Author Topic: cboy4 primitive unsure  (Read 534 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
cboy4 primitive unsure
« on: December 11, 2008, 11:44:48 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4564932

You know, I finally noticed something.

The cboy4 primitive spends a lot of time hanging around the "gay" forum on Skins's island.

Usually I just follow a primitive around, not paying attention to where the primitive's at.

cboy4  (1000+ posts)        Sun Nov-30-08 11:51 PM
Original message

For all of you STILL unsure whether GAY is a CHOICE:

Here's some more information I found in the San Jose (CA) Mercury News:

I know for a fact there are some DUers who inexplicably feel human beings can determine their sexual orientation. I hear buzz words like "lifestyle," etc., etc.

So, I would like to help. And I would like to hear reasons if and why anyone still believes people choose to be gay.

I could live to be ah thousand, and still not understand this line of thinking.

But anyway...

Growing research suggests being gay is not 'a choice'
By Mike Swift
Mercury News

Compared with straight men, gay men are more likely to be left-handed, to be the younger siblings of older brothers, and to have hair that whorls in a counterclockwise direction.

Researchers are finding common biological traits among gay men, feeding a growing consensus that sexual orientation is an inborn combination of genetic and environmental factors that largely decide a person's sexual attractions before they are born.

Such findings — including a highly anticipated study this winter — would further inform the debate over whether homosexuality is innate or.....blahblahblahblahblah.....

Right away, there's trouble:

Name removed (0 posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 11:04 AM
Response to Reply #1

63. Deleted message

Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

yardwork  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 11:13 AM
Response to Reply #63

64. Genetic treatment to cure the gay? What a horrible idea.

I love myself the way I am. I don't want somebody to "cure" me. Life is not "difficult" for me because I am a lesbian, but because of the unfair laws against me.

Would you suggest that all darker-skinned people be "genetically cured" of the amount of melanin in their skin just because some people are racist?

The suggestion is appalling.

yardwork  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 01:54 PM
Response to Reply #64

95. Thank you, mods!

Zhade  (1000+ posts)      Wed Dec-03-08 12:46 AM
Response to Reply #64

183. Who the **** was that asshole?

PM me if need be.

You know, I don't trust the shady primitive; he's dishonest.

The other week he posted an opus to Skins's island, saying he was leaving.

He posted the opus in the morning, about breakfast time.

Then at the end of the bonfire, the shady primitive suddenly announced he'd "slept on it" "overnight," and decided to stay.

He posted that in late afternoon, about supper time.  Same day.

One wonders if lying's genetic.

JI7  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 12:00 AM
Response to Original message

10. Are there people on DU who think it's a choice ?

LostinVA  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 08:32 AM
Response to Reply #10

44. Oh yeah

Uh oh.  This is going to be good.

JackBeck  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 12:10 AM

14. Most of this type of research tends to be flawed.

I'll reserve my support until I examine the sample used to come to these conclusions.

Most research only includes white people.

Until it's shown that there is a significant representation of all races, I'll pass.

Bonn1997  (566 posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 06:33 AM
Response to Reply #14

41. How is race relevant?

Do you think homosexuality is not a choice for white people but is a choice for people of other races? I don't get it.

Terran  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 11:24 AM
Response to Reply #14

67. Sooo, you were thinking the results would be different for people of non-white ethnicities? Why exactly would that be? Especially considering the article points out that homosexual behavior is found in most non-human species that have been studied for it along with humans; that would tend to indicate a certain universality that goes far beyond merely human notion of race.

Other cultures may express/enact homosexual behavior differently from white people, that's certainly true; but it seems highly improbable that skin color would be a factor in the 'choice' issue.

bluedawg12  (1000+ posts)     Mon Dec-01-08 05:55 PM
Response to Reply #14

129. What is the genetic difference between the races? Is there a genetic marker?

uppityperson  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 10:20 PM
Response to Reply #14

153. What? This research is only true for white people? Did you miss the bit about other races?

Now here, the usually-sensible cboy4 primitive gets silly:

cboy4  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 01:58 AM
Response to Reply #16

29. It might be a choice? What, do these folks decide it would be kinda cool to join a group of minorities who are persecuted?

Can you elaborate why the, albeit a "very very few people" think it would be/is cool to choose to be gay?

I'm simply trying to understand why you think there are people who choose to be outcasts and subsequent candidates for discrimination.

To quote myself earlier, "WTF?"

You got Doug's ex-wife pretending to be Latina, the bird-smacking stoned red-faced primitive pretending to be Native American, the primitive woman bothered by cold weather pretending to be Samoan, and a whole slew of white primitives trying (and failing) to come across as being black primitives.  Not to mention all those American primitives trying to pose as Japanese or British or German or Canadian.

All the primitives want to be a "victim," and I'm truly saddened the usually sensible cboy4 primitive doesn't see that.

And then another spat, started by the hypochondrial frog primitive:

HypnoToad  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 09:07 AM
Response to Reply #22

54. You're in the ball park, but the home run is a bit more fundamental.

I already said it and alluded to it when responding to another, but the choice is in how we act on feelings.

An existential concept, it's no different how one chooses to enact on sexuality as it does their career choices, spending habits, and so on.

Of course, stark reality is boring and nobody can really attack it because there's no way to win, so qualifying the argument is the choice most people make when discussing these threads.  (I'm hardly immune either, but you're one of the very few who can actually think outside the box. And therefore an instant asset.)

bean fidhleir (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 10:03 AM
Response to Reply #54

57. You're comparing sexuality to spending habits and career choices?!?

You can't be serious, so I must have misunderstood and you meant something completely different, right?

mondo joe  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 10:55 AM
Response to Reply #54

62. Your post reveals a gross ignorance of the fundamental nature of sexuality in the human.

The only question is whether your ignorance is willful or not.

Now, I might be wrong, and someone please correct me if I am, but isn't the hypochondrial frog primitive gay too?

uppityperson  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 10:22 PM
Response to Reply #54

154. Do you mean how you act, what you do, rather than who you are?

You seem to be comparing what you might do (what type sex you like, top, bottom, side) and how you spend your money. Tell me you aren't comparing sexual orientation with career choice. Please.

The hypochondrial frog primitive doesn't give up:

terrya  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 08:53 AM

50. Being gay is not a choice.

Period.

HypnoToad  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 09:02 AM
Response to Reply #50

52. Yes, but enacting on feelings is a choice. And enacting on a choice does impact others around us.

HypnoToad  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 09:00 AM

51. It's not that people have the feelings, it's ENACTING ON THE CHOICE.

Regardless of persuasion, there is ALWAYS a choice.

Incidentally, it was a GLBT relative of mine who said the same thing. Try attacking me without involving her.

mondo joe  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 10:51 AM
Response to Reply #51

60. Like being hungry isn't a choice but eating is "enacting" on the choice.

gollygee  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 10:54 AM
Response to Reply #51

61. It's no more a choice to act on those feelings than for me to act on my feelings

I've been married for 10 years, I have one child, and I am expecting another. I did not have a choice to be straight, but I suppose I did have some level of choice in getting married to my husband and having sex with him.

Do you think that "enacting on the choice" is different or worse for someone who is gay than it is for me?

cboy4  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 01:37 PM
Response to Reply #51

93. You're a notorious drive-by poster who never responds to anyone who challenges your points of view.

So why should I or anyone else waste my time?

Right. We shouldn't.

Well now, the cboy4 primitive's forgetting that the hypochondrial frog primitive enjoys impeccable credentials on Skins's island; one would hesitate to call the hypochondrial frog primitive a "drive-by."  I don't know this for sure, but I suspect the hypochondrial frog primitive's been on Skins's island longer than the cboy4 primitive.

HypnoToad  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 09:04 AM

53. I'm a bisexual male who practices monogamy and relationship building.

Which is also why I'm single, but I've heard all the stereotypes and insults, so I won't be fazed by whatever pettiness people throw my way in this thread.

And, yes, I do 'prefer women' if I were to take a choice.

lionesspriyanka  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 05:18 PM
Response to Reply #53

115. how do you practice monogamy and relationship building without a partner or a relationship?

cboy4  (1000+ posts)        Mon Dec-01-08 03:26 PM
Response to Reply #98

109. Sexuality is not a choice for bisexuals.......They are wired in a way that they are sexually attracted to members of their sex AND the opposite sex.

Just like you're wired to be attracted to your opposite sex.

Bisexuals don't just sit down and say, I think I'm going to be attracted to both men and women.

It's like saying someone chooses to be left-handed.

Zhade  (1000+ posts)      Wed Dec-03-08 12:55 AM
Response to Reply #109

187. THANK you. As a pansexual, this fits me as well.

I knew there was a lot more shady about the shady primitive, than just his lying.

What the Hades is a "pansexual"?

Someone who copulates with frying pans?

More spittery and spattery:

rexthedestroyer (62 posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 10:40 PM

159. I am probably going to piss people off, but.....

I think womens sexuality is much different than men. While I don't think homosexuality is a choice for men (guys like the gender that gives them erections), but for women, I think it is much more fluid. I have known a handful of girls who were in serious lesbian relationships in the past and years later they are married with children and don't even want to talk about what they were doing in college. In fact, I think all women are bisexual. I know my ex girlfriend was (even though she claimed she wasn't).

Call me a troll, ignorant, phobic, what have you, this is just my opinion. With that said, I am not trying to stop anyone from living their lives.

gollygee  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-01-08 10:41 PM
Response to Reply #159

160. I'm not bisexual

So there's one that shoots down your theory. Although you seem to have declared yourself a greater authority on women than we women are, so I don't expect you'll believe me.

Oh my.  There's so much at this bonfire, but reels the mind, so I'll quit now.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
Re: cboy4 primitive unsure
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:01:37 PM »
What the Hades is a "pansexual"?
Ostensibly it means he or she will bang anything or anyone! Scary huh? :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline thundley4

Re: cboy4 primitive unsure
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 12:10:54 PM »
I'll say it once again. If it is determined to be genetic, then a cure may also be found.  When and if there is maybe an in utero test will be found and these suckers can be cured before they are born.