Author Topic: Doug's ex-wife becomes a chew toy  (Read 1002 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Doug's ex-wife becomes a chew toy
« on: December 10, 2008, 02:00:34 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x7967400

Oh my.

babylonsister  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-09-08 03:10 PM
Original message

Should liberals be disappointed in Obama so far? Angry? Absurd. They should be thrilled.....babblebabblebabblebabblebubble.....

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-09-08 03:13 PM
Response to Original message

2. Why are is there such an effort directed at getting "liberals" to disengage?

It's anti-democratic and somewhat perverse given that Obama himself has conceded that he was not born in a manger and, that he needed "our" help.

Has he changed is mind on this?

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-09-08 03:47 PM
Response to Reply #5

21. If the "left" is being deployed as a back fire to delay the right wing attacks that we all know are coming -- to keep the right "wrong footed" -- good. But being a chew toy is not what a lot of us signed up for.

The 0bamaite cali primitive chews on Doug's ex-wife:

cali  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-09-08 03:16 PM
Response to Reply #2

6. The author isn't attempting any such thing. And he's decidedly a liberal himself.

Funny how you feel it neccessary to try and shut up those you accuse of trying to shut up the left.

As for your silly comment about Obama, that really doesn't deserve any response. It's far too lame.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-09-08 03:45 PM
Response to Reply #17

19. The premise of the article is that liberals shouldn't feel what they are feeling.

I enjoy Obama as much of any of you. Good god! I usually can't even get through one of his most mundane statements without tearing up AND laughing out loud.

But, there is this effort out there (here) on The Internets to stifle people, to make them feel wrong or stupid. And, that's counter-productive. That's not how consensus is built or maintained.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-09-08 03:42 PM
Response to Reply #13

18. That's even may be true to an extent. There have been pretty emotional posts
here, ultimatums where, the poster could have asked for more information before swearing off Obama.

But, this is the internets and people have their own style of communicating. Everyone can't be me. lol

But, there are very legit questions to raise about Obama's choices, too.

They all get lumped together and that's not useful. That's just a totalizing of our discussion into freeperish shit flinging.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-09-08 03:53 PM
Response to Reply #4

22. Obama is transiting into power. And I sincerely hope that he's able enough to manage civil feedback from the left. He gives every indication that he is.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-09-08 04:07 PM
Response to Reply #23

26. No kidding. I'm more afraid of BushCo in their last days if anything.

Well, there's still time to impeach.  Not much time, but some.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-09-08 04:39 PM
Response to Reply #31

33. There's nothing hidden about it.

He's lumping people who do exaggerate and all that with everyone who isn't -- just as our friend did earlier this morning here. Both of the writers I refer to do the same thing: invalidate all your critics and call them Howard Dean scream nuts -- as the truly special cases are, so you can dismiss them.

That's a mistake.

You know, calling thoughtful engagement "knee jerking" is a cop out. There may be jerking knees out there, but everyone on "the left", the new redheaded ghetto of the Democratic party, is not knee jerking when they bring up concerns or objections.

And I'm sort of surprised that you don't see how this is going down.

sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-09-08 04:55 PM
Response to Reply #34

35. McToast was never going to win, thank god.

And Obama is the president elect. His administration doesn't start on 1/20. It started the moment he began to form it on 11/5.

Relentless anything is hard to take, I agree wholeheartedly. So is the STFU line and how ubiquitous it is, even to the point where people don't even recognize it any more. It's just become normal for liberals to be trashed in the press as a frame. How did that happen?

Hmmm.  More evidence that Doug's ex-wife reads franksolich.

That word, in bold, above; Doug's ex-wife's never seen it before unless she reads franksolich.

Case closed.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline thundley4

Re: Doug's ex-wife becomes a chew toy
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 02:23:33 PM »
quote: sexlesspat I enjoy Obama as much of any of you. Good god! I usually can't even get through one of his most mundane statements without tearing up AND laughing out loud.

How the hell do you enjoy a person?   To be fair though, I do agree with the part about not being able to listen to him without laughing out loud.  :tongue:

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 04:55:30 PM »
Ya know everytime I read one of her posts I think how deleriously happy Doug must be now that he's free of her incessant nagging! :-) Makes me smile!
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 07:15:40 PM »
sfexpat2000  (1000+ posts)        Tue Dec-09-08 03:45 PM
Response to Reply #17

19. The premise of the article is that liberals shouldn't feel what they are feeling.

I enjoy Obama as much of any of you. Good god! I usually can't even get through one of his most mundane statements without tearing up AND laughing out loud.

But, there is this effort out there (here) on The Internets to stifle people, to make them feel wrong or stupid. And, that's counter-productive. That's not how consensus is built or maintained.

Ummm...

They make you feel wrong and stupid because you ARE wrong and stupid. You dunderhead.

Who the hell wants concensus with an idiot who is wrong?

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 11:33:05 PM »

Ohh -- YECHHH!!!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 11:53:40 PM »

Ohh -- YECHHH!!!

Naw! Ya just have to think of her as your dog's chew toy!!!  :-) :-)
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 04:28:03 AM »
Naw! Ya just have to think of her as your dog's chew toy!!!  :-) :-)

Ummm . . . you'd hafta have a pretty desperate dog, then.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.