Author Topic: unemployed primitives offered jobs  (Read 939 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
unemployed primitives offered jobs
« on: December 10, 2008, 03:47:58 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4622809

Oh my.

Since when did Skins's island become a help-wanted agency?

That's certainly novel.

Waiting For Everyman  (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 07:15 AM
Original message

Unemployed DUers: Jobs, lots of them. 

The U.S. 2010 Census is HIRING lots of people right now, everywhere. Local "hub" offices are being staffed, and temporary canvassers are being hired in LARGE NUMBERS through the same test. Paid training for the canvassers (that's updating of addresses for the mailing next year) will begin in a few weeks, with work beginning soon afterward, and the pay rate isn't bad. In my area it's $15.50 per hour, which is way above most available jobs right now (about $10 here). Some areas are a little higher or lower. It's 20 to 40 hours per week, flexible. Canvassing will be 10 weeks, and next year they'll go back and fill in surveys. Instead of the usual lengthy Federal hiring process, this is streamlined and much quicker. My local office is hiring 1100 people immediately. I know it's short-term but temporary beats nothing. And it's Federal, under the Commerce Dept.

There's an automated toll free number for information... (866)861-2010. Or see the link below...

http://www.census.gov/2010censusjobs/index.php

Click "Documents" on the left for a practice test and application. Managers are also being hired too ($20+/hr.). For that, find the page for your region of the country and look for something that says "Early Local Census Jobs". The office jobs will last two years. Some areas also may have "Telephone Interviewer" positions in the regional call centers. Go to usajobs.gov and search to see about that.

apocalypsehow  (1000+ posts)      Wed Dec-10-08 04:20 PM
Response to Original message

27. I've got a job offer in Estonia that I'm seriously considering. Even worth giving up tenure.

Always a funny guy among the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: unemployed primitives offered jobs
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 04:28:13 PM »
Can't expect a DUmmie to actually work for their living. That's like expecting them to think before opening their mouth...

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 04:32:15 PM »
the job is Estonia may well be a reverse "Russian bride" type job...

:drool:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »
I could see some of the more ambitious DUmmies taking these type of jobs.  The same ones that would be willing to work for ACORN and fill out, (forge) the paperwork from the comfort of their basement lairs.  :fuelfire:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 04:52:38 PM »
the job is Estonia may well be a reverse "Russian bride" type job...

:drool:

Well, at least they don't have to worry about it being a sex slavery ring, they're too damned ugly for it, even by the lowest standards.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »
Well, at least they don't have to worry about it being a sex slavery ring, they're too damned ugly for it, even by the lowest standards.

You're assuming that the sex would be with humans . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 06:14:41 PM »
Good for the DUmmy who posted that.  For all the bitching and moaning the DUmmies do about the economy, at least one of them is giving them hope for a job.

Not that any of them will take him/her/it up on the offer, nor could many of them pass the requirements, but I do give kudos to the OP for at least posting the thread.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline lizard

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 11:00:18 PM »
Most DUmmies expend more physical energy avoiding work than it would actually take to do many jobs.   :mental:

Offline HACKSAW

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 11:02:11 PM »
The old joke about starving a DUmmie by hiding their food stamps under their work boots comes to mind.  :fuelfire:
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.