Author Topic: Fox Shows Photos Of Muslim Men  (Read 972 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Fox Shows Photos Of Muslim Men
« on: January 26, 2009, 01:10:14 PM »
 :thatsright:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4914252

marmar  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-26-09 01:17 PM
Original message
Fox Shows Photos Of Muslim Men: ‘Would You Want A Guy Like This Living In Your Backyard?’ 
 Advertisements [?]I certainly wouldn't want Sean Hannity or Glenn BecKKK living in my backyard!

from ThinkProgress:

Fox Shows Photos Of Muslim Men: ‘Would You Want A Guy Like This Living In Your Backyard?’»

Since President Obama’s announcement last week that he would shut down the Guantanamo Bay detention center within one year, Fox News has done its best to frighten its viewers about the rule:

SEAN HANNITY: That’s somewhat frightening, you’re going to close Guantanamo Bay, you don’t know what’s going to happen, you don’t know where you’re going to put these people. (1/23/09)

GLENN BECK: Somebody told me that if this goes through and we put 200 people into this system, that it will shut down our justice system. Our justice system just won’t be able to do it.(1/20/09)

BRIAN KILMEADE: You’re talking about the worst of the Taliban, the worst of al Qaeda, and we have to let them go, give them trials? Why do we need to do this and compromise the CIA and our intelligence bureau — a lot of the intelligence was built on these guys, was done using our clandestine operations. So we have to expose that for these trials? (1/22/09)

Rep. Jack Murtha (D-PA) said last week that the U.S. could hold the detainees in federal prisons, just like we hold thousands of other dangerous inmates. This morning, Fox and Friends responded by sending a reporter to Murtha’s district to flash photos of suspected terrorists — their only identification being Muslim headgear — and ask residents, “Would you want a guy like this living in your backyard?” Watch it: http://thinkprogress.org/2009/01/26/fox-backyard-photos /

Despite Fox’s suggestion that detainees could be pitching a tent in your backyard, Guantanamo detainees transferred to the U.S. for trials would be housed in federal prisons — where dozens of dangerous terrorists are already held. In fact, the United States has already successfully prosecuted 145 terrorism cases in federal court, a sharp contrast to the series of debacles in Guantanamo prosecutions.

Later in the segment, the Fox hosts repeated some of the right wing’s favorite myths about Guantanamo. They endorsed the “great idea” conservatives have been pushing of sending detainees to Alcatraz or a “haunted” prison in West Virginia:

CLAYTON MORRIS: We’ve got Alcatraz that exists. We give tours out there. Put them out on an island on Alcatraz, which is under our jurisdiction. What about Moundsville State Penitentiary? Someone from West Virginia wrote me and said it’s a haunted prison. It’s vacant.

In other words, Fox News and the right wing would prefer to send Guantanamo detainees to theme parks rather than to maximum-security federal prisons.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/01/26/fox-backyard-photos /

Bunch of dumbass IDJITS

thewiseguy  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-26-09 01:19 PM
Response to Original message
1. Hannity has a high school diploma and that is it
 He better shut up when it comes down to judiciary matters.

Ya'll could have doctorates and ya'll need to shut the **** up on every matter

Deep13  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-26-09 01:24 PM
4. Another fear-mongering non-story from Fux.
 I guess that's where people are getting the idea that the President is going to let them loose. Sure, I wouldn't want a suspected terrorist living next door. But no one is suggesting that. My doctor is an Arab. I don't know his religion, but it would not be unlikely that he is a Muslim. He is a very nice man.

How would you like Jews or Catholics living in your neighborhood?! 

The Wielding Truth  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-26-09 01:33 PM
9. I wish that these guys whose pictures were shown ,if innocent,
 would sue FOX so bad that they would think twice about using anything to sell their torture agenda.

Those that the pictures were shown of won't be sueing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they're all dead

higher class  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-26-09 01:36 PM
10. I hope that the hate speech by these people does not get sidetracked here.
 Edited on Mon Jan-26-09 01:38 PM by higher class
A certain ratio of these men are innocent.

These men got there for one or more of the following reasons:

Reward money for reporting a terrorist - a neighbor or religious enemy turned them in.

Get able bodied men who were capable of presenting a risk to the intended pipelines we were going to build and operate to steal the oil.

Get able bodied men off the streets for fishing - imprison and/or torture them for pure fishing expedition purposes rather than use real intelligence. One reaons for not using real intelligence is the inability of our soldiers to speak the languages.

Get able bodied men off the street bacause they had enough muscle to hold a gun or throw a weapon.

Among the men, children, old men - a certain ratio were innocent and our country knows it.

The hate spreaders don't want them to go to prison because it means a court case or if not court case - continual demands to give them one.

There is the possibility that some of our military men may not be willing to be witnesses against the men after being the acutal torturers or simply being guard, cook, file clerk, IT person.

Correction: Our soldiers wouldn't be cooking - that's a job that would be outsourced to Halliburton, KBR, or new friend who would have been given a huge $$$$ contract with the stipulation that there be a kickback to pay for Blackwater or for a pay-off to a coalition partner.

Sorry, am getting angry here. I have absolutely NO respect for hate mongers and here I am - hating? them by reason of my contempt for their hypocrisy and actions?

These men are real human beings. Not animals. They are treated as animals as they don't want to believe that the U.S. is corrupt.

:bird: **** OFF AND DIE YOU COMMUNIST ****WAD

Winterblues  (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-26-09 01:43 PM
11. The terrorists that blew up the World Trade Center in 1993
 are all behind bars for the rest of their lives in Federal Prisons. Republicans haven't complained about them living "next door". Clinton got those guys, where is Bin Laden?

I don't know...............Sudan offered him to Clintoon twice and he didn't take him..............also had him in the sights more than once and didn't let em take him out.

SmileyRose (1000+ posts)      Mon Jan-26-09 01:51 PM
13. So who EXACTLY were the faces in the pics?
 1. IF Fux accurately reported the responses of those interviewed (a big IF remember this is Fux) then shame on them for knee jerking to a "no I don't want those as my neighbors" simply because of the middle eastern or Muslim look.

2. IF Fux was showing pics of men who are not suspected terrorists then I hope the men in the pics sue the everloving hog snot out of Fux.
3. Either way, Fux should be sued within and inch of it's existence. Even if Fux stipulated to the interviewees that the pics are of suspected terrorists and they replied "no I don't want them as my neighbors", and then Fux reported it as fear mongering of all middle eastern dudes then Fux should have it's ass sued or just flat out shut down by the FCC.

Should - won't - but should.

Just for those that missed it this morning..............the pictures shown were of known terrorist.  You see they were pictures of the 9/11 hijackers.  So all you dumbass liberals............**** OFF :bird:

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Peter3_1

Re: Fox Shows Photos Of Muslim Men
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »
I believe Hannity eventually graduated from college. He was on the 6+ year plan, as he was dirt poor and had to "earn to learn" , as a ditch digger, etc etc. Hannity's best  characteristic is in earning that degree the hard way.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 08:28:24 PM »
Oh so they're fine with dishonoring military service people killed in the line of duty by using pictures of them as political tools, but can't bear the sight of live male Muslims (who are in all likelihood enemy combatants)..

How mentally screwed up is that.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:31:25 PM »
Oh so they're fine with dishonoring military service people killed in the line of duty by using pictures of them as political tools, but can't bear the sight of live male Muslims (who are in all likelihood enemy combatants)..

How mentally screwed up is that.

You sure you aren't from the American South?  :cheersmate:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 09:33:03 AM »
just flat out shut down by the FCC.

Scratch a liberal, find a fascist.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Peter3_1

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 01:07:01 PM »
Sad to say, but the modern liberal is intollerant, ignorant (what's worse, it is willful ignorance) , and too ready to accept fascist enforcement of THEIR (AND no one elses) ideas.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 01:20:13 PM »
The pictures shown were from the guys who said of 9/11:  "Yes, we did 9/11 and are proud of it."  One was of Khalid Shiek Mohammed, the mastermind.  When these guys go off on the certainty of their innocence, my head almost explodes.  I would love, love, love it if these asswipes went down there for a goodwill tour.  I've already posted what the prisoners do with their bodily outputs. 

Evil thought alert:  I hope when we get hit again, these guys survive, but their families do not.