Author Topic: twix primitive being a complete idiot  (Read 562 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
twix primitive being a complete idiot
« on: December 10, 2008, 03:54:46 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4625624

In case no one remembers, the twix primitive is in lower-level management of a Target (or something like that) discount store.  Floor supervisor, one suspects.

TwixVoy  (480 posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 04:07 PM
Original message

I swear to god people are complete idiots! WTF?

A few months back the company does a survey to find out what everyone thinks of the company benefits programs including the pension plan. Asking general questions like "Do you value the plan?" "Do you want the plan?" etc. This survey is done every year.

So today our company (major nation wide ratailer) announces effective next year the pension plan is DONE WITH for everyone because apparently enough idiots said it "wasn't valuable to them". WHO THE HELL SAYS FREE RETIREMENT MONEY ISN'T VALUABLE TO THEM???

Part of me thinks the company is full of sh**, but knowing how many idiots simply REFUSE to sign up for the 401K plan (which provides dollar for dollar matching, but is bad because it "takes their money") I can believe enough fools probably did say they didn't want it.

Seriously. Most of the people that took this survey make $8/hour and they said they didn't want the pension plan? I mean WTF? What are you going to do when you retire you fools? The pension plan costs you NOTHING. The company pays in to it 100% for you.

I am just so pissed because this effects me too and I actually valued the pension plan. What makes people go against their own interests like this? I mean is it just plain stupidity? I mean I can just not understand. This is another one of those WTF? moments.

MrsBrady  (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 04:09 PM
Response to Original message

1. the questions were probably just a cover

they probably had every intention of canceling it.

you think they "care" what their employees think....or their future?

simskl (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 04:10 PM

2. I think I agree with your assessment of bullshit, it sounds like they were hunting for an excuse to ditch the plan. It's become a new way to screw employees in order to boost the bottom line. Now watch for your CEO to get a nice fat bonus because of all the money he saved.

This kind of thing is not only becoming all too common it's become sickening.

BR_Parkway  (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 04:24 PM

3. If they were mostly part time and didn't qualify for the plan, then I can see why they marked "No value to them".

But like the other's said, the survey was probably done as cover so they could get rid of it anyhow, just make it look like they were only thinking of the employees.

TwixVoy  (480 posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 04:27 PM
Response to Reply #3

4. That's what pisses me off

they DID qualify for it. You didn't even have to be working full time. If you had been with the company just 2 years - even if you worked 10 hours a week - you still got the full pension benefit.

Question, however.

Isn't 0bama thinking about confiscating personal 401K and other retirement accounts, shoveling them into social security, anyway?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: twix primitive being a complete idiot
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »
TwixVoy  (480 posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 04:07 PM
Original message

I swear to god people are complete idiots! WTF?

Yeah , Idiots that doubtless make more than $8/hour running a company. Who's really the dumbass here ?

A few months back the company does a survey to find out what everyone thinks of the company benefits programs including the pension plan. Asking general questions like "Do you value the plan?" "Do you want the plan?" etc. This survey is done every year.

So today our company (major nation wide ratailer) announces effective next year the pension plan is DONE WITH for everyone because apparently enough idiots said it "wasn't valuable to them". WHO THE HELL SAYS FREE RETIREMENT MONEY ISN'T VALUABLE TO THEM???

People that have the intellect to realize that nothing is "free" possibly.

Part of me thinks the company is full of sh**, but knowing how many idiots simply REFUSE to sign up for the 401K plan (which provides dollar for dollar matching, but is bad because it "takes their money") I can believe enough fools probably did say they didn't want it.

Seriously. Most of the people that took this survey make $8/hour and they said they didn't want the pension plan? I mean WTF? What are you going to do when you retire you fools? The pension plan costs you NOTHING. The company pays in to it 100% for you.

I am just so pissed because this effects me too and I actually valued the pension plan. What makes people go against their own interests like this? I mean is it just plain stupidity? I mean I can just not understand. This is another one of those WTF? moments.

You are too stupid to understand, which is why you are going to be stuck at $8 / hour for the rest of your miserable life.

MrsBrady  (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 04:09 PM

1. the questions were probably just a cover

they probably had every intention of canceling it.

you think they "care" what their employees think....or their future?

You think the company should care what their $8/h employees think ?

What these employees think is entirely irrelevant, what is relevant is that they do their jobs in a professional manner as directed.