Author Topic: Number puzzle the unknowing primitive...  (Read 1044 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Number puzzle the unknowing primitive...
« on: January 05, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »
question everything  (1000+ posts)        Mon Jan-05-09 05:47 PM
Original message
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4771896
How important is "666" to DUers?

Yesterday someone posted what would have start a flame war. No link, the post itself is not the issue here. However, before it was locked, most of the responses commented that the post was the poster's 666th post. No comments about the content of the post, only about it being the 666th.

I have been under the impression that DUers in general do not place any religion with its symbols highly in their lives. Many polls and surveys showed the vast majority of DUers to be secular, or atheists, etc. And, of course, in general we realize how damaging to the country it is when the leaders base their decisions - or so they say - on what their "god" have directed them to do.

The only exception here has been for Obama to invoke Jesus on several occasions, to prove to the voters for whom it matter that he was not a Muslim.

So I am curious about such a fast reaction.

Perhaps what was true when we were 100,000 strong no longer hold when we are now 130,000.

Or, perhaps it shows how too often DUers do not react to the substance but to the form: was the poster a newbie? And, often, if the post is a story, to the author or to the publication instead of to the contents of the post.

Just puzzled.

New fire, few responses. No deep thoughts. Just DUmmies.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Number puzzle the unknowing primitive...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 05:12:34 PM »
No deep thoughts.

That describes the questionable primitive to a tee.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Zeus

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 05:17:46 PM »
New fire, few responses. No deep thoughts. Just DUmmies.

Jack handy may get some of his material off the dump but I don't think he posts there.  :uhsure:
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 06:49:09 PM »
Jack handy may get some of his material off the dump but I don't think he posts there.  :uhsure:

We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off to go fishing.  But we wouldn't be laughing that evening, when he'd come back with some whore he picked up in town - Jack Handey

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 06:53:24 PM »
We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off to go fishing.  But we wouldn't be laughing that evening, when he'd come back with some whore he picked up in town - Jack Handey

I think Jack got this one off the dump..........

"It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money."
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.