Author Topic: 0bamaite exploding Texan primitive demands that 0bama repress the press  (Read 844 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4630268

Oh my.

Texas Explorer  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 11:25 AM
Original message

Why does Obama tolerate attempt by the press to propagate scandal where he is concerned? Why doesn't he speak out about how AP, CNN, etc., continuously try to bring him down or spread false propaganda designed to scandalize him?

Well, speaking as a lifelong Republican, franksolich is more familiar with this spreading of false propaganda, than is the above primitive.  But the difference is, franksolich has never advocated that Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, Robert Dole, George Bush Jr., and John McCain repress the press.

Texas Explorer  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 11:56 AM
Response to Reply #3

12. The press conference was excellent. But as soon as it was over, MSNBC clearly stated that this was not going to go away.

Haha.  The Democrats, liberals, and primitives getting a taste of their own medicine.

But they're going to have to drink more than just a teaspoon; gallons of it, oceans of it.

Texas Explorer  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 11:54 AM
Response to Reply #6

11. Bullshit. 

I'm not talking about a "tantrum". Futhermore, Obama needs no "last refuge" and neither does he face being "destroyed by his own wrongdoing".

The news hacks are LYING to the American people. There must be some sort of recourse and if their isn't then Obama should begin talking about restoring the Fairness Doctrine and other regulations prohibiting this sort of false smearing.

Texas Explorer  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 12:04 PM
Response to Reply #13

14. WHAT ****ING INVESTIGATION? 

That's the stupidest thing I've read all day. The media doesn't INVESTIGATE a GOD DAMNED THING! They just make shit up!

Texas Explorer  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 12:41 PM
Response to Reply #20

26. They don't investigate. They write and read from scripts written in the HQ of General Electric.

It's going to be fun, watching the exploding Texan primitive.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

What goes around, comes around.

Shove that up your ass and smoke it, 0bamaite primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: 0bamaite exploding Texan primitive demands that 0bama repress the press
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:05:25 PM »
I don't think the media is trying to implicate Obama directly in the Blago scandal.  There are certainly peripheral and direct connections between the two in the story, that's what the media is reporting on.  Blago was supposed to appoint someone to fill Obama's seat, thus Obama becomes news.  I don't believe that Barack is dirty in this affair, he's too smart.  Blago & Michelle & others, maybe not so smart.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 12:53:16 PM »
My question to this D.A. would be whether he approved of the media overtly backing Obama in the election?  I'd venture that was just spiffy.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 01:11:57 PM »
The MSM is doing their level best to make sure that Obama is not involved in this scandal.

What planet are these people on?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 01:13:13 PM »
My question to this D.A. would be whether he approved of the media overtly backing Obama in the election?  I'd venture that was just spiffy.

I doubt Fitzgerald cared.  He seems more than willing to go after corruption regardless of party affiliation.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »
Err.. Ah.. Mistah Speakah! What did the President-Elect know, and when did he.. err.. ah.. know it?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 02:27:29 PM »
When the Barrackenfurher is sworn in, all the MSMs will belong to us!
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 03:16:01 PM »
The MSM is doing their level best to make sure that Obama is not involved in this scandal.

What planet are these people on?

You got that right.  The last story I heard they were trying to float was that some woman that Il Duce wanted to have his seat found out the Gov wanted something in exchange, withdrew her name, told Rahm, and he told Fitz.  They want to make themselves out to be the whistleblowers, and the MSM will play along.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 05:22:22 PM »
Texas Explorer  (1000+ posts)        Thu Dec-11-08 11:25 AM
Original message

Why does Obama tolerate attempt by the press to propagate scandal where he is concerned? Why doesn't he speak out about how AP, CNN, etc., continuously try to bring him down or spread false propaganda designed to scandalize him?

Funny how this doesn't concern them at all when it is a republican president that the media is propagating scandal upon.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 07:08:42 PM »
The media doesn't INVESTIGATE a GOD DAMNED THING! They just make shit up!

And sometimes they just cut and paste vapid speculation from DU and the Daily KOS.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 07:11:30 PM »
I doubt Fitzgerald cared.  He seems more than willing to go after corruption regardless of party affiliation.
Except when it leads to Richard Armitage.  Then he just investigates and investigates until he can trip someone up in a process crime.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 07:56:30 PM »
When the Barrackenfurher is sworn in, all the MSMs will belong to us!

Barrackenfurher

Excellent!....... :cheersmate:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 08:16:52 PM »
Silly DUmmies, the media lives off of sensation.  The conflict of the election is over and hence so is the positive news value of The Messiah, both houses of Congress belongs to the Dems so totally that the GOP is invisible, and the Supreme Court is newsworthy only at rare and brief intervals.  Dem scandals are all they have to sell papers, magazines, and airtime, so enjoy the ride that's about to start, asshats!
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »
Silly DUmmies, the media lives off of sensation.  The conflict of the election is over and hence so is the positive news value of The Messiah, both houses of Congress belongs to the Dems so totally that the GOP is invisible, and the Supreme Court is newsworthy only at rare and brief intervals.  Dem scandals are all they have to sell papers, magazines, and airtime, so enjoy the ride that's about to start, asshats!

They ain't seen nothin' yet.  Wait untill the Sleaze Factor gets so thick even the leaders of congress decide the Big Zero is too shit-covered to be worth risking their cushy careers to protect.  The Little Goons are going to be suicidal.

2010 is going to be a real drag for the DU idiots.  2012 will be their funeral pyre.  The Big Zero is a One-Term Wonder.

Remember how exhausting Bill Clinton was?  The Big Zero is NOT Bill Clinton and NO ONE is in the mood for another era spent making fools of themselves.