Author Topic: Playboy Pedro moves forward  (Read 683 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Playboy Pedro moves forward
« on: January 25, 2009, 05:13:57 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4813746

On my.

rudy23  (1000+ posts)       Mon Jan-12-09 12:13 PM
Original message

Suggesting we "move forward" and ignore Bush crimes is insulting to us still facing consequences

Isn't it a little like telling the family of a murder victim to "walk it off"?

We're still facing the economic consequences of the Enron presidency
We're still dealing with the very real consequences of the Iraq war
We're still living in the aftermath of Katrina
We're still living in a country where our journalists and politicians are openly spied on
Many people are still dealing with the consequences of the Bush DOJ
etc.

Sorry, many of us don't have the luxury of "moving forward" with smiles on our faces, ready to reach across the aisle to those who have no respect for constitutional law.

This is a pretty big bonfire, so only the Primitives of Prominence.

First up, Ms. Ed, the unappellated eohippus:

Horse with no Name  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-12-09 05:55 PM
Response to Reply #53

65. yep yep yep.

I choked down the bile this time when I cast my vote because I was convinced it was for the greater good--no matter how I felt personally. I was convinced that SS and Medicare would only be saved by Obama. Well guess what? They aren't.
I promise I won't do it next time. I will not have blood on my hands.

There are very very few public servants out there anymore...the majority are self-servants. I will not vote for another one of those in my lifetime. Change had better happen and it had better be progressive. If not, I will not support it and I do not stand alone in this.

I will no longer buy the guilt trip that republicans are worse than democrats--because the prelims are coming in and the answer is--no, they really aren't.

For the record, Ms. Ed had supported John Edwards in the Democrat presidential primaries, and she's not lying--not lying a rare aberration of hers--when she says "choked down the bile" when voting for 0bama.

And here's Playboy Pedro, who got drunk at a wedding reception and dunked his cellular telephone into the punch bowl:

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-12-09 02:31 PM
Response to Original message

11. I'm going to try that Republican/criminal approach if I ever get hauled before a judge.

But your honor...we need to stop dwelling on what WAS, and look forward to what could be. We need to stop looking back, we need to MOVE FORWARD and forget that I ever committed a crime or acted negligently in a way that hurt other people. Please, judge, who are you to judge? Let's move forward!

The sparkling husband primitive offers a fashion show from the commode in the basement:

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-12-09 05:21 PM

59. Wear this ..... you'll feel better ....... more a part of the cool kid crowd.

after which an image of some stupid cheerleading outfit

Wow.  A big bonfire, but only three Primitives of Prominence at it, the rest being the unterprimitiven, the faceless lynch mob, the amorphous blob, where no primitive really sticks out.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Playboy Pedro moves forward
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 05:23:45 PM »
The evil side of me takes great pleasure in knowing that dreams of prosecution for mythical crimes will haunt these empty headed loons for their entire lives. :-)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »
William Jefferson Clinton, Democrat, the 42nd president, remains the only modern president ever to be impeached.

:tongue:

That wasn't gloating, was it?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 01:04:43 AM »
Enron???  It was all unearthed and prosecuted under Bush, the scam was healthy and still growing under Clinton, IIRC.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 01:30:09 AM »
We all know the Republicans created those high winds known as Katrina.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 10:49:25 AM »
Atman  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-12-09 02:31 PM

11. I'm going to try that Republican/criminal approach if I ever get hauled before a judge.

But your honor...we need to stop dwelling on what WAS, and look forward to what could be. We need to stop looking back, we need to MOVE FORWARD and forget that I ever committed a crime or acted negligently in a way that hurt other people. Please, judge, who are you to judge? Let's move forward!

Hmm sounds more like the defense of a certain democratic president in the 90's.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.