80% of the women in this country vote based on emotion alone. If you're in the 20 that thinks logically, take no offense. However, it cannot be ignored that since the passage of the 19th amendment, liberalism has been increasing exponentially. It's feel-good politics. Men, by nature, are hunter/gatherers. Women are nurturers who need a sense of security and would vote or side with anyone that gives them that comfort. Men are more prone to vote or side with anyone that offers the most freedom.

Keep in mind, when I say this, I am not saying ALL women, just a majority. Are there guys? Of course. I blame the feminization of America.

This is, however, just my opinion.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2008, 02:40:33 PM »

Approximately 80% of the women in this country vote based on emotion alone. If you're in the 20 that thinks logically, take no offense. However, it cannot be ignored that since the passage of the 19th amendment, liberalism has been increasing exponentially. It's feel-good politics. Men, by nature, are hunter/gatherers. Women are nurturers who need a sense of security and would vote or side with anyone that gives them that comfort. Men are more prone to vote or side with anyone that offers the most freedom.

Keep in mind, when I say this, I am not saying ALL women, just a majority. Are there guys? Of course. I blame the feminization of America.

This is certainly not politically correct (and you are to be commended for that), however there is a lot of logic behind your words......

That said, I'm going to hide and watch....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2008, 02:42:01 PM »
I'm afraid what Rebel says is often true, women do tend to vote with emotion, and, as a former Romney supporter, I'm not surprised but disappointed at the news that Romney's leaving the race. Now I don't know whether to support Huckabee or just go with McLame.

Offline Dixie*Darling

« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2008, 02:59:07 PM »
Thanks for your reply Kev.  I somewhat see your point.  I'll lump myself in the 20 % group.  Of course my opinion is that I hope I never see a woman OR a black man as POTUS in my life time.  Believe me, it won't be by my vote.

By the same token, I'm a fighter.  Yeah McCain sucks donkey nuts (literally) but I'd just as soon slit my throat with a butter knife than not vote.  We absolutely know what we'll get with Hildabeast / Osama, but with McCain at least there is a sliver hope.  Remember, Bush hasn't been all that he could've been either.

As with the 2004 election, it is extremely important to keep in mind the life terms of the Supreme Court.  As many as 2 could be replaced within a 4 yr. presidential term.  I'm with FlaGator on this one.  It scares the hell outta me.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 03:03:18 PM by Dixie*Darling »

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2008, 03:03:20 PM »
Thanks for your reply Kev.  I somewhat see your point.  I'll lump myself in the 20 % group.  Of course my opinion is that I hope I never see a woman OR a black man as POTUS in my life time.  Believe me, it won't be by my vote.

By the same token, I'm a fighter.  Yeah McCain sucks donkey nuts (literally) but I'd just as soon slit my throat with a butter knife than not vote.  We absolutely know what we'll get with Hildabeast / Osama, but with McCain at least there is a sliver hope.  Remember, Bush hasn't been all that he could've been either.

As with the 2004 election, it is extremely important to keep in mind the life terms of the Supreme Court.  As many as 2 could be replaced within a 4 yr. presidential term.  I'm with FlaGator on this one.  I scares the hell outta me.

I would definitely vote for, and feel comfortable with having, a Herman Cain, Laura Ingraham, Monica Crowley, Thomas Sowell, or Lee Elder in the White House. It's got nothing to do with color or gender. Just because I think 80% of the women in this country aren't fit to be the CinC, doesn't mean I wouldn't vote for one of the ones in the 20%. 

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Lauri

« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2008, 03:04:04 PM »

were you listening to that Constitutionalist on Glenn Beck this morning?

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2008, 03:08:06 PM »

I know there are guys, because some of the biggest DUmmies are guys. TiT comes to mind.

I have heard that most single women are liberal; whereas, married women tend to be conservative. That makes much more sense to me, and it is easy to see why. There are many divorced, bitter women who feel cheated, and what better way to compensate than to have the federal government give you your due.

Anyway, Kevin, I am both astonished and disappointed at you blaming 80% of women  :whatever:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2008, 03:11:49 PM »

I don't get Beck here.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #113 on: February 07, 2008, 03:12:26 PM »

I know there are guys, because some of the biggest DUmmies are guys. TiT comes to mind.

I have heard that most single women are liberal; whereas, married women tend to be conservative. That makes much more sense to me, and it is easy to see why. There are many divorced, bitter women who feel cheated, and what better way to compensate than to have the federal government give you your due.

Anyway, Kevin, I am both astonished and disappointed at you blaming 80% of women  :whatever:

I wouldn't make that sweeping generalization about single women, Some of us are not bitter old hags who rely on the government and I take offense to your statement.
Lots of women like myself are conservative, professional women that make a lot more money than married folks with two incomes...So I wouldn't be too quick to judge on that point.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2008, 03:13:32 PM »

Sorry, it is what it is. Conservative women are in the minority of their gender. Look at every Rasmussen or Zogby poll.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2008, 03:14:20 PM »
I wouldn't make that sweeping generalization about single women, Some of us are not bitter old hags who rely on the government and I take offense to your statement.
Lots of women like myself are conservative, professional women that make a lot more money than married folks with two incomes...So I wouldn't be too quick to judge on that point.

