Author Topic: Michelle Malkin is fired up against McCain today  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Lauri

Michelle Malkin is fired up against McCain today
« on: January 30, 2008, 11:02:52 AM »
Despite his longtime alienation of the Right on countless issues, John McCain secured a solid win in a closed Florida Republican primary and is assuming the air of inevitability. Many pundits have been urging John McCain to reach out to conservatives (how novel that would be). In response, he made a small point tonight in his victory speech of emphasizing judges–an olive branch, apparently, in the aftermath of the Alito/Fund kerfuffle.

Well. We hear what he says now. But we know what he has done for years:

Insult the base, trash the base, and pay lip service to the base only when it suits his needs.

The declaration that he is the “conservative leader who can unite the party” is yet another smack in the face to those who have watched him reach out and slap conservatives time and again–and then run to the warm, gooey embrace of the liberal media. Is it too much to ask to nominate a Republican candidate who is not as openly and historically hostile to the Republican base as CNN and (McCain’s endorsers at) the New York Times are?

McCain’s open-borders supporters will declare that immigration is no longer a factor in this campaign. They so wish it to be so. (Right on cue, here’s Kennedy-fawning NYT columnist David Brooks dismissing immigration sniffily as “not a good issue for Republicans.”)

But the fact is that McCain was driven to play up his border security promises (however hollow they may be) and to start talking up attrition through enforcement.

That’s a small victory. But questions like this remain: How can McCain honestly reach out to conservatives when he defends his extremist campaign Hispanic outreach director who doesn’t believe in borders and when he boasts a national campaign finance chair and soft-money mogul who poured millions of dollars into the fight against English-language instruction in California, Planned Parenthood, and radical environmental fear-mongering groups?

We know that Juan Hernandez is McCain’s Hispanic outreach director.

Who is McCain’s conservative outreach director?

Hillary Clinton likes to say that whatever differences she and her Democrat opponents may have, “they pale in comparison” with the differences she and her Dem rivals have with the Republicans.

Can the Republican front-runner say that the differences between him and his GOP opponents pale in comparison with the differences between him and the Democrats?

The McCain=Hillary ad from the grass-roots conservative group Citizens United provides the disturbing answer.

Conservatives have core concerns about McCain’s trustworthiness, adherence to conservative ideology, and commitment to sovereignty that can’t easily be brushed off with glib answers about being the “straight talk” candidate. The problem is that the media chuckleheads who get to question the GOP candidates are as hostile and out of touch with the conservative base as McCain is. This monumental deficiency has been exposed repeatedly during the election-year “debates.”

Wouldn’t it be helpful to have at least one bona fide conservative questioner on the CNN debate panel tomorrow night when the GOP candidates meet at the Reagan Library? They made room for minority journalists when they broadcast minority interest group-sponsored debates. They made room for local journalists when they broadcast the Iowa caucus and NH primary debates. Why not someone at the GOP debate who actually knows and cares about what conservatives care about?

Too much to ask, apparently.

Last month, I asked readers: “Would you, could you, vote McCain?” How about now? At the moment, I’m with Rush: “I can see possibly not supporting a Republican nominee.”

Yes, the possibility is real. But we also have a long, long way to go.

With that in mind, I’m running a closed poll for registered MichelleMalkin.com commenters. (For those who can’t access the poll, I’m asking: Where do you stand with nine months to go until Election Day? If it’s McCain vs. Hillary in November, will you 1) Vote McCain; 2) Vote Hillary; 3) Stay home; or 4) Don’t Know.) I’ll post the results at the end of the day.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/01/30/john-mccain-vs-the-right-no-easy-peace/

Heard Michelle on Beck this morning and every caller after her (didnt hear the whole segment) was just absolutely furious with having McCain as the nominee..

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Michelle Malkin is fired up against McCain today
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 11:04:54 AM »
I gotta hand it to Malkin, she's great at calling B.S. - she's always a bit strident but she got this one right.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 11:09:05 AM »
This guy's campaign was all but dead eight months ago when he was shoving amnesty down our throats.  Now that he's tried to distance himself from it, the fawning MSM types, sensing blood in the water, can't get enough of him.

Michelle (and Ann Coulter) were right to be wary of him and call him out.

God I'm so embarassed to be from New Hampshire right now--the state that kept his momentum going (twice!)
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 11:36:15 AM »
This guy's campaign was all but dead eight months ago when he was shoving amnesty down our throats.  Now that he's tried to distance himself from it, the fawning MSM types, sensing blood in the water, can't get enough of him.

Michelle (and Ann Coulter) were right to be wary of him and call him out.

God I'm so embarassed to be from New Hampshire right now--the state that kept his momentum going (twice!)

the entire country was against his/their Amnesty Bill... i cannot believe people have forgotten that so quickly..

all i can think right now is that Florida is an aberration; maybe Dems caucased for McCain knowing full well the votes didnt count. it propels him forward and like Beck said earlier, 'they win either way; McCain and Hilary are both liberals'

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 12:02:11 PM »
I will NEVER vote for McCain, I will stay home first.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 12:05:33 PM »
NO NO NO NO NO NO!

As bad as McCain is, Hitler or Hussein will be a bazillion times worse.  And YOU and your ilk promise to put them there.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 12:08:24 PM »
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 12:08:43 PM »
NO NO NO NO NO NO!

As bad as McCain is, Hitler or Hussein will be a bazillion times worse.  And YOU and your ilk promise to put them there.

well, here is another option i heard this morning..

vote for Hilary and let her flame out for two years and we get another GOP stacked Congress..

at least give *her* the credit for being another Carter.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 12:09:28 PM »

Nice to see your priorities are in the right place.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Lauri

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 12:11:44 PM »
whats the point of the michelle picture?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 12:12:31 PM »
NO NO NO NO NO NO!

vote for Hilary and let her flame out for two years and we get another GOP stacked Congress..

Did you live through carter?  It ain't worth my life to make a political point.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 12:12:59 PM »
whats the point of the michelle picture?
She's cute. 

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 12:13:52 PM »
too bad that's not Michelle - ya'll know that was debunked right?

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lauri

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 12:17:57 PM »
NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Did you live through carter?  It ain't worth my life to make a political point.

I did ... I was a teenager and definitely dont know the full impact. I do remember long gas lines and the power problems during the hot summer.

We need a brokered convention, that's our best hope at this point unless Super Tuesday turns it around and gives more delegates to Romney.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 12:20:05 PM »

Buzzkill.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 12:21:23 PM »
 :-) oopsie!!!

Michelle is probably much prettier than the body they chose to photoshop her head on to. No offense to the girl in question...Michelle is cute as a bug without any help.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 12:22:04 PM »

Yeah, I know.  But it is a fun one.

Here's a real one from her website:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
^yep. cute as a bug all on her own.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 05:12:49 PM »

This election is not about the lesser of two evils, it is about which evil we will choose to endure for the next four years. Communism (Clinton) or Statism (any of the RINOs).
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 06:05:51 PM »

But this is

You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 06:13:04 PM »

But this is

is that you? I like Michelle... she's a firecracker.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 06:23:41 PM »
Yeah that's me.

I thought she was a moonbat at first..............I had one of those noticable reactions when the brain functioned. We were getting ready for our death march to counter the die in at the capitol
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 06:19:48 PM »
interesting... ive never been to a die in.

or a sit in.

:popcorn: