Author Topic: The Straight Story's woes continue  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
The Straight Story's woes continue
« on: December 04, 2008, 02:20:57 PM »
What's next, dog dying? :whatever:

The Straight Story (1000+ posts)
Thu Dec-04-08 01:55 PM
Original message
My dad got laid off today

He is 73, and they said his insurance ends at midnight tonight. And as an added kick he got a Christmas card from the company in the mail today....

So I am out of work and struggling here, now dad is too, and my brother may get the axe (he worked with dad) when he goes back to work on Monday (He is off this week as he had surgery on a tumor on his back, still awaiting the test results on that).

Stressed out, broke, personal issues, holiday season is sucking major ass this year.

arrrgh!

I'm calling  :bs:, this is too much to believe.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 02:25:23 PM by Ralph Wiggum »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: The Straight Story's woes continue
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 02:38:29 PM »

So, ya boy went over to mooch off the fundie father he hates ?

My my.

That father should not be working at 73.  His good for nothing son should be helping him.  I doubt any of it's true.

I smell a major fundraising attempt.

Why is he posting on the DUmp ?  Why isn't he out looking for a job ?

Funny, no matter how bad off Ol' Straight Story is he manages to keep the DUmmies updated.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 02:46:38 PM »

So, ya boy went over to mooch off the fundie father he hates ?

My my.

That father should not be working at 73.  His good for nothing son should be helping him.  I doubt any of it's true.

I smell a major fundraising attempt.

Why is he posting on the DUmp ?  Why isn't he out looking for a job ?

Funny, no matter how bad off Ol' Straight Story is he manages to keep the DUmmies updated.

I don't think anyone should dictate when someone else shouldn't be working because of age. That is the individuals choice. That being said by the time someone is 73 there are very few reason why financially one should have to still be working.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 03:07:13 PM »

That's really what I meant.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 03:15:51 PM »
What's next, dog dying? :whatever:

I'm calling  :bs:, this is too much to believe.

It's generally a good call with him, his stories are usually anything but straight.  Not in TiT's league, of course...

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 03:30:53 PM »
Insurance would end at the end of the month, at least here it would since we pay on a monthly basis.  Then his father could get COBRA for 18 months.
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Zeus

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 03:42:47 PM »
Insurance would end at the end of the month, at least here it would since we pay on a monthly basis.  Then his father could get COBRA for 18 months.

The downside to COBRA is it's usually unaffordable,unless you had crappy insurance coverage to begin with. It does open a persons eyes to the amount the employer was covering though.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 04:10:28 PM »
At 72, wouldn't he be covered by Medicare?

This is just getting silly.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 04:44:39 PM »
At 72, wouldn't he be covered by Medicare?

This is just getting silly.

Yep and as Mia pointed out any insurance would carry through the term for which the premium has been paid,most likely the end of the month at least.
Is there any health insurance company that doesn`t drop one from its full plan to a supplimental one at the age of 65 when Medicare kicks in.
I thought that was standard practice with companies,no?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 06:42:03 PM »
Chris and Carl, remember the Coach's First Rule of the Primitives:

DUmmies lie.  All the time, DUmmies lie.

Therefore, TSS' story is anything but straight.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 07:13:15 PM »
I don't think anyone should dictate when someone else shouldn't be working because of age.

It's a safe assumption chances are a person working at 73 is not excercising a choice - unless he is in congress.

That is the individuals choice.

We like to think so.

That being said by the time someone is 73 there are very few reason why financially one should have to still be working.

I agree.  But Little Goons lie all the time.

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 07:20:46 PM »
I guess those checks TSS was hoping to get from last weekend's life catastrophes and whines didn't come by today so I guess we can predict that things will get even worse for him over this weekend. 

This guy is a piece of work. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 09:10:55 PM »
Next series of posts by TSS will include hair loss and onset
of leprosy.  :loser:

Offline Baruch Menachem

• In a handbasket, heading to a warm destination
  • do the best you can with what you can
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 11:27:39 PM »
I would have thought after the andyscam, they would have learned a thing or two.

Of course, Andy really was sick. :thatsright:
An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist sees the glass as half empty, an engineer sees that there is twice the glass required to contain the beer

My name is Obamandias, King of Kings, 
  Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 12:02:04 AM »
I would have thought after the andyscam, they would have learned a thing or two.

Of course, Andy really was sick. :thatsright:

This is absolute BS! Any idiot who thinks you cannot get health care for any ailment you might run up against, is an asshole!

I know for a fact, you will get someone to help you out no matter your financial stature.

I know this from when I was in the hospital. While I was in for my second surgery, I guy was actually admitted to the room where I was a resident with a broken neck. Seems he and his buddies were playing "All Star Wrestling" on his buds front porch. One of his companions "chucked" him off the porch! Unfortunately, he landed head first into the driveway! Bummer, DRAG!

Turns out he had a spiral fracture in a vertebrate in his neck!

This putz had absolutely no insurance, no job, no ****in' money!

All they did was, come in, take his info, and set him up with one of the finest neurosurgeons in the state! All for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like one of these DIpshits from the DUmp to explain to me how we need "more" government health care!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!