Author Topic: Republicans frightened Reid again. They planned to disrupt opening of Congress  (Read 815 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
AlinPA  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jan-06-09 09:42 AM
Original message
Republicans frightened Reid again. They planned to disrupt opening of new Congress.

Advertisements [?]
"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid yielded to Republican threats and agreed on Monday not to immediately seat fellow Democrat Al Franken, whose razor-close victory in Minnesota faces legal challenges.
Senate Republicans had planned to disrupt the opening of the new Congress on Tuesday by blocking Franken's swearing-in."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090106/pl_nm/us_usa_congre...
tekisui  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jan-06-09 09:43 AM
Response to Original message
1. Reid is worthless.
Jennicut  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jan-06-09 09:45 AM
3. We all know Reid is worth a bucket of piss so what else is new?

Hopefully Obama will not be afraid of these out of power losers.
mnhtnbb  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jan-06-09 09:47 AM
5. After 8 f*cking years of Bushie boy, who would have had to find   Updated at 7:36 PM

something else to f*ck up besides the US, Iraq, the economy, the environment...if only Al Gore
had been allowed to count all the votes in FL...you'd think the Dem leadership would get it.

Jeebus, but we need a Majority leader with spine.
mnhtnbb  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Jan-06-09 09:50 AM
7. You have to wonder if these guys threaten Dems with watching what planes they ride.   Updated at 7:36 PM

I wouldn't put it past them. They are such a$$holes. I hope there is a hell, so they can all get what they deserve.
link

Ah the sweet taste of the left's tears.  :-)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:11:19 AM by bijou »

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
You know, this utterly mystifies me.

I look at all of the Democrat U.S. Senators.

It looks to me as if Harry Reid is the best they have to offer.

There's no Democrat in the U.S. Senate with more leadership skills, and so the primitives should just sit down and shut up.  They've gotten the best they can get, and no one gets more than the best one can get.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
I feel sorry for the good people of Minnesota.  Should Franken end up getting in, he's a joke and worthless.  Even someone as incompetent as Reid knows that Franken is a net loss.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Harry Reid got Mitchslapped.  (Not my term--I got it from either Redstate.com or Michelle Malkin's website.)
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Harry Reid got Mitchslapped.  (Not my term--I got it from either Redstate.com or Michelle Malkin's website.)

But really, what Democrat in the U.S. Senate can be better than Reid?

He's the best the Democrats have.

I mean, the Democrat part of the U.S. Senate isn't exactly stocked with blue-ribbon talent.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
But really, what Democrat in the U.S. Senate can be better than Reid?

He's the best the Democrats have.

I mean, the Democrat part of the U.S. Senate isn't exactly stocked with blue-ribbon talent.

Coach, I think Dianne Feinstein would be a tough majority Leader.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Coach, I think Dianne Feinstein would be a tough majority Leader.

I think she'd be a tough left guard for the 49ers, too.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.