Author Topic: imperious primitive wants water in kitchen sink  (Read 730 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
imperious primitive wants water in kitchen sink
« on: February 10, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=287x7401

Oh my.

The empressof all   (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-10-09 03:41 PM
Original message

Any plumbing people around

The faucet in my kitchen sink was old and gross and a few days ago pretty much stopped working. I was only getting a dribble of a flow out of it. I went ahead and bought a new fancy one and had my usual handy guy and friend install it. He found a leak as well and replaced the lines under the cabinet. So my new faucet looks terrific, I have new lines....But I still not getting anything more than a dribble out of it. My friend was here till around 11 last night and couldn't stay to problem solve but will return tonight.

I would really like water to my kitchen sink...Yes, the water is turned on underneath the sink. I'm not having flow problems anywhere else in the house. Is this the harbinger of a major catastophe to come? Any ideas of what we should think about?

Well, the imperious primitive, being a Democrat and hence sympathetic to manual labor, should have hired a union-card-carrying plumber to deal with it, instead of being cheap and denying an honest workingman a chance to make some money.

NMDemDist2  (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-10-09 04:06 PM
Response to Original message

1. the filter is probably clogged right at the end of the faucet where the water SHOULD come out is a removable piece

wrap a towel around it and get the pliers and remove it from the end of the faucet

clean the grit out of the screens then replace

not unusual for a new faucet

The empressof all   (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-10-09 04:19 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. He did that....

But I'll have him double check. Weird it would be happening to the old faucet as well as the new one...That's what's getting me alarmed that it's something more serious.

There's just something really hypocritical, really mean, really nasty, about primitives who won't hire union labor to fix their things.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: imperious primitive wants water in kitchen sink
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 03:47:21 PM »
Sounds like the empress of all doesn't rule over her kitchen sink.  So sad.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.