She said most, not all. Like I said most, not all.

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2008, 03:17:35 PM »

She said most, not all. Like I said most, not all.

Ok, so I'll say most married people(that I know) are miserable and most cheat on their spouses.

Offline dortt

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2008, 03:20:27 PM »
not sure why Romney dropped out. Him and Huckabee could have tied up enough delegates to keep McSlime from getting the nomination. If Romney endorses McSlime, it will show his liberal true colors.

However, maybe this means Huckabee can make a charge since he did very well with the conservatives on Tuesday. Romney had better support Huckabee

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2008, 03:22:44 PM »

As with the 2004 election, it is extremely important to keep in mind the life terms of the Supreme Court.  As many as 2 could be replaced within a 4 yr. presidential term.  I'm with FlaGator on this one.  It scares the hell outta me.

I'm not being politically correct here when I say that I would not have a problem voting for a black man or a woman, it just has to be a black man or woman with whom I agree politically. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2008, 03:24:04 PM »
There are three things that are making me keep an open mind on the "Voting for the death of my own liberties" issue with McCrazy:

1.  The SCOTUS Justice issue.  Yes, a couple of the most lib Justices are virtually on life support waiting for a Dem to become Prez, and have been for four years....even if Crazy John virtually is a Dem, there is still a thin line there and I'd love to see the wailing and robe-tearing when the particular Supreme Weasels realize they're truly screwed.

2.  The Veep choice, since that will tell whether he actually gives a rat's ass about the Conservatives at all.

3.  What commitments is he going to make to us...not really the platform, but what promises is John going to make to us and be held accountable for (i.e. the infamous 'No new taxes' pledge, however in his case I'd settle for 'I'll leave gun control where it is').

I do not buy that Hitlery will destroy the US in four years, she is too cagey for that, she will just inflict major (but not irretrievable) damage, aside from GWOT and SCOTUS I doubt there will be much noticeable difference between her and McCain as Prez.  Obama is a whole 'nuther story, he is a total rube if a very charismatic one, and therefore likely to be another Jimmuh.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2008, 03:26:44 PM »

McCain said that Alito was "too conservative"  :popcorn:
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me to try to change it."

Barack Obama

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »

I do not buy that Hitlery will destroy the US in four years, she is too cagey for that, she will just inflict major (but not irretrievable) damage, aside from GWOT and SCOTUS I doubt there will be much noticeable difference between her and McCain as Prez.  Obama is a whole 'nuther story, he is a total rube if a very charismatic one, and therefore likely to be another Jimmuh.

Hillary will make sure to be as spiteful to the conservatives as she possibly can be, making sure to rub our noses in her position.

If the Democratic Congress doesn't get fired in Nov. '08, I see her socialized healthcare getting passed. That scared the bejeezus out of me.

With her and her Democratic Congress still in effect, I see her crippling the advanced stages of the WOT thus bringing the progress to its demise. That both scares the bejeezus out of me and pisses me off.

I can't even picture her representing us internationally. The thought of that makes me want to laugh and throw up.

We will hear one lie after the next about the economy that she inherited, as if Bush and Co. mucked it up.

I could go on and on, but the fact is, is it would be at least 4 years of unbearable hell that I don't want to listen to with a real possibility of doing irreversible damage to our healthcare system. Once something becomes socialized, it doesn't get "un"-socialized.

Barack Obama

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2008, 03:51:33 PM »

McCain said that Alito was "too conservative"  :popcorn:

Correct, and as I mentioned in another thread, I suspect that McCain's vision of a "conservative" SC Justice is the likes of Kennedy.....he will nominate someone that won't piss off a lot of his liberal colleagues in the senate......ya know, he wants us all to "get along"....

It is fast approaching the time when I have to "tune out' politics, and start circling the wagons for another liberal onslaught.  The good news is that since my wife and I qualify as "senior citizens", the dems will be falling all over themselves to throw goodies at us for votes....the bad news is that our children will be paying the price for it for the next forty years......

doc
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 03:54:29 PM by TVDOC »

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2008, 04:02:29 PM »
I had to come to terms with a pretty tough realization:

I'm to the right of my Republican counterparts, although by the standards of this board, I'm not as conservative as some of you guys.

We had some conservative options. For whatever reason, they failed to resonate with the majority of Americans. We get the government we deserve.

We need to put some of the blame on the current administration. In many areas (budget, immigration, etc.) Republicans failed to lead. We were strong on defense, but that's about it. We didn't make the tax cuts permanent. We didn't privatize social security. Oil is still sitting, untapped, under ANWR.

Hell, Bush has been a better president under democratic control of the congress than he was with his mandate.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Lauri

« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2008, 04:48:07 PM »

I don't get Beck here.

he had a guy on there from that party, basically saying that giving women the vote changed our country for the worse.. they didnt spend much time on it. Beck was kind of making fun of the guy under his breath - and I've never heard the Constitution Party guy before..

i would say ALL Americans can be blamed for allowing what has been happening here the past 40 years or so. The ones who vote, and the ones who dont vote... we all equally share the blame.