Author Topic: Breaking News: U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Is 'Senate Candidate No. 5,' Law Enfo  (Read 854 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
maddezmom   (1000+ posts)        Wed Dec-10-08 12:01 PM
Original message
Breaking News: U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Is 'Senate Candidate No. 5,' Law Enforcement Sources Tell
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Wed Dec-10-08 12:02 PM by maddezmom
Source: ABC

Chicago Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL) is the anonymous "Senate Candidate #5" whose emissaries Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich reportedly claimed offered up to a million dollars to name him to the U.S. Senate, federal law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

The politician says he is not a target of the Blagojevich investigation.
According to the FBI affidavit in the case, Blagojevich "stated he might be able to cut a deal with Senate Candidate 5 that provided ROD BLAGOJEVICH" with something "tangible up front."

Jackson Jr. said this morning he was contacted yesterday by federal prosecutors in Chicago who he said "asked me to come in and share with them my insights and thoughts about the selection process."

Jackson Jr. said "I don't know" when asked if he was Candidate #5, but said he was told "I am not a target of this investigation."

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/ConductUnbecoming/story?i...

Raskolnik (1000+ posts)      Wed Dec-10-08 12:05 PM
Response to Original message
2. Damn. I hope the "emissary" was acting without authority and without JJJ's knowledge.
 But that might be hoping against hope. 
Sebass1271  (968 posts)      Wed Dec-10-08 12:12 PM
7. if the is NOT the target of this investigation then, WHO IS 
 the target? they have started folks.. the Feds, big corporations, republicans have started with their Whitewater War #2
Bette Noir (894 posts)     Wed Dec-10-08 12:29 PM
Response to Reply #9
14. National co-chair? I never heard of Blago before yesterday.
 He wasn't given a spot at the Convention, nor was he invited to the acceptance speech in the park. It looks more to me as if Barack has been snubbing him for months. I don't see how it taints Barack that someone who called him an m-f-er turns out to be dirty. Heck, the tapes reveal that Barack refused to play along with Blago's dirty scheme, so f-'em.
QuestionAll  (1000+ posts)      Wed Dec-10-08 12:27 PM
12. triiple-j was only playing along to perform his own investigation, to try and nab blago himself...
 i'm guessing... 
:rotf:

DU AdBot (1000+ posts)      Wed Dec 10th 2008, 12:46 PM
Advertisements [?]

Want More From Your Life?
Explode Your Income In 20-Hr Week Feel Retired Now-Take Action!
JoyfulWealth.com

Vinnie Jones
Star Vinnie Jones in bar brawl. Watch CCTV footage here at The Sun
www.thesun.co.uk/news

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3639415#3639416

The results of Jesse's investigation will be revealed in 24 business hours.  :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oh my.

When I was wandering around Skins's island this morning, finding it barren and the primitives sleepily lethargic, I sort of had a gut instinct they'd be aroused some time today.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oh my.

When I was wandering around Skins's island this morning, finding it barren and the primitives sleepily lethargic, I sort of had a gut instinct they'd be aroused some time today.
Ohhh, aroused DUmmies.  Anybody got any brain-Clorox I can borrow?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Ohhh, aroused DUmmies.  Anybody got any brain-Clorox I can borrow?

Give the furor some time to develop.

It's only noon central time; many primitives haven't gotten up yet to see the news.

I'll be back in a bit, about the same time the primitives start wiggle-waggling their armpits at each other in a frenzy of fear and Hate and, inevitably, contradictions.
apres moi, le deluge