Author Topic: Man Made Global Warming Proved beyond Doubt  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
Man Made Global Warming Proved beyond Doubt
« on: December 10, 2008, 11:36:24 AM »
Thousands Negotiate New Climate TreatyBy Arthur Max, The Associated Press

posted: 10 December 2008 09:07 am ET
POZNAN, Poland (AP) — Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task — proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Now they have to figure out just what to do about it.

"It is critical for us to get a much better understanding of the impact of climate change in some parts of the world," Rajendra Pachauri, chairman of the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, told The Associated Press in an interview Tuesday.

Scientific warnings of potential catastrophe have been the backdrop for talks among more than 10,000 delegates and environmentalists negotiating a treaty to control the emission of greenhouse gases, which have grown by 70 percent since 1970. The treaty, due to be completed in one year, would replace the Kyoto Protocol, which expires in 2012.

http://www.livescience.com/environment/081210-ap-climate-treaty.html

I just read the whole damn article................please everyone read it and see if you come to the same conclusion that I did  :banghead:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Man Made Global Warming Proved beyond Doubt
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 11:40:46 AM »

http://www.livescience.com/environment/081210-ap-climate-treaty.html

I just read the whole damn article................please everyone read it and see if you come to the same conclusion that I did  :banghead:

Here's a comment following the article:
Global warming is the only “scientific” field where you can prove your work by voting it in.

:rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 11:40:55 AM »
Priceless............

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=2158072e-802a-23ad-45f0-274616db87e6

UN Blowback: More Than 650 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims
December 10, 2008

Posted by Marc Morano – 9:36 AM ET - Marc_Morano@EPW.Senate.GOV

Study: Half of warming due to Sun! –Sea Levels Fail to Rise? - Warming Fears in 'Dustbin of History'    

POZNAN, Poland - The UN global warming conference currently underway in Poland is about to face a serious challenge from over 650 dissenting scientists from around the globe who are criticizing the climate claims made by the UN IPCC and former Vice President Al Gore.  Set for release this week, a newly updated U.S. Senate Minority Report features the dissenting voices of over 650 international scientists, many current and former UN IPCC scientists, who have now turned against the UN. The report has added about 250 scientists (and growing) in 2008 to the over 400 scientists who spoke out in 2007. The over 650 dissenting scientists are more than 12 times the number of UN scientists (52) who authored the media hyped IPCC 2007 Summary for Policymakers.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 11:42:24 AM »
Here's a comment following the article:

I read that   :lmao:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 11:44:31 AM »
I read that   :lmao:
Remember, science once told us the earth was flat and anyone that did not agree was a heretic.  They're still trying to tell us we arose from goo.
 :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 11:45:30 AM »
from the second news story

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.” - Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.   

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical.” -  Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology  and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”   

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.” - UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 12:15:51 PM »
All you have to do to know that GlowBalls Warming is BS watch the ramp-up of BS when dissention raises it's ugly head.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 12:18:01 PM »
"It is critical for us to get a much better understanding of the impact of climate change in some parts of the world,"

proving beyond a doubt

Errrrr...... :thatsright:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 12:25:37 PM »
Wanna know how I know that the article is bullshit?

(and yes, I read the whole thing)

U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

'Nuff said.

The U.N.'s sole function is to attempt to justify itself.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 12:31:33 PM »
From everything, I've read , this crap is just another lefty attempt to redistribute wealth on a GlowBull scale. If they really cared about the earth itself, then they'd want all CO2 emissions stopped. Do they? Hell no, they want the wealthier nations to cut back and assist the poorer nations in creating more.  :censored:wads

Offline EastFacingNorth

• Math Geek
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 03:57:05 PM »
Of course, Descartes demonstrated that the ONLY thing which can be proven "beyond doubt" is cogito ergo sum.

Still, even lowering the standard a bit (say to mathematical certainty) I know damn well that they've proven nothing "beyond doubt."
Taxation if and only if Representation.

The Founding Fathers only got it half right.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 04:01:10 PM »
None of these clowns want to address the fact that the polar ice caps are melting,
The Ones on Mars.  :banghead:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 04:16:33 PM »
Remember, science once told us the earth was flat and anyone that did not agree was a heretic.  They're still trying to tell us we arose from goo.

The Scientific Method has come quite some distance since the "flat Earth" days.  AGW does NOT use the Scientific Method to arrive at its conclusions.  It started from thr\e endpoint and then consumed dollars until it hit on its so-called "theory."  (AGW meets exactly zero true scientific criteria -- for example, I have yet to see how AGW is falsifiable).

To link bad science with bad history is like linking the absence of evidence of Dragons to absence of evidence of Moses.  It is a mere strawman.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 04:19:12 PM »
None of these clowns want to address the fact that the polar ice caps are melting,
The Ones on Mars.  :banghead:

******* Martians!

[youtube=425,350]IgUXmiQFHN4[/youtube]

Uuu-lahhh, baby!

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 04:54:35 PM »
Of course once they can prove something "beyond a doubt" the vultures come out to feed

Science paves way for climate lawsuits

* David Adam and Afua Hirsch
    * The Guardian, Tuesday December 9 2008

People affected by worsening storms, heatwaves and floods could soon be able to sue the oil and power companies they blame for global warming, a leading climate expert has said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/dec/09/oil-business-climate-change-flooding

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 04:58:12 PM »
Well in a way we kinda did!.....Thanks DAD! :thumbs:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 07:28:58 PM »
From deeper in the comments section:

Most of the environmental cultists will reverse their position on CO2 once they realize that higher levels in the atmosphere causes marijuana to grow faster.
 :rotf:
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline lastparker

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 09:56:04 AM »
One sleepless night, I tuned in to a Discovery Channel show that told me the Earth is moving closer to the sun because of gravitational pull, and in 5,000 years, we'll all be dead.

Made a lot more sense to me than "greenhouse gasses".  Then I started trying to mathematically calculate how many generations after me could be born before armageddon, and I was fast asleep in no time.
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS