Author Topic: dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher doesn't want sonograms  (Read 785 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher doesn't want sonograms
« on: January 27, 2009, 03:02:16 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4921319

Hmmm.  One wonders why.

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-27-09 01:45 PM
Original message

Kansas rep proposes law making sonograms available to women seeking abortions

Kansas State Rep. Lance Kinzer, an Olathe Republican, is again pushing a bill stating that women be given the option of viewing a sonogram before they receive an abortion.

It's one of a few provisions in a bill that Kinzer said is designed to give women more objective information before they receive an abortion.

Several of these proposals were inserted into earlier legislation - most notably a bill vetoed last year by Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, a Democrat.

Kinzer said his approach this year is to craft a narrower bill designed to "find some common ground with folks who may not necessarily vote pro-life all the time," he said.

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/16767

One wonders why the dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher doesn't like the idea of pregnant women getting objective information.

It's a medium-sized bonfire, the primitives at it agreeing that pregnant women shouldn't be given objective information, lest it make them decide against an abortion.

That's what's really going on here, but we all knew that anyway.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

Re: dysmenopausal Kansas school teacher doesn't want sonograms
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 03:10:22 PM »
Be given the option of viewing?

That sounds like a fascist concept if I ever heard one.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Flame

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 03:11:02 PM »
Kansas State Rep. Lance Kinzer, an Olathe Republican, is again pushing a bill stating that women be given the option of viewing a sonogram before they receive an abortion.

Take a note of the word I enhanced in the quote...the legislature isn't FORCING these women to get a sonagram, just ensuring they have that OPTION.   I thought the left was all about choice?

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 03:11:31 PM »
Right to the right of her post:

NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 03:15:13 PM »
leftyladyfrommo  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Tue Jan-27-09 02:02 PM
Response to Reply #4
13. Have you ever read Anne Lamott?

I love her stuff - don't always agree with her but I love the way she writes.

She is a Jesus person but she is very pro choice. She has had abortions, doesn't apologize for it, and is very upfront about it. That really takes a lot of courage.

And I love her dreadlocks.

No, ya dumb bitch, carrying the child to term, raising that child, and taking responsibility for your actions takes a lot of courage.

I swear, you damn DUmbasses are about the stupidest mofos on the damn planet. I'd pay money to watch you idiots all go Jim Jones.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 03:47:06 PM »
No, ya dumb bitch, carrying the child to term, raising that child, and taking responsibility for your actions takes a lot of courage.

I swear, you damn DUmbasses are about the stupidest mofos on the damn planet. I'd pay money to watch you idiots all go Jim Jones.

Kev, while I'm with ya on this, they'd never have the guts to do it.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 09:39:03 PM »
One word describes the modern left.  That is selfishness.  Homicidal selfishness.  They don't really care who they rob or kill so long as they have what they want.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken