Author Topic: Al Jazeera Breaks the Israeli Media Blockade - DUmp on Gaza  (Read 634 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Al Jazeera Breaks the Israeli Media Blockade - DUmp on Gaza
« on: January 06, 2009, 03:52:57 PM »
leftchick  (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-06-09 03:54 PM
Original message
Al Jazeera Breaks the Israeli Media Blockade
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4778183
Source: New America Media
New America Media, News Report, Shane Bauer, Posted: Jan 06, 2009 Review it on NewsTrust

DAMASCUS, Syria -- Throughout the 11 days of Israel's pummeling of Gaza, live coverage of the war hasn't made it into most American living rooms.

That's because Israel, America's staunch ally, isn't allowing journalists to enter Gaza while Al Jazeera, called anti-American and pro-terrorist by many in Washington, is the only network broadcasting live images from Gaza to the world.

The 350 reporters who descended on Israel when the conflict began are stuck at the border between Israel and Gaza. Israel says that opening border crossings to journalists would put their soldiers in danger, but many have accused them of trying to control the story. Instead of giving their viewers up-close pictorial evidence of what is occurring in Gaza, television networks have been restricted to showing their viewers plumes of smoke as they rise in the distance.

But Al Jazeera, the Qatari network that has previously undergone attacks and had its reporters arrested by the U.S. military, remains typically defiant. While other networks are increasingly severed from Gaza as phone lines are cut and 75 percent of the territory is without electricity, Al Jazeera is bringing its approximately 140 million English- and Arabic-speaking viewers live images of bombings, tanks rolling through Gaza's farmland, and interviews with civilians and aid workers inside Gaza city.

Read more: http://news.newamericamedia.org/news/view_article.html?...

Syria...the ones who supplied Hamas.

halo experiment (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-06-09 03:56 PM
Response to Original message
1. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the US media is censored to the truth
 The government won't have a repeat of Vietnam.

Stupid DUmmie. The Israelis are the ones...oh, wait. You retards think Israel is a puppet state of Neocon.

halo experiment (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-06-09 04:10 PM
Response to Reply #2
3. The corporatists have taken this planet over and it must be stopped.
 "People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."

halo is working for DUmmie of the year, 2009.

halo experiment (1000+ posts)        Tue Jan-06-09 04:39 PM
Response to Reply #5
6. I dont understand why they claim their soldiers are the reason
 When they have barred journalists from Gaza for months before this. The Israeli Supreme Court even had to rule on it, saying it was a violation and that Israel must allow them in. Israel then said they would allow I believe a pool of 12 in, but has yet to do so, and now they have a fresh excuse of "the soliders."

My question: Why were they not allowed in before this happened? Why did their courts have to even rule on it? What are they hiding?

halo is really gator's sock-puppet.

DU AdBot (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan 06th 2009, 04:46 PM
Response to Original message
Advertisements [?]

I think skammer's hammers are jamming adbot.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
Re: Al Jazeera Breaks the Israeli Media Blockade - DUmp on Gaza
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 03:59:09 PM »
I don't particularly care what the Israelis are doing to them. Those asshats have it coming......and then some.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 04:17:32 PM »
Anyone remember leftchick and/or halo experiment starting threads about Hamas launching over 300 missles into Israel over the last year or so? Or about how Hamas is the one who broke the latest peace accord? 

Anyone?  Bueller??

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 04:32:22 PM »
Anyone remember leftchick and/or halo experiment starting threads about Hamas launching over 300 missles into Israel over the last year or so? Or about how Hamas is the one who broke the latest peace accord? 

Anyone?  Bueller??

*crickets*
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 05:39:13 PM »
Anyone remember leftchick and/or halo experiment starting threads about Hamas launching over 300 missles per day into Israel over the last year or so? Or about how Hamas is the one who broke the latest peace accord? 

Anyone?  Bueller??

Fixord!!!

And no, not a single solitary leftard had anything bad to say about the missiles fired or about how the hamas and plo government use their people's suffering as a bargaining chip... in fact they think it is great.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 05:39:39 PM »
Dead silence from the short yellow bus crowd that is DU.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"