Author Topic: primitive bug-boy has lost faith  (Read 1063 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
primitive bug-boy has lost faith
« on: December 04, 2008, 01:45:52 PM »
Quote from:
mike_c

Obama's equivocation on the Iraq war has shattered the last of my faith in the democratic party.

I'll admit, I've not been a stalwart party supporter since the Clinton years when I began to feel a strong disjunct between my liberalism and the nation's direction. Still, I had hopes for the democratic party, and as a liberal, I really wanted some political representation. It's not just that the democratic party ignores liberals-- the truth is far worse. The party uses us, then betrays us. It asks us to support democratic candidates and political agendas, but it never reciprocates. Not in my lifetime, at least, and I've been paying attention since I began voting in the early 1970s.

We've been used again. Now we're being betrayed.

more...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4586722

Once again, if you idiot libs (pardon the redundancy) had been paying attention to us, we could have told you that you're nothing but speeple to be used as your leaders see fit.

But fear not.  In 2010 and 2012, you'll enter the voting booth knowing they're going to use you and betray you ...... again.  But you'll vote for them anyway.

Small fire.  Looks to be growing.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: primitive bug-boy has lost faith
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 01:53:35 PM »
Heh...my old buddy Mike_C  :bird:

His hopes for a change in the Democrat Party to mirror the political leadership of France circa 1940 are dashed yet again.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Tantal

• Right Wing Hardliner
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 02:52:53 PM »
He shouldn't fret much. Maybe the Messiah's new health care plan will cover therapy for Battered Voter Syndrome.
Never demand that which you are incapable of taking by force, DUmmie.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »
Played and betrayed, the story of your life, eh Bug-sucker?

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 05:06:08 PM »
It amuses us when they get their hopes crushed like the tin foil hats they wear.  :fuelfire: Thier pain is our pleasure.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 05:10:50 PM »
It amuses us when they get their hopes crushed like the tin foil hats they wear.  :fuelfire: Thier pain is our pleasure.

Indeed it is, my good Airwolf, indeed it is!

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 05:16:34 PM »
mike_c

Obama's equivocation on the Iraq war has shattered the last of my faith in the democratic party.

I'll admit, I've not been a stalwart party supporter since the Clinton years when I began to feel a strong disjunct between my liberalism and the nation's direction. Still, I had hopes for the democratic party, and as a liberal, I really wanted some political representation. It's not just that the democratic party ignores liberals-- the truth is far worse. The party uses us, then betrays us. It asks us to support democratic candidates and political agendas, but it never reciprocates. Not in my lifetime, at least, and I've been paying attention since I began voting in the early 1970s.

We've been used again. Now we're being betrayed.

more...

http://www.democraticunde...l&address=389x4586722

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »
The threads up to 269 posts.

Here's one exchange, and I'm surprised the poster hasn't been bounced.

Quote from:
Pastiche423

64. I began having niggling feelings about Obama during the primaries. Those tiny hairs at the back of my neck were sending me a warning. I listened to those tiny hairs until a few days before October 29, 2008, the day I voted. Then just like in 2004, the FEAR of another stolen election crept in. And I voted for him.

Since the announcement of his choice for CoS, my faith has steadily gone down hill. There has been no upward movement at all.

I may be unlike most here at DU. I was against bombing the **** out of Afghanistan. No evidence has ever been presented to either the American people or for anyone else for that matter of the country's role in the September 11 attacks. Furthermore, no evidence of Osama bin Laden's role in the attacks has been proven, nor is he on the FBI's Most Wanted List for the attacks. Besides, he's been dead since December 2001.

So why are we still there and why does Obama want to send twenty ******* thousand more troops there? For what purpose?

Mike, I will happily share that crow pie w/you if it turns out our fears were for naught.

Quote from:
fla nocount

75. We've secured the oil, now we have to move it.

The Trans-Afghan Pipeline, old news really but this provides some history and time lines back to when Kindasleazy was still CEO of Chevron/Unocal.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHI203A.html

Quote from:
Pastiche423

103. Are you saying that moving our ill gotten gains is the reason Obama wants to put more troops there?

I know all about the pipeline. Knew about that before "we" bombed them back to the stoneage.

Quote from:
fla nocount

107. Yes! Why else would the Messiah of the Western World vote for the FISA bill. He's a slut for the status quo, a Daley Democrat like Rahma-Rahma Ding-Dong and all that the label implies. He sucks and we're ****ed by yet another silver-tongued urbane bastard foisted upon us by the machine.

A little music to sleep by, nice picture of Cindy too...though fleeting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8efNCOAUtc

Quote from:
fla nocount

66. Pay no attention to the cheerleaders, they're not really in the game.

We and the nation have been betrayed and since the neo-liberal wing-nuts that post here number a dozen at most it's hard to figure how they can claim to have a finger on the pulse of "most" Americans.

How many on the left would have voted for BO if he had said, " I'm a corporate whore and I'm going to surround myself with the Clinton Administrations' whores for a round of sloppy seconds?" He didn't say that but that is what he's done. Good argument for betrayal.

The anger and resentment from this participation without representation is good in that it solidifies resolve in the victims and fans the revolutionary flames that are present in this country's nature. Someday the neo-liberals and DLC Glee Clubbers are going to be standing around holding on to their wee bits wondering why they no longer have a voice. It will be because they were cheering for the wrong team.

Every unemployed person in this country is a recruit for the ranks of the displaced and disenfranchised. Every pensioner, every war widow, the homeless, the wanta-be college student, those who've lost their home to foreclosure or had their vehicle repossessed, every victim of any stripe suffering from the failed policies of the last 3 decades is a recruit.

It will be sooner than later, I feel, that some charismatic individual is going to realize that these people and those that sympathize with them are the real America and will give them a voice.

There's a person like that waiting in the wings with nothing to do. He doesn't need the MSM to be effective and we all know his name.

Not sure that meets with der $kimmers desires.  Betting this one slipped through the cracks.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 04:24:49 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 11:50:08 AM »
Hey Mikey, you will be much happier in a communist country like cuba, vz, or nk.  They have your type of liberalism.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 01:01:20 AM »
I'll admit, I've not been a stalwart party supporter since the Clinton years when I began to feel a strong disjunct between my liberalism and the nation's direction. Still, I had hopes for the democratic party, and as a liberal, I really wanted some political representation. It's not just that the democratic party ignores liberals-- the truth is far worse.

This asshole is no "liberal"!

He/she/it is nothing more than a stone cold socialshit!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 05:18:50 PM »
Actually, the mike_c primitive is full of it.

The mike_c primitive's been far to the left of the far-left fringe of the Democrat party since the early 1980s, and so this "loss of faith" is nothing more than grand-standing.

The mike_c primitive hasn't had "faith" in the Democrat party since the days of Walter Mundane.

The mike_c primitive's just blowing off hot air.
apres moi, le deluge