Author Topic: Playboy Pedro squawks  (Read 902 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Playboy Pedro squawks
« on: February 10, 2009, 06:15:11 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5014083

Oh my, the first thing one sees on a Tuesday morning on the internet:

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-09-09 09:07 AM
Original message

We're a "center-right" country *SQUAWK!* We're a "center-right" country!

Or so I've learned from teevee already today. Every guest on MSRNC was sure to point out that despite the GOP's resounding losses in November, despite Obama's rising popularity even in the face of two weeks of withering crit from the media, despite emperical demographic evidence showing Americans shifting more and more toward the Democratic party, despite all that they'd have us believe that America really is closer to Republicans than Democrats, and therefore Obama better treat the GOP nicey-nice.

**** YOU GUYS. YOU LOST. YOUR POLICIES FAILED. Now sit down, shut up and get out of the way. Or do something constructive for a change instead of DEstructive. Just once. I dare you.

Oh dear.

Phoebe Loosinhouse  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-09-09 09:11 AM
Response to Original message

2. Just a few more job losses and we hit the tipping point to become far left.

Complacent people don't care about anything until they personally get hit with it right between the eyes.

Complaining about people not pulling themselves up by their bootstraps strangely ends when one finds they can't reach their own.

Hmmmm.  I thought the job losses were supposed to end January 20, 2009.

Didn't they?

What's up with that?

readmoreoften  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-09-09 09:11 AM

3. Well, at least we're UNITED. 

According to politicalcompass.com, Nazi Germany was a center-right country too.

They also valued national unity.

I personally vote for GULAGS chock full o' Republicans. GULAGS getcher GULAGS. Cabbage soup for Madoff and his boys.

Graybeard  (1000+ posts)      Mon Feb-09-09 09:14 AM

4. The last two elections, '06 and '08 show shift to left.

Democratic incumbants overwhelmingly re-elected. How many red states did Obama flip, ten or eleven?

And they flip again.  Always flipping, history.  Always flipping, America.

Nothing new.

Renew Deal  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-09-09 09:49 AM

7. Then why have we gotten more votes in 4 out of the last 5 elections?

92, 96, 2000, 2008

These losers want to believe this country is "center-right" because they can't admit they support a failed ideology.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Playboy Pedro squawks
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 07:14:30 AM »
Pedro has no right to get upset about people giving their opinion on a TV show when they're asked to come as guests and do so.  And exactly how are people who are opposed to B. Hussein's pork bill in the way?  To make matters worse, they'll be on tomorrow, the next day, and the next day still saying the same things, as though what Pedro requested of them meant nothing.

Pedro, completely insignificant except as a circus sideshow.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:18:05 AM »
Pedro, completely insignificant except as a circus sideshow.

Playboy Pedro of course and as usual misses the point.

"Obstruction" is not necessarily a bad thing.

It wasn't a bad thing, for example, for the allies to obstruct Adolph Hitler.

It's not a bad thing, for another example, to obstruct a pickpocket from trying to paw Playboy Pedro's wallet.

That sort of thing; obstruction can be a good thing.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 07:18:16 AM »
It amuses me how the new PR line, the new "sell" of the left, is how soundly the Republicans were crushed in the last two election cycles.  It amuses me because if one digs through the dishonest PR and the bales of wool being offered up to cover casual eyes, one will see this "remarkable" swerve to the left is no more of a radical shift than it was when the Republicans gained the upperhand in past elections.

One must remember that when the Republicans became the majority the left demanded there was no mandate.  The numbers were too small.  In fact, once when the senate make-up looked a lot like it does today - parties reversed, of course, the democrats demanded that leadership be "shared".

As for The Magic Negro's election victory, it is full of holes.  Magic won with a few million manufactured votes in strategic places.  His official victory over McCain almost matches the percentage by which Proposition 8 passed in California.  No one on the left is claiming Proposition 8's victory establishes a mandate.  In fact, everyone on the left is doing everything possible to overturn that election victory.

Yes, you Little Goons, this nation is majority populated by rightwing normal folks.  The left is a minority, and the further to the left away from the center it gets, the thinner and more minuscule that minority becomes.  It's those pesky center folks who the left sometimes fools.

Sometimes, like in November 2008, the left gets lucky.  Those center folks are fooled into being fools.  They vote for a democrat.  That foolery, coupled with fraud, deceit, theft, lies, and a complacent liberal media, sometimes gets a democrat into the White House.   But it's rare and it doesn't last long, thank our Loving God.

Enjoy it while you can.  Keep lying to yourselves.  It won't last.  The glory is fading fast.

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 07:39:14 AM »
2 things--  MSRNC?  Someone please explain to me what this guy is seeing.
Second, Bernie Madoff was a Democrat.  A HUGE supporter of Democrats.   

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 08:17:27 AM »
Bernie Madoff was a Democrat.  A HUGE supporter of Democrats.

Something the "right-stream media" doesn't want you to know . . .  ::) :whatever:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 08:54:59 AM »
It amuses me how the new PR line, the new "sell" of the left, is how soundly the Republicans were crushed in the last two election cycles.  It amuses me because if one digs through the dishonest PR and the bales of wool being offered up to cover casual eyes, one will see this "remarkable" swerve to the left is no more of a radical shift than it was when the Republicans gained the upperhand in past elections.

One must remember that when the Republicans became the majority the left demanded there was no mandate.  The numbers were too small.  In fact, once when the senate make-up looked a lot like it does today - parties reversed, of course, the democrats demanded that leadership be "shared".

As for The Magic Negro's election victory, it is full of holes.  Magic won with a few million manufactured votes in strategic places.  His official victory over McCain almost matches the percentage by which Proposition 8 passed in California.  No one on the left is claiming Proposition 8's victory establishes a mandate.  In fact, everyone on the left is doing everything possible to overturn that election victory.

Yes, you Little Goons, this nation is majority populated by rightwing normal folks.  The left is a minority, and the further to the left away from the center it gets, the thinner and more minuscule that minority becomes.  It's those pesky center folks who the left sometimes fools.

Sometimes, like in November 2008, the left gets lucky.  Those center folks are fooled into being fools.  They vote for a democrat.  That foolery, coupled with fraud, deceit, theft, lies, and a complacent liberal media, sometimes gets a democrat into the White House.   But it's rare and it doesn't last long, thank our Loving God.

Enjoy it while you can.  Keep lying to yourselves.  It won't last.  The glory is fading fast.

Well put, as usual. Let me add that many of those democrats elected were "Blue Dogs," in many ways as or more fiscally conservative than the Republicans they unseated.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies