Author Topic: Amazing Minds---This is what you're up against ladies and gentlemen  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Amazing Minds---This is what you're up against ladies and gentlemen
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 06:59:34 AM »
Oh my.

The famous rabbit cage experiment from a couple of years ago.

That turned into a large campfire, ending with:

Redstone  (1000+ posts)      Sun Jul-16-06 10:23 PM
Response to Original message

316. You REALLY need to find a different hobby. Just friendly advice.

Lithos   (1000+ posts)       Sun Jul-16-06 10:32 PM
Response to Original message

317. Locking

This thread has become more personal than a discussion of it's content. It is probably best to relegate this to the archives for citation.

Lithos
DU Moderator
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 07:09:04 AM »
I remember that

:lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 07:11:10 AM »
Truly one of the "Best of the Best" of that ginormous "Think Tank" that is the DUmp! :shortbus:
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 07:16:47 AM »
I remember that

My personal favorite remains the Bostonian Drunkard's "24 business hours" bonfire.

It's still first place on Google, if one googles the term "24 business hours."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tnafbrat

• Mama D, Evil Queen and Resident Raghead
  • Don't make me get my flying monkeys
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 07:18:38 AM »
omg I'm glad I stay away from DU .... I'd lose my mind for sure  ::)
Never argue with idiots.  They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Buy me stuff and I'll be nicer!

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 09:54:40 PM »
Carefulplease (749 posts)      Sat Jul-15-06 02:52 AM
Response to Reply #299
311. Fine procedure for challenging the Titanic hoax.
 I have some doubts myself about the official explanation of the sinking of the Titanic. Such unprecedented breaking-in-half of a big boat due to ice alone smells of controlled demolition. Besides, Osama Bin Laden wasn't even born at that time. Who would have moved the iceberg right in the path of the Titanic? What is the probability of this slow moving ice mass getting right there in that precise spot of the ocean just when the Titanic sailed by?

The chances of this are one in 100000000000000000000000.

There were numerous reports of explosions before the sinking. There are also countless witness reports of gas bubbles. Only thermite could produce so many bubbles and melt enough ice to drown so many people. (The official explanation is that people drowned in seawater or died of hypothermia. This makes no sense. Sea water is salty and has so much buoyancy that it is impossible to drown in it. And if people had felt so cold despite being fully clothed, they would just have rubbed each other in the back and would have lit fires on floating rafts.)

I am currently challenging the official story with a scientific experiment. I am performing tests with a plastic duck and an ice cube in my bathtub. The duck wouldn't sink however hard it bumps the cube. Yet the steel of the Titanic was so much stronger than the plastic of my duck. As for the ice of the alleged "iceberg" well, ice is ice. Also, the ice often melts even before the duck gets in its path. The official story is clearly ridiculous. I might post pictures soon.

I'll try again tomorrow with a paper boat instead of a duck and I'll use more ice. I know my little Titanic will eventually sink. Then I'll learn something.

If we could get enough people interested, we could apply for a 10 million dollars grant and construct a more accurate model of the Titanic -- somewhere in between a plastic duck and a paper boat. If they would release the original blueprints of the Titanic and allow us to examine the original steel, our task would be greatly facilitated. But no, they even illegally let the iceberg melt. This is criminal destruction of evidence. They will not get away with it.

bwahahahahaah PWNED!

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 11:15:55 PM »

DU is a place where not once ounce of rationality exists. But it is great for unintentional comedy entertainment.
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 11:16:58 PM »
DU is a place where not once ounce of rationality exists. But it is great for unintentional comedy entertainment.

It's starting to not be funny anymore. These f'n idiots may be running the country pretty soon.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 01:05:50 AM »

It's starting to not be funny anymore. These f'n idiots may be running the country pretty soon.

Yeah. They and the politicians they support want this country to be just like China or North Korea.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 01:41:09 AM »
Here's the official website of the Titanic Truth Movement and the Internet movie that is taking the Internets by strom: Unfastened Coins:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=af07
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 08:38:59 PM »

Same here; I can do without deranged moonbats.

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 11:36:36 AM »
The Chicken Coop Fire Experiment has to be one of the Top 10 all time stupid threads at the DUmp. I laugh out loud every time I read the self important posts by those rocket scientists over there.

Folks, you just cant buy entertainment this good.  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »
I remember the burning rabbit cage experiment.

My homeowner's policy wouldn't cover teh damages because it has a clause statuing it was exempt from Acts of Dumbass.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 12:23:23 AM »
I remember that

My personal favorite remains the Bostonian Drunkard's "24 business hours" bonfire.

It's still first place on Google, if one googles the term "24 business hours."

No, that was Jason Leopold's claim, repeated by Wee Willy.  Leopold's prediction came on a Friday with a follow-up on Saturday with the original claim of just "24 hours" (which you can see in Wee Willy's post on DU here) after Friday afternoon.  When Leopold's critical error (i.e. the fact that no one will ever be prosecuted on a weekend) was caught, he retroactively added "business" to the claim, creating a hilariously nonsensical and conveniently vague phrase.  Well, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday passed with no indictment.  Thursday came and went - no indictment.  A full week passed as Leopold hid, likely trying desperately to come up with a way to save face.  Then lo and behold, weeks later came 06 cr 128, i.e. the infamous "Sealed vs. Sealed" indictment which Leopold quickly claimed was the Rove indictment.  What a boon!  His bullshit could continue unabated.  All he had to do was dodge the inconvenient question of why nothing was happening.  He could just point to 06 cr 128 and claim it was the Rove indictment.  Or so he thought.  Ironically and hysterically enough, the VERY NEXT DAY Fitzgerald stated that he would not be seeking charges against Rove.  Oopsies!  Thus, a hilarious comedy of blunders came to an end - mostly.  To this day, Leopold probably stands by his story and Pittstain and Marc Ash probably still believe him.  I haven't heard otherwise (of course, I stopped following the story after Fitzgerald pulled the football away from Leopold).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 12:25:21 AM by jinxmchue »

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2008, 01:55:54 AM »
Thanks, jinxmchue for posting the link to that thread. I forgot how funny it was.  :rotf:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline mondonico

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 09:30:08 PM »
Heh.  Remember when a fuel fire melted the steel rebar in a California freeway overpass?  Not so fast!

Fortunately, another Internet expert provided the following diagrams of the freeway incident to explain how fire can, in fact, melt and destroy the bearing capacity of steel:

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:34:24 PM by mondonico »

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 09:49:05 PM »
Heh.  Remember when a fuel fire melted the steel rebar in a California freeway overpass?  Not so fast!

Fortunately, another Internet expert provided the following diagrams of the freeway incident to explain how fire can, in fact, melt and destroy the bearing capacity of steel:

:lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: :rotf: :lmao: hi-five for that

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 09:58:09 PM »
So,  one must ask:

"Is fame more important than reputation?"

Which is to say, if you are famous throughout the internets and are used as a base reference is that a form of fame (Ok, infamy) and immortality?

And if you are used as an example of someone who is dumber than dirt and an example of exactly why idiots who know nothing about the subject matter should stay the hell off those internets, is that a bad thing?

The allure of the klieg lights -- a sign of mental retardation.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.