Author Topic: Abortions linked to mental illness  (Read 1100 times)

Offline thundley4

Abortions linked to mental illness
« on: December 01, 2008, 07:00:38 AM »
Women who have an abortion are 30 per cent more likely to develop a mental illness, research has shown.
They are also three times more likely to develop a drug or alcohol addiction compared with other women, another report claimed.
It comes as the number of women having an abortion in England and Wales exceeded 200,000 for the first time last year.
More abortions – 57,000 – were carried out on women aged 20 to 24 than any other age group. There were 4,400 on the under-16s.
A study of 500 women published in the British Journal of Psychiatry showed that anxiety and drug abuse are the most common mental problems following an abortion.
Professor David Fergusson, who led the research, said the findings had 'important implications' – because more than 90 per cent of British abortions were authorised on the grounds that keeping an unwanted baby would cause the mother mental health problems.
link

I wonder if their cause and effect may be backwards?  Could those that are predisposed to mental/drug/alcohol problems be more likely to have abortions?  That would explain liberals and their unswerving support of killing babies.  I mean, a person has to be more than a little crazy to kill a baby, don't they?

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: Abortions linked to mental illness
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »
Just one of the numerous side effects of abortion.  If it was a side effect of a drug NOW would be screaming their heads off about it.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 09:05:25 PM »
So authorization is required in England?  Is it required here, at least informally?

That begs several more in depth questions...

Regardless  :(
I believe authorization is only required for late-term abortions, except in states where minors need parental or court permission.  As is, most late-term abortions are performed right here in Kansas, and the "doctor" that does them has been facing charges of performing them without the second opinion.  The charges aren't going anywhere, he's pretty much bought off the judges and the media...

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 08:04:29 AM »
I believe authorization is only required for late-term abortions, except in states where minors need parental or court permission.  As is, most late-term abortions are performed right here in Kansas, and the "doctor" that does them has been facing charges of performing them without the second opinion.  The charges aren't going anywhere, he's pretty much bought off the judges and the media...

Is that the same wacko "doctor" that O'Reilly has profiled in the past?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 08:53:46 AM »
link

I wonder if their cause and effect may be backwards?  Could those that are predisposed to mental/drug/alcohol problems be more likely to have abortions?  That would explain liberals and their unswerving support of killing babies.  I mean, a person has to be more than a little crazy to kill a baby, don't they?

It's difficult to say abortion is actually the cause here, it's just as likely that the outlook on life and willingness to abort at all is a symptom of more basic problems that also lead to other consequences like mental illness.  Doesn't speak well of the woman's character or potential as a partner either way, of course.   
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »
Is that the same wacko "doctor" that O'Reilly has profiled in the past?
Tiller the Killer...I don't know about O'Reilly. 

Offline thundley4

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 06:08:37 PM »
Tiller the Killer...I don't know about O'Reilly. 

Yep, that's the guy that the O'reilly Factor let the dogs out on last year. 

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 07:07:37 PM »
Yep, that's the guy that the O'reilly Factor let the dogs out on last year. 
Our former Attorney General tried to bring this "doctor" to justice, but that is such a politically incorrect attitude that our state, already smarting from books like "What's the Matter with Kansas," voted him out of office.  I've followed some of the pro-con arguments on sites like kansas.com...there are a lot of "peaceful, diversity-loving, tolerant Democrats" that would love to shoot Kline for his stance against their "head priest," Tiller.