Author Topic: CC Superbowl XLIII Live Thread  (Read 16064 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
CC Superbowl XLIII Live Thread
« on: February 01, 2009, 10:53:57 AM »
Might as well open it up early.
[youtube=425,350]QKCVS57j284[/youtube]

Steelers 31, Cards 17

Put your predictions here before the game starts.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

Re: CC Superbowl XLIII Live Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 12:52:29 PM »
Arizona 20 - ****ing Steelers 24.   :bawl:

Already watched an hour of pre-game hype. LOL Will take a break, get some stuff done then head back for more hype. (if there is one game that can't get enough hype, it's the superbowl)

Go Cardinals!!!

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 01:01:11 PM »
Arizona 20 - ****ing Steelers 24.   :bawl:

Already watched an hour of pre-game hype. LOL Will take a break, get some stuff done then head back for more hype. (if there is one game that can't get enough hype, it's the superbowl)

Go Cardinals!!!

I read on another board that if you order Dominoes right now you will get it at 9:00 PM.

I am off to get BBQ in a few minutes.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 01:14:38 PM »
I read on another board that if you order Dominoes right now you will get it at 9:00 PM.

I thought about that yesterday and got pizza last night rather than today, lol. I've got some roast beast to throw in the oven in a few hours. Snack food for all day.

The Superbowl is my second favorite holiday!  :cheersmate:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 01:22:58 PM »
Hey dudes...we have wings, pizza coming around later, and all sorts of other dips and snacks.

I'm sending a paper off now and then I have to tidy up the house a bit in prep for a couple peeps trailing in here and there.

Enjoy!

Oh and I will be rooting for the Cards. I have to after living in Phoenix..just seems right! Especially since this is a shocker after all those years of crap for a team! Go Cards!

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »
Cardinals embarrass Steelers today.     

:popcorn:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 01:39:06 PM »
I thought about that yesterday and got pizza last night rather than today, lol. I've got some roast beast to throw in the oven in a few hours. Snack food for all day.

The Superbowl is my second favorite holiday!  :cheersmate:

It's appetizers in my house all day, all night.    My almost 5 year old twins LOVE superbowl Sunday.   

Hopefully it will be a close game to keep the interest level intact.

:cheersmate:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »
Will be ordering the pizza and wings at about 3. I hope I get them before the game is over.  :lmao:

I'm rootin' for the Cards. I think they will win it but it will be close.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 02:40:48 PM »
It'll be somewhere near what freedumb posted.

My major conservative vice is that I love Springsteen.  I've got my own views over what songs he's gonna play, and I know what the New York Post's spies have said will be the playlist.  I got two of their four right. 

Troy Polamalu will run back at least one interception for a TD.  Steelers 28, Cards 10.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 02:46:19 PM »

When I was getting BBQ, there was a Dominoes next door.  I stuck my head in and asked and they said they have a lot of orders for right before the game and you probably won't get a delivery during the game but right now no backlog at all and if you order it will be delivered by game time.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 02:47:13 PM »
Hey dudes...we have wings, pizza coming around later, and all sorts of other dips and snacks.

I'm sending a paper off now and then I have to tidy up the house a bit in prep for a couple peeps trailing in here and there.

Enjoy!

Oh and I will be rooting for the Cards. I have to after living in Phoenix..just seems right! Especially since this is a shocker after all those years of crap for a team! Go Cards!

The wings will make it.  The Cardinal wings will be clipped.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »
Nice basketball game broke up the SB hype. Cleveland Cavs (the CLE Lebron James') beat the Pistons. Good stuff.

Now back to football hype laundry and thinking about throwing the meat in the oven. What a great lazy Sunday.  :-) It's even into the 40's outside! Yee-ha

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 04:03:51 PM »
Nice basketball game broke up the SB hype. Cleveland Cavs (the CLE Lebron James') beat the Pistons. Good stuff.

Now back to football hype laundry and thinking about throwing the meat in the oven. What a great lazy Sunday.  :-) It's even into the 40's outside! Yee-ha

Is that what they call it these days.....?

;)

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 04:07:57 PM »
Is that what they call it these days.....?

;)

Gotta do something to pass the time until kickoff I guess.  :p

- Ayn Rand

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 04:10:59 PM »
Gotta do something to pass the time until kickoff I guess.  :p
Beats the hell out of being on conference calls since 11:00 this morning.  I am one now that SOUNDS like it is wrapping up.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2009, 04:29:48 PM »
Will be ordering the pizza and wings at about 3. I hope I get them before the game is over.  :lmao:

I'm rootin' for the Cards. I think they will win it but it will be close.

That's the 1st time you picked Az. to win all year. What's with that?

Any who. Az. 28 Pit 18.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2009, 05:16:27 PM »
Faith Hill up  -- beautiful girl and doing a nice job so far.

Doing "America" and not "Star Spangled Banner"...

so who will do the Anthem?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2009, 05:18:26 PM »
Recognizing the US Airways crew!!!!

Yayyy!!!!!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2009, 05:19:36 PM »
Jennifer Hudson -- please please don't vamp it!!!

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »
Jennifer Hudson is doing a fabulous job. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2009, 05:23:08 PM »
Not bad -- she stylized it but didn't kill it

And she has a great voice.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2009, 05:31:00 PM »
No one is watching or no one is participating?

Jeeze...

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2009, 05:37:58 PM »
Oh well.  The Cardinals are going to show everyone why they never ever should have got their ticket punched for the postseason. 

This is going to be a blowout.

:yawn:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2009, 05:40:38 PM »
dumb challenge  :(

On edit:

good challenge, lol

- Ayn Rand

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »
Damn skippy, nevermind. 

I was going to turn the channel too.   

:popcorn: