Author Topic: Ms. Ed doesn't give way on the left  (Read 655 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Ms. Ed doesn't give way on the left
« on: December 10, 2008, 04:14:59 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4622823

Oh my.

liberal N proud  (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 07:22 AM
Original message

Left-lane slowpokes drive you crazy?

In these days of longer commutes and simmering tempers, nothing seems to set off already-testy motorists like the left-lane camper -- the guy or gal who drives in the passing lane and bars faster drivers from easily passing. Web sites have cropped up to educate other drivers, or to vent. There's a (somewhat painful) YouTube song called "Keep Right."

Even bigwigs get frustrated. Pennsylvania Gov. Edward Rendell, weary of having his limo slowed down by such left-lane pokies, ordered an aide to have the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission install signs a few years ago reading "Keep Right, Pass Left. It's the Law."

And now some states are cracking down on left-lane campers, both to keep traffic moving and to tamp down the road rage that goes from zero-to-60 faster than ever before.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYo...

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 07:27 AM
Response to Original message

1. My commute home includes a left exit

So I drive in the left lane, especially when there is heavy traffic and changing lanes is dangerous. The rules change when highways are part of a city's rush hour traffic.

No one ever seems to remember these left exits when they complain about left lane drivers.

This is an enormous bonfire, nearly blazing out of control.

TheFarseer  (1000+ posts)      Wed Dec-10-08 07:32 AM

4. We usually don't have trouble with that

I can't say enough about Omaha drivers. The rest of the state is packed with idiots including Lincoln, but everyone in Omaha is always really good.

The farting primitive's lying.

Here in Nebraska, it's the Omaha drivers with the bad reputation.

I have no opinion on the matter; having driven much while living in rural Nebraska, in Lincoln, and in Omaha, it's always been my observation that Nebraskans from any part of the state with bumper-stickers coating the backs of their vehicles are the asshole drivers who think they own the road.

There's much primitive squibble-squabble about which state has the worst drivers.

I was looking for the skumbag primitive, the IanDB1 primitive, among whose lesser personal problems is his bad temperament when behind the steering wheel--one of his lesser personal problems, remember--but the skumbag primitive never showed up.

But Ms. Ed the unappellated eohippus did.

Horse with no Name  (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 09:22 AM

27. What makes me angry is when there are signs 5 miles back that there will be a lane closing and I have been positioned and sitting in the one that won't and people come speeding up the lane that everyone has abandoned expecting someone to let them in. I say **** them. I will not let someone in that does that. Their time isn't any more valuable than mine.

I am quite certain they should have read the signs at the same place I did and had plenty of time to plan for it.

Romulox (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 09:47 AM
Response to Reply #27

32. That means that the road is OPEN for 5 more miles

You cause traffic jams by attempting to "clamp" off the merge lane 5 miles prior to any lane closure.

Horse with no Name  (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 12:57 PM
Response to Reply #32

50. I can understand that

But when it gets to the last 1000 feet...you mean to tell me that they couldn't find an opportunity to merge?

After I have sat in the bottleneck for 15-20 minutes--they can sit their ass there waiting for a kinder person to let them in because I damn sure will not.

Kansas Wyatt (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 10:56 AM
Response to Reply #27

43. Drive in both lanes so they cannot get by.

I've seen and done it several times. It shuts people down from trying to butt in ahead of everyone else.

If one has the time and inclination, I'd suggest this bonfire as well worth dragging out the boat and rowing over to Skins's island to view in its blazing glory.

There's a lot of primitives angrily wiggle-waggling their armpits at each other, a lot of nasty little spats, so it's funny in a tickling way.

edited to replace "it's" with "its" because unlike Pedro Picasso, franksolich likes things to look professional and correct
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 04:29:04 PM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
Re: Ms. Ed doesn't give way on the left
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 04:26:09 PM »
Ahhhhh, now I get it.  Another lovable character trait of the dummies - they are the ones who slow everyone else down because it is up to them to make sure everyone follows the rules of the road. 

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 04:27:38 PM »
Quote from:
Horse with no Name

What makes me angry is when there are signs 5 miles back that there will be a lane closing and I have been positioned and sitting in the one that won't and people come speeding up the lane that everyone has abandoned expecting someone to let them in.

Why do that?  Do like the rest of us do; look ahead and spot an 18 wheeler and time it so when you get towards the road merging into one lane you can dart in front of the truck.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 04:35:30 PM »
Doesn't the OP know that driving faster burns more fuel, thus creating more greenhouse gasses and contributing to global warming? The left-lane a$$holes are probably just her follow environmentalist DUmmies.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »
I've seen truckers in Indiana block the left lane so that the merger can happen. Indianapolis has drivers that will continue to drive in the closed lane up til the last second, then swerve into the other lane. stopping traffic.
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